As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BRACKETApril Fool's 2015BRACKET I guess we're doing this again? Pac-Man maps is fun though

cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
edited April 2015 in Games and Technology
Well, it's time for companies to announce this year's crop of April Fool's stuff. What will be great? What will be lame? Why are we still doing this?

Ah well. I guess we shouldn't complain too much, since Google's first salvo is putting Pac-Man into Google Maps. Just click the Pac-Man icon on the bottom right to turn what you're looking at into a playable Pac-Man maze. Twisty streets and over-designed subdivisions make for great ones.

Capcom brings us Dog Ace Attorney. Dogs are funny, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TayVCvUCImM

Post your other finds here.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
Sterica on

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    zX34xth.png

I see what you people are doing here right at this moment. I am wise to these antics.

... I am, right?

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Heroes of the Storm has Big Head Mode turned on, and they're offering a life-sized Protoss starship if you preorder Legacy of the Void.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    zX34xth.png

I see what you people are doing here right at this moment. I am wise to these antics.

... I am, right?

Consider me mildly aggravated.

• Options
    Quantum KnightQuantum Knight Registered User regular
    It's not video game related, per se, but IGN has an "announcement" of a new Back to the Future movie that crosses over with Fast and the Furious to be "Fast to the Future".

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote: »
    zX34xth.png

... I am, right?

I don't consider that a joke so much as a prank.

And honestly, I'm still not sure that it's not just vanilla being fucking awful like usual. (I miss the old forums format)

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Haha, I think it's hilarious.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Astale wrote: »
    zX34xth.png

... I am, right?

And honestly, I'm still not sure that it's not just vanilla being fucking awful like usual. (I miss the old forums format)
    Icy understands that it's hard transitioning to a new forum in just four years, and he will be adding a new feature where the forum will randomly be down for a month and just have spotty stability in general for that classic PA forum feel!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Icy understands that it's hard transitioning to a new forum in just four years, and he will be adding a new feature where the forum will randomly be down for a month and just have spotty stability in general for that classic PA forum feel!

500: Internal Oh Snap Error

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    zX34xth.png

... I am, right?

Wait, it hasn't been four years on Vanilla already, has it?

• Options
    Four years this summer

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i am like, legitimately grumpy that the april fools 2015 badge is the same joke as the april fools 2014 badge

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    This isn't actually a complain about the forums thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Humble Bundle is offering a bunch of classic games with Humble Indie Ballyhoo.
    i am like, legitimately grumpy that the april fools 2015 badge is the same joke as the april fools 2014 badge

I never considered the possibility that there not being an image for it could be a joke.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I would absolutely watch Fast to the Future.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Too fast, too future.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Steam XXX should be an actual thing. :)

Also, not gaming related, but cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAfllX7akKA

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Due to a typing error during programming, cast on hit effects in Path of Exile have temporarily become cats on hit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQGbx_1AiVA

Dying Light has gotten strange awesome;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cUe3Cvk28&has_verified=1

SUPERHOT has been ported to Quake;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciBgg-Fuf0o

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Not game related, but I had a section show up on Netflix that was something like "Recently viewed by Tobias Funke". Stuff like a movie called I Don't Want to be A Man, documentaries that I think were about homosexual stuff, Master of Disguise, and an ocean nature documentary called Into the Blue.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Harmonix presents...

Romance Central!

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/romance-central/

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    D5_01_off.0.png

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Guild Wars 2 has introduced Airplane mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjs8F03MOYc

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Amazon has "1999 mode" on their front page, which then reverts to the normal site when you click anywhere. They are offering the Dash Button; and I can't tell if it's an actual thing. Dear God, I hope not.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Amazon has "1999 mode" on their front page, which then reverts to the normal site when you click anywhere. They are offering the Dash Button; and I can't tell if it's an actual thing. Dear God, I hope not.

By all accounts the Amazon Dash Button is a real, actual thing that will exist, despite it's debut around April Fool's Day.

In retrospect, I think the Amazon Fire Phone should have been announced around the same time of year so Jeff Bezos could have gone "Just kidding! Gotcha!" a few months later.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Bungie's contribution this year is dancing Guardians on your legend>gear page

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Amazon Dash button is real and also incredibly silly.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I like the amazon ordering you can do where you can schedule products. Like, every month I run out of TP at the same time? Well now I get a box of TP from amazon the day before autocharging my card and everything.

This is nice because you can press the button when you notice and not have to worry "oh we have too much now because we used less than expected." No idea if it'll catch on, especially since it's battery powered.

• Options
    Payday 2 had a fake character DLC called the "Collector's Pack" which featured the character "Cash Catchem" and allowed you to capture police in a new cube item.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The best part is the totally-not-the-Pokemon-theme music that they created for that.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I like the amazon ordering you can do where you can schedule products. Like, every month I run out of TP at the same time? Well now I get a box of TP from amazon the day before autocharging my card and everything.

This is nice because you can press the button when you notice and not have to worry "oh we have too much now because we used less than expected." No idea if it'll catch on, especially since it's battery powered.

Except that I'm envisioning a kid just hammering that button over, and over, and over...

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

Except that I'm envisioning a kid just hammering that button over, and over, and over...

You can cancel the orders before they ship out.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

You can cancel the orders before they ship out.

And successive pushes will not place an order until the first one has shipped.

PwH4Ipj.jpg