As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Fucking Thread About the 2016 Elections, Seriously, What the Hell, I Don't Even

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    One upside to the Iowa caucuses is that smart money usage and a good ground game (and frothing at the mouth supporters) can hold up against wealthier campaigns.

One downside to the Iowa caucuses is that winning there doesn't necessarily mean jack shit. It can get you momentum or it can just be the one blip before the real contests.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    zakkiel wrote: »
    So Martin O'Malley is making noises that sound like a run against Hillary:
    O’Malley wants to be that new leadership, but in everything that matters, he’s far behind Clinton. He trails in the polls, he trails in fundraising, and he trails in party support. But the former Maryland governor knows he’s not going to overcome Clinton with resources. His plan is to stand as a liberal alternative for Democrats who want a more populist alternative to Clinton’s modest, center-left agenda, and hope that—like in 2008—Clinton loses her grip on inevitability.

Personally, as soon as I hear any alternative to Hillary, I get interested. But I admit I know nothing about the guy except what's in that article.

The only thing I know about him is that he somehow managed to the Maryland Governor's spot to

Fake Edit: I'm kinda glad I just looked him up on Wikipedia. I thought he was the one that managed to lose the Maryland Governorship to the GOP, but it seems I was mistaken (he was term-limited). I had kinda written him off because you'd have to be pretty inept (as a governor or campaigner) to do that, but now I guess I should give him another look.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    He didn't destroy Maryland and he's pretty nice I think?

He didn't destroy it, but he sure as hell didn't do anything for it.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    He didn't destroy Maryland and he's pretty nice I think?

He didn't destroy it, but he sure as hell didn't do anything for it.

See perfect for president just like our current do nothing tyrant who enforces martial law while on vacation golfing all the time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    One upside to the Iowa caucuses is that smart money usage and a good ground game (and frothing at the mouth supporters) can hold up against wealthier campaigns.

One downside to the Iowa caucuses is that winning there doesn't necessarily mean jack shit. It can get you momentum or it can just be the one blip before the real contests.

True, still better than having the primaries start off with a Super Tuesday type event. I just wish the electorate there wasn't quite so old, white, and didn't worship ethanol as their God-King.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

True, still better than having the primaries start off with a Super Tuesday type event. I just wish the electorate there wasn't quite so old, white, and didn't worship ethanol as their God-King.

Please don't lump us all together.

• Options
    Didn't Iowa send Joni Ernst to congress? Welcome to the shit list Iowa.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    .... We are terrible people.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

Ethanol for the Ethanol-God, Straw Polls for the Poll Throne?

Iowa Khorne!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

I've already apologized once, and I won't stop until she's out of office.

Sorry guys.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Not a lot of overlap between Ernst voters and Democrat caucus goers. It still kills me that they swapped Harkin for Ernst.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »

Sorry guys.

I'm sorry I can't hear you all the way down in the damned dirty HOLE!!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Sorry guys.

We already owe them for Steve King.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't think I could ever forgive Minnesota for Bachmann.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/politics/michelle-bachman-compares-obama-to-crash-co-pilot/index.html

infact I'm sure of it.

Trace on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Many comments posted on her Facebook page blasted the former representative. Melissa Coca wrote, "Comparing this tragedy to anything is moronic and despicable." Michael J Pristash wrote, "Your allusion is so inappropriate and divisive, not to mention disrespectful on so many levels. Shame on you."

Some also accused her of taking desperate measures to stay in the public eye. Lynda Anderson wrote, "Posting outrageous things in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant?"

Jesus Christ. CNN is reading YouTube comments like they're news? "Posting outrageous things in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant?" Seems like it applies to CNN too.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Many comments posted on her Facebook page blasted the former representative. Melissa Coca wrote, "Comparing this tragedy to anything is moronic and despicable." Michael J Pristash wrote, "Your allusion is so inappropriate and divisive, not to mention disrespectful on so many levels. Shame on you."

Some also accused her of taking desperate measures to stay in the public eye. Lynda Anderson wrote, "Posting outrageous things in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant?"

Jesus Christ. CNN is reading YouTube comments like they're news?

They quoted one person as saying, "Posting outrageous things in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant?" Seems like it applies to CNN too.

It's CNN. Anderson Cooper needs to leave for MSNBC, he's too good for that network.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Cog wrote: »

Sorry guys.

We already owe them for Steve King.

At least Minnesota had the decency to balance out Michelle Bachmann a bit by also giving us Al Franken in the other chamber.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/politics/michelle-bachman-compares-obama-to-crash-co-pilot/index.html

infact I'm sure of it.

Don't look at me, that's not my district.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Nutty reps are to be expected, Washington send Cathy Mcderp Rodgers to congress. Nutty Senators are much less forgiving that's a state wide sin.

Anyway, Cruz is helping out Indiana selling their religious freedumb law as a push back against the big business left wings desire for gay marriage. Thanks Cruz way to shoot your own parties message right in the foot.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Jesus Christ. CNN is reading YouTube comments like they're news? "Posting outrageous things in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant?" Seems like it applies to CNN too.

Technically Facebook comments, which is marginally better I suppose.

But the fact that they are giving Bachmann an article shows just how complicit the media is in bullshit sometimes.

Anyway, she's not running is she? Soooo 2016!

• Options

But the fact that they are giving Bachmann an article shows just how complicit the media is in bullshit sometimes.

Nope. Santorum will fill in her slot for crazy eyes this primary.

• Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-flip-indiana-law

Bye Jeb it was nice knowing you. Not really.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Still upset I won't get to see Admiral Bachman of the USS Batshit again...

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Man how sad is it that saying you shouldn't discriminate is going to be the death knell for a Presidential candidate?

• Options
    Are there any female GOP politicians rumbling about entering this primary?

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »

Still upset I won't get to see Admiral Bachman of the USS Batshit again...

I wouldn't count her out, she might try and grift her way into veep talks. Though no one in this current field is that fucking crazy to even consider her "Dumber than Palin as if that was possible with no national pull? OH FUCK YEAH LETS THROW BACHMAN ON THIS BITCH!!!"

Though I'm sure if Hillary is the nominee the GOP will go female or minority veep.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

That was almost Romney-esque in its expedience.

The hilarious part is, now that the law has writing in it that keeps businesses from discriminating against the LGBT community by refusing service, it might as well not even exist because that was the entire point of the law in the first place.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Are there any female GOP politicians rumbling about entering this primary?

There are rumblings that Fiorina may run.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

That was almost Romney-esque in its expedience.

The hilarious part is, now that the law has writing in it that keeps businesses from discriminating against the LGBT community by refusing service, it might as well not even exist because that was the entire point of the law in the first place.

Was leaked audio from a private fund raiser as well.

Also I think it's in Arkansas (Georgia?) where they changed the bill to prevent discrimination and now it's in limbo because the original sponsor says it no longer does what it was supposed to.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    "leaked" audio. Jeb Bush has people taping him everywhere he goes to prevent liberal slander akin to Romney's 47% video.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Arkansas it passed and was vetoed. So maybe Georgia.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular

Sorry guys.

I'm sorry I can't hear you all the way down in the damned dirty HOLE!!!!

Yeah, no throwing stones here. I'm in Florida.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Trace wrote: »

infact I'm sure of it.
    Bachmann is no stranger to voicing her opinion on the President's dealing with Iran, personally telling him to "bomb Iran" during the 2014 White House Christmas Party.

"I turned to the president and I said, something to the effect of, 'Mr. President, you need to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities, because if you don't, Iran will have a nuclear weapon on your watch and the course of world history will change,'" she told the Washington Free Beacon.

The congresswoman, who sought the GOP presidential nomination in 2012, said Obama had a "condescending smile on his face and laughed at me."

She said he told her: "Well Michele, it's just not that easy."

yeah, I bet that's true

Shorty on
  • Options
    I'd totally believe he said that, and with a smile on his face as in "Ha ha what the fuck is this loon doing talking to me?"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Bringing up bombing people at a Christmas Party. I hope the President at least spiked his punch.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll see any rumbling about Ben Carson down the road. His politics line up with the GOP's like a fingers in a glove, he's a successful neurosurgeon and author. He seems likely as a least a possible veep candidate.

• Options
    I wonder if we'll see any rumbling about Ben Carson down the road. His politics line up with the GOP's like a fingers in a glove, he's a successful neurosurgeon and author. He seems likely as a least a possible veep candidate.

It'd be a nice addition to his resume and wallet, even if he's not serious about it.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I would want any Presidential or Vice-Presidential candidate to have at least held a government position at some point in their lives or have some history of diplomacy.

• Options
    Yeah Carson is just the herman caine of this cycle.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, BUT, a not inconsiderable amount of the GOP base is pretty virulently anti-establishment (or think they are) so bringing in the so-called "political outsider who won't play (read: doesn't understand) Beltway politics" seems like an interesting play, if maybe not such a good one.

Metzger Meister on