As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Fucking Thread About the 2016 Elections, Seriously, What the Hell, I Don't Even

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    I don't think that the email thing is going to hurt Hillary, I don't think most voters care and I think the GOP will have moved to a new toy by next summer.

I kind of thought the same thing about the Benghazi thing, but Republicans are still on that like white on rice. The email thing is really just an off-shoot off that, really.

I guess, but nobody who cares about Benghazi was ever going to tick the D box anyway.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Republicans are not most voters. Especially benghazi derp republicans. They won in 2014 specifically because turn out was dog shit sad, not because they suddenly made political sense.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Yeah, tribalism is a pretty strong factor. They'd rather vote for their team than make sense.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Of course Jeb Bush think Indiana's Freedom to Discriminate Law was the right thing to do. I am actually pretty surprised that he'd just up and say so with so many people, organizations, and large businesses telling the governor of Indiana that he done fucked up.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Of course Jeb Bush think Indiana's Freedom to Discriminate Law was the right thing to do. I am actually pretty surprised that he'd just up and say so with so many people, organizations, and large businesses telling the governor of Indiana that he done fucked up.

Are you really surprised? Really?

• Options
    Maddow highlighted it last night, but all of the 2016 candidates and Reince Priebus himself has come out in support of it. Because again to the country at large its a horrible policy, but to the GOP its supported policy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Maddow highlighted it last night, but all of the 2016 candidates and Reince Priebus himself has come out in support of it. Because again to the country at large its a horrible policy, but to the GOP its supported policy.

I will never not read that as Prince Riebus on first glance.

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Yes I actually am. If it were Cruz, Rubio, Walker, or Paul I would not be. But yeah, I actually am a little surprised that after all of the backlash that's Pence has gotten for this shit that he'd just go ahead and jump on board.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Yes I actually am. If it were Cruz, Rubio, Walker, or Paul I would not be. But yeah, I actually am a little surprised that after all of the backlash that's Pence has gotten for this shit that he'd just go ahead and jump on board.

Probably because he knows it's a lot of talk. For every business that ACTUALLY stops practice in Indiana, there will be a Chick-Fil-A that finds them wonderful and steps up.

Which is a huge shame, but probably represents the truth. Any business that is currently turning a profit in Indiana and Arkansas and the other 'X number' states that have this dumbassed law will continue doing business there because $money

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm going to go to Indiana and start punching republicans.

Then I'll cite my religious conviction that republican faces must be punched.

Perfect crime.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Probably because he knows it's a lot of talk. For every business that ACTUALLY stops practice in Indiana, there will be a Chick-Fil-A that finds them wonderful and steps up.

Which is a huge shame, but probably represents the truth. Any business that is currently turning a profit in Indiana and Arkansas and the other 'X number' states that have this dumbassed law will continue doing business there because $money

Retail is not where this is gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt in those business that have a choice of where to locate. SalesForce was looking at putting an expanded headquarters in Indiana with millions in construction costs and thousands of jobs (white collar!) created. They've basically said they won't now. They'll totally do that expanasion but they'll do it somewhere that isn't currently suffering from a PR meltdown because they're cool with bigotry.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Standing up for the bill is suddenly a hygiene factor for republicans in the eyes of the base, which is not in their interest because 2016 will not be a culture war election. Standing up for Beleaguered Bigots is something that only hurts or distracts from preferred narratives outside of the republican loyalists, but now they have to come out and compete in who can do it the most fervently.

BTW: If you are going to deny anyone goods or services, you should own it. Put a sign on your window saying "We deny service to same-sex or outed gays here in accordance with..." so all your customers can see it, gay or straight. No sign, no denying anyone.

[à la Statler and Waldorf]: BOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Wait, though. Tell me this is actually a joke.

Absalon on
  • Options
    The smart business owners are putting up "We Don't Discriminate" signs on their store fronts.

I was really hoping one of the Republican hopefuls would have spoken out against these laws, and Bush was really the only one with a chance of doing so. I just really hope this issue sticks around and is brought up in a debate or two. If they're going to support the law, the least they can do is crash and burn with it in a public debate.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    If you are going to deny anyone goods or services, own it. Put a sign on your window saying "We deny service to same-sex or outed gays here in accordance with..." so all your customers can see it, gay or straight. No sign, no denying anyone.

A Democratic legislator actually added an amendment to that effect to the OK version of this bill.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    If you are going to deny anyone goods or services, own it. Put a sign on your window saying "We deny service to same-sex or outed gays here in accordance with..." so all your customers can see it, gay or straight. No sign, no denying anyone.

A Democratic legislator actually added an amendment to that effect to the OK version of this bill.

This is sorta perfect. Whichever side you're on you clearly believe you're in the vast majority so nobody should have an issue with it.

I, of course, am on the correct side along with the majority of Americans so it just lets us know who the good businesses are.

• Options
    I think this "religious freedom" will be the 2016 version of anti gay marriage amendments of 2004. Lets hope it rallies the lazy democratic voters as much as the "MA CHRISTIAN FREEDUMBS!" group.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

This is sorta perfect. Whichever side you're on you clearly believe you're in the vast majority so nobody should have an issue with it.

I, of course, am on the correct side along with the majority of Americans so it just lets us know who the good businesses are.

And on that note, shitty pizzeria saves gay people from horror of shitty pizza as first business to publicly discriminate.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

And on that note, shitty pizzeria saves gay people from horror of shitty pizza as first business to publicly discriminate.

No one could have forseseen this, was not the intent of the bill, its the same bill twenty other states have and Bill Clinton signed the federal version.

Ok boom there are all the excuses out of the way.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hutchinson says no to Arkansas bill, saying it needs to mirror federal law and citing the generational gap. His son told him it was a bad move and even signed the protesting petition - good on him.

Now let us ask the GOP contenders if they will stand by him and respect his decision, like with Pence.

(Clinton seen silently chuckling while the email wharrgarbl drops out of focus)

Absalon on
  • Options
    Hutchinson says no to Arkansas bill, saying it needs to mirror federal law and citing the generational gap. His son told him it was a bad move - good on him.

Now let us ask the GOP contenders if they will ask people to stand by him and respect his decision, like with Pence.

(Clinton seen silently chuckling while the email wharrgarbl drops out of focus)

I wonder if Walmart saying "fuck this bill" had anything to do with it? Nah....

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And here we go:

Bush at 4 % and Cruz at 33 % (ahead of Walker) among "very conservative" voters, Christie is done, Carson and Huckabee drop as Cruz sweeps up the hard-liners.

Lastly, Rand Paul goes from 4 to 10 and Rubio's 55 % favorable rating among primary voters makes him prime VP material.

Best get used to telling the story about how you bossed Schiavo's poor husband around, Jeb. They smell moderation on you.

Edit: I know josh, but Christie's favorables are in the utter tank.

Absalon on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Nobody is "done", it's still two thousand fucking fifteen

• Options

Ha ha ha ha.
    “If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,”

"I will also refuse to shoe any Unicorns you may bring me."
    The O'Connor family told ABC 57 news that if a gay couple or a couple belonging to another religion came in to the restaurant to eat, they would never deny them service.

Pussies.

I guess I missed in Leviticus the "Thou shall not cater fabulous events!" between all the "Murder the gays" verses.

• Options
    Who gets pizza to cater a wedding? I'd deny them on that alone "What the fuck? No."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

The O'Connor family prides themselves in owning a business that reflects their religious beliefs.

Freaking Pizzafarians. What's great is that they're saying that if someone asked for pizza for a wedding, that they'd say no. Since odds of someone asking for a pizza party wedding are pretty damn slim, the only reason they're making this announcement is to make sure everyone knows how bigoted they are.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

The O'Connor family prides themselves in owning a business that reflects their religious beliefs.

Freaking Pizzafarians. What's great is that they're saying that if someone asked for pizza for a wedding, that they'd say no. Since odds of someone asking for a pizza party wedding are pretty damn slim, the only reason they're making this announcement is to make sure everyone knows how bigoted they are.

Which is just fantastic, its like someone openly declaring they are racist. Thanks buddy now I know to shun you like you have the stupid plague.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    They will also be the first to exclaim that they are being persecuted when the resturant starts getting negative reviews and/or loses business

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Standing up for the bill is suddenly a hygiene factor for republicans in the eyes of the base, which is not in their interest because 2016 will not be a culture war election. Standing up for Beleaguered Bigots is something that only hurts or distracts from preferred narratives outside of the republican loyalists, but now they have to come out and compete in who can do it the most fervently.

BTW: If you are going to deny anyone goods or services, you should own it. Put a sign on your window saying "We deny service to same-sex or outed gays here in accordance with..." so all your customers can see it, gay or straight. No sign, no denying anyone.

[à la Statler and Waldorf]: BOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Wait, though. Tell me this is actually a joke.

National polls in a primary are the dumbest thing. How do they look in NH, SC, FL, IA?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    National polls in 2015 are equally as stupid.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Huh. I will give them points, they are in fact closed on Sunday.

The googling that lead me to knowing this leads me to believe that they will very very shortly know what it feels like to be Rick Sanatorum.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

March 14 and geeky mathemeticians.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Cruz has "big momentum" right now because it's 2015 and he just recently announced his candidacy

That's it

If you think that "momentum" means jack squat or will translate to anything in 2016, not just nationally but in the primaries, you're kidding yourself

• Options
    In a move that I'm sure that will shock no one. That pizza place now has several hundred one star reviews on yelp.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    In a move that I'm sure that will shock no one. That pizza place now has several hundred one star reviews on yelp.

I'm sure at the same time they'll have a chic fil A business boom that will die off and then they'll go out of business.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I want to conduct a poll:

"Out of these declared presidential candidates, who would you vote for:"
    * Ted Cruz

"100% of Americans support Ted Cruz! He's going to clean up in 2016!"

(I also want to do a mirror poll with 'None of the Above' as an option)

• Options
    National polls in 2015 are equally as stupid.

Well at least now we're in the spring/summer time frame where people are going to start declaring.

But to write Christie, a guy with big pockets and a big following, before anyone has really started campaigning is silly.

Also, remember that every week in 2011/2012 there was a new GOP frontrunner, so it's going to be about how has enough money to last long enough.

See Bush, J.E.B. for more details.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Marathon wrote: »

I'm sure at the same time they'll have a chic fil A business boom that will die off and then they'll go out of business.

Jeb Bush is quickly trying to schedule a campaign stop there

Marathon on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So lets give credit where credit is due to the Arkansas governor. Did he do it because of Walmart pressure, or the back blow from Indiana? Probably, but if we're going to shit on everything republicans do, we have to equally give a cordial nod when they do a smart thing. This was a smart thing.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    But to write Christie, a guy with big pockets and a big following, before anyone has really started campaigning is silly.

I feel pretty safe in calling him done. He's done absolutely nothing to fix his image of a crooked politician; his primary opponents should have an absolute field day with the now many financial shenanigans he's been caught getting up to. Lets not forget this is the guy who was caught shopping around 9/11 relics for political favors and kickbacks.

• Options
    Walmart, money is the major factor in any GOP situation.

pleasepaypreacher.net