As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Phantasy Star Universe - Out now!

• chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    bah, apparently my gamestop didn't get the Xbox 360 version in today, and neither the Walmart or FYE in the same mall got any versions in. Did put down a reserve on it at the GAmestop but I had to resist temptation to pick up the PS2 version..

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If you guys with the 360 version have a specific universe or place you are going to meet just let me know and I will update the first post with any info you want.

Black_Heart on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited October 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    bah, apparently my gamestop didn't get the Xbox 360 version in today, and neither the Walmart or FYE in the same mall got any versions in. Did put down a reserve on it at the GAmestop but I had to resist temptation to pick up the PS2 version..

I'm pretty sure no one got the 360 version today. There was a shipping issue on Sega's end and it didn't ship out til today supposedly.

Aoi on
  • chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Aoi wrote:

I'm pretty sure no one got the 360 version today. There was a shipping issue on Sega's end and it didn't ship out til today supposedly.

Bah. damn them and their human error! I want to not have a life again!

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Aoi wrote:

Your friends list is full, do clear a spot and send me an invite please. My GT is in my sig.

UberEv on
    edited October 2006
    UberEv wrote:
    Aoi wrote:

Your friends list is full, do clear a spot and send me an invite please. My GT is in my sig.

>_< I cleared out 10 last week. Yeesh. Heh, I get home from work in about an hour. I'll clear up a few more tonight and invite you.

Aoi on
  • RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm currently trying to register myself a Guardian's license for the pass 3 hours, but Sega's site is going really slow. :|

RoriProfessor on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hey, Black Heart, you in town?

piL on
    edited October 2006
    piL wrote:
    Hey, Black Heart, you in town?

Not right now. I was in a game. I can make a game and wait there if you want. Its kind of hard finding people until you give them your partner card.

Whats your character's name?

Black_Heart on
    edited October 2006
    It's piL, make a game and I'll join it.

piL on
    edited October 2006
    Game name: Black Heart making it now on Universe 01

Black_Heart on
    edited October 2006
    I can't find it, what mission is it?

EDIT: NVM

piL on
    edited October 2006
    piL wrote:
    Is there a guild system thing? I haven't seen any guild tags as I've gone around. Should we put our own tags on there?

Sorta kinda. You can give people your card in game. Once you have theirs you can tell what universe they're on, and can invite them into a group from anywhere as long as you're in the same universe. You can also visit their houses and send them in game mail. Closest thing the game has to a guild system though.

Aoi on
    edited October 2006

[Deleted User] on
  • catalystcatalyst Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    According to PSO-World forums, the PC version doesn't come with a CD-Key or any type of unique authentication.

This is a very strange move on Sega's part for multiple reasons (read: $$$).

I'm afraid hackers/bannable-people will run rampant because all they have to do is sign up for a new Hunter's Liscense instead of purchasing another copy of the game...

catalyst on
    MainlineSIX.png
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    TFS you silly faggot.

(Tell me how good the game is, and I may pick it up.)

The Sneak! on
  • SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PS2/PC Server, Arko, Force/Newman

Someone message me, I am so confused.

Edit: Or not, I think the login server is down.

SilentCoconut on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A friend of mine in the UK just got the US version imported in.

She can't play online due to SEGA not accepting credit cards outside North America for the NA version.

She's not very happy at all, and neither are her friends who also imported. :(

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    korodullin wrote:

She can't play online due to SEGA not accepting credit cards outside North America for the NA version.

There has to be a way around it. If I was able to play the Final Fantasy XI import, then dammit, they should be able to play their US versions of PSU.

The Sneak! on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well after two attempts to get a DVD that was not corrupted I finally got the game installed and now I'm going through the hell that is obtaining a Guardian License.

Rinder on
    edited October 2006
    Ack, poor guys. piL and I are rocking the house. We just kicked some ass on a Neudiaz mission. Fighting monsters 10 levels higher than us and dying in 3 hits o_o

Still great fun.

I seriously need a new graphics card though, because with 6 people + lots of monsters on screen + trees and battle effects, there is a good bit of slowdown on the PS2 version.

Its not "terrible" still playable, just annoying, but I think with a better GFX card, my PC could handle it better than the PS2. Just something to think about if you aren't sure whether or not to get the PS2 or PC.

Its fucking awful the 360 servers are seperate from PS2/PC, or else I would buy a 360 just for this game.

Black_Heart on
  • RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Rinder wrote:
    now I'm going through the hell that is obtaining a Guardian License.

Yeah seriously, I've been at it since the beginning of the afternoon and I've still haven't gotten one. :cry:

RoriProfessor on
    edited October 2006

[Deleted User] on
  • kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The Sneak! wrote:
    TFS you silly faggot.

I am playing single-player and so far it is pretty fucking rad

the only problem I have (I must not be able to find the setting for it because I'm a fucking retard) is that there is this constant camera rotation to the right I can't seem to fix

You on PC or PS2? Sounds like a calibration issue.

kriegs on
    edited October 2006

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2006

[Deleted User] on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The Sneak! wrote:
    korodullin wrote:

There has to be a way around it. If I was able to play the Final Fantasy XI import, then dammit, they should be able to play their US versions of PSU.
    Doesn't look like it. What's odd is that Europe will be playing on all of the same servers as North America is, but they're not accepting any European (or at least UK) credit cards. The only way I could possibly see her and her friends getting around it is if they somehow got ahold of American credit cards.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    kriegs wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    TFS you silly faggot.

I am playing single-player and so far it is pretty fucking rad

the only problem I have (I must not be able to find the setting for it because I'm a fucking retard) is that there is this constant camera rotation to the right I can't seem to fix

You on PC or PS2? Sounds like a calibration issue.
    PC, and I calibrated my controller and everything.

edit; guess it's not a status effect, since its there even when I start a new game

dammit
    This is so frustrating

I can't run in a fucking straight line
    This probably won't solve it but I've had problems like this on all controllers with joysticks at least once and what I've discovered is that sometimes the stick is leaning slightly towards a side. It's sometimes so small you don't notice but the game does. However, what solves it for me is to press it a few times in the direction it's leaning. I have to wiggle the sticks in all directions on my PS2 controller because this problem happens every single time. It's really annoying.

Anyways, I shall be getting my copy tonight for PS2 so if I can make my hunters license with no problems, I'll be all set for tomorrow. I have TV shows tonight that will take up all my time but I'll try to get used to all the buttons and stuff.

Gilder on
  • StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    so where do we meet for this? I've just been messing around.

StriderEdge on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Are the different versions compatible in online play?

Edit - I learned how to read the OP.

Henroid on
    edited October 2006

You have the PS2/PC version? Me and piL have been playing but if you want to meet up with us, its pretty much "decide a place and meet there".

I'm playing the offline game right now though.

Black_Heart on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So intial impressions: worth buying?

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

You have the PS2/PC version? Me and piL have been playing but if you want to meet up with us, its pretty much "decide a place and meet there".

I'm playing the offline game right now though.

Ive got the PC version. Just been wandering around in universe 1. My character's name is Ciel.

StriderEdge on
    edited October 2006
    D:

So my game randomly minimizes, nProtect kicks me out, and the login servers are still messed up and I can't get back on.

I'll try to get back on later piL and Black Heart. And while I'm here...
    Akira wrote:
    So intial impressions: worth buying?
    I'm having fun. There are still some issues, though, and even the PSU website says that it's official launch isn't until the 27th, now. Any opinions might be inaccurate until the weekend is over.

SilentCoconut on
    edited October 2006

[Deleted User] on
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Speaking of controllers, how well does the 360 one work with this game for PC?
    It wasn't out here today so tomorrow, it begins! ...I hope :(

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
    edited October 2006
    I'm enjoying the game a lot. I like the style, the online experience is really fluid and immersive in comparison to PSO.

My only real complaint is that you have to do the same few missions over and over to gain Exp and money right now. But Sega will be releasing more missions soon.

Black_Heart on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So.. I can't register any sort of account because the website is down?

JAEF on
    edited October 2006
    To the people playing right now, I was browsing on psupedia.org, and I found out that there are missions with level 10+ monsters on Parum. No idea how to get there though...

SilentCoconut on