As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Fucking Thread About the 2016 Elections, Seriously, What the Hell, I Don't Even

1979899100101103»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah, BUT, a not inconsiderable amount of the GOP base is pretty virulently anti-establishment (or think they are) so bringing in the so-called "political outsider who won't play (read: doesn't understand) Beltway politics" seems like an interesting play, if maybe not such a good one.

We had plenty of those in 2012, and they still picked Romney. Republicans talk a big game about being anti establishment (which is hilarious considering their party), but when the rubber meets the road they go along with whatever the party says to.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah, BUT, a not inconsiderable amount of the GOP base is pretty virulently anti-establishment (or think they are) so bringing in the so-called "political outsider who won't play (read: doesn't understand) Beltway politics" seems like an interesting play, if maybe not such a good one.

We had plenty of those in 2012, and they still picked Romney. Republicans talk a big game about being anti establishment (which is hilarious considering their party), but when the rubber meets the road they go along with whatever the party says to.

But it's Santorum's turn...

rick-santorum-440.jpg

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    they also lost in a rather humiliating way in 2012 and each loss probably brings them closer to the edge

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if the Teapers are going to continue to take "No" for an answer for very much longer.

Jars wrote: »
    they also lost in a rather humiliating way in 2012 and each loss probably brings them closer to the edge

2008 was worse and it didn't lead to shit just pushed them further to the derp side and they still went with safey mcsaferson Mitt Romney.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the Teapers are going to continue to take "No" for an answer for very much longer.

They will there is no other party that would do anything for their rabid nutters.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

They don't have much of a choice.

And unlike democrats who get their feelings hurt and decide to let the country burn. Teapers still show up to the polls. Witness Tehran Tom as an example.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Viskod wrote: »
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-flip-indiana-law

Bye Jeb it was nice knowing you. Not really.

That was almost Romney-esque in its expedience.

The hilarious part is, now that the law has writing in it that keeps businesses from discriminating against the LGBT community by refusing service, it might as well not even exist because that was the entire point of the law in the first place.

Dont want to derail, but there doesn't seem to be a thread on this. I thought the law simply allowed the courts to consider if someone accused of discrimination was actually burdened?

Like if I'm some dickbag pizza shop owner that openly states They'd refuse to serve someone, they can still be sued, or the state could still pursue some form of action (depending on what anti-discrimination laws exist in that state) but the court could now consider if there was a legitimate religious consideration. It doesnt give a free pass but simply a potential defense that a court can consider.

Am I missing something?

Edit: spelling/grammar

Yall on
    I wonder if we'll see more Jeb Bush style recriminations on Indiana's law since Snyder in Michigan claims he'll veto a bill similar to it if it crosses his desk.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll see more Jeb Bush style recriminations on Indiana's law since Snyder in Michigan claims he'll veto a bill similar to it if it crosses his desk.

Dammit Snyder, stop reinforcing my father's belief you're not always a total nutbar.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    tohMvk5.jpg

For more info, see Prester John's SA thread about the Accelerated Christian Education cult, or her more recent one on how these people work.

I was in one of these school/cults for a spell. I got the best a guy can get from them, and heard the worst a girl could get. I said very little/nothing when the cops came. The teachers repeated the lecture on Satan we got when the screaming started, with some NWO/anti-Catholic shit on the end. I eventually got kicked out and it was the best I've ever felt.

These are the people Cruz and Paul are going after.

Edith Upwards on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    As long as Teapers are splitting the right's vote by voting for libertarian candidates instead of someone who has even a tiny shot at winning, they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    "What about Asia?"
    "Shut up, Billy."

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Yeah Carson is just the herman caine of this cycle.
    Carson is less entertaining than Caine was. He's much more measured in tone when he spouts his crazypants.

Herman Caine was hilarious just standing on stage because he acted like a combination of bouncy toddler and a college freshman that is absolutely convinced in their own philosophical rightness.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Its because Carson is an actual crazy derp. Caine was an art school project. I bet if you got Herman alone with no cameras around he'd give you the biggest shit eating grin and admit the whole thing. I mean he freaking quoted the pokemon movie...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Is there going to be a new thread? Or are we waiting for a mod to show up, call us dickweasels, and prevent us from having a new thread?

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Is there going to be a new thread? Or are we waiting for a mod to show up, call us dickweasels, and prevent us from having a new thread?

if there's a new thread i think it's imperative that "dickweasel" is included in the title somehow

Maybe a Ted Cruz reference...i dunno

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    as a dickweasel

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

2008 was worse and it didn't lead to shit just pushed them further to the derp side and they still went with safey mcsaferson Mitt Romney.

which one was the rove breakdown? they did go with romney but it was such a tough pill to swallow that frothy was in the race for a while

Rove was Romney, but that was just his own dissillusionment. Neither Obama election was a surprise to anyone paying attention to real polling.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    so none of the conservative base

I think everyone knew 2008 was obama's. people really stuck their head in the sand in 2012

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Since this thread is over 100 pages that means it's an anime thread now right?
    UHu5xHp.jpg?1

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The historian in me is screaming in pain.

b... biden senpai...