As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [PHALLA] of Ice and Fire - Littlefinger is King

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Based on the only statement about win conditions in the OP:
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Finally, the last team alive wins.

I think it's safe to assume that it's not so much a good vs. bad game as it is a team game, unless there is a team of Others (whose name is an unfortunate coincidence and sure to cause confusion with PhallLOST).

Aside from the Others, no one is really good or bad, they're just various degrees of asshole.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There is also this
    Frosteey wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I am merciless but fair.

Lies.

Why the hell do you want to show mercy to the bad guys?

You guys think this is some normal phalla with a bunch of good guys and a few bad guys?

This is a war over control of the Iron throne. Whichever team is still alive at the end wins.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Go Team Venture!

Unknown User on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Go Team Ventrue!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • SkulkSkulk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Go, go, go New Justice Team!

Skulk on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    New_Justice_Team.png

Unknown User on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can't we just end this tonight or tomorrow night? PhalLOST only gets narration posts now anyways, and we are only getting fluff posts now.

Qorzm on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    wait, what

Obbi on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Qorzm wrote: »
    Can't we just end this tonight or tomorrow night? PhalLOST only gets narration posts now anyways, and we are only getting fluff posts now.

The problem with that is that anyone who doesn't regularly come to the boards on the weekend will miss a day without ever knowing it. In one game in D&D I was a seer and died day 1 before I even knew the game had started because the start date moved from Monday to Saturday and I didn't think to check.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Skulk wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Future Hero Next Generation!

Rend on
  • McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey

like, Whoa !

McKid on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Qorzm wrote: »

The problem with that is that anyone who doesn't regularly come to the boards on the weekend will miss a day without ever knowing it. In one game in D&D I was a seer and died day 1 before I even knew the game had started because the start date moved from Monday to Saturday and I didn't think to check.

And weekends are always dead.

I'd say it could be moved up to Sunday, but I've learned the hard way that adjusting the time of a vote close can mean bad things.

Usually involving pitchforks and torches.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote Jester313 to be DA's Hand. Because, I mean, who wouldn't want to be.

Also, I'm drunk and chatty, so I'm going to be heading over to SE++.

Jester313 on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Woo hey dudes.

M.D. on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    !Hey Embark

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Based on the only statement about win conditions in the OP:
    Finally, the last team alive wins.

I think it's safe to assume that it's not so much a good vs. bad game as it is a team game, unless there is a team of Others (whose name is an unfortunate coincidence and sure to cause confusion with PhallLOST).

Aside from the Others, no one is really good or bad, they're just various degrees of asshole.

While that is true I think their are two other candidates for being "Evil", in this regard I shall use "Evil" to apply to those who are not one of the major noble houses.

One is Peter. I don't think this is a huge possibility but it's been heavily implied that he is manipulating...well everybody in the books.

Two is Varys. He's a disloyal little punk who seems to have his own motives. Though he strikes me as an actual "Neutral" role rather than a villain.

An outside chance is Daenerys but she is way too young at this point in time if I'm plotting the time correctly. I guess it really depends upon how long a time frame Plut has designed this to cover.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited October 2007
    Who is Peter again? Totally drawing a blank. Is he from A Game of Thrones?

Qorzm on
    edited October 2007
    Petyr Baelish, at this point in time is the late King's Master of Coin.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2007
    Ahh.. the eunuch, right? Now I remember.

Qorzm on
    edited October 2007
    Ah....no. Definitely not an eunuch.

Different and rather far closer to "asshole" than Varys IMO.

Edit: Petyr is a minor noble who has worked his way up by dint of being a clever bastard.

Varys is the king's spymaster. He was also the spymaster for the last king, the one this king violently deposed. Nobody is really sure where the fuck Varys came from.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Didn't I give almost all of you a website where you can look this stuff up, in your role PM's?
    Lord Petyr Baelish, called "Littlefinger," begins the series as Master of Coin (or treasurer) on the King's Small Council. He is also a master of court intrigue, with his brilliance matched only by his ambition. He is handsome and meticulously stylish, but also quite short, giving a double meaning to the mocking nickname Edmure Tully bestowed on him. Though a lord, his original holdings are possibly the smallest in all the Seven Kingdoms, situated on the smallest of the Fingers. His grandfather was Braavosi, and took the Titan of Braavos as his symbol. Few are aware of this; Baelish wears a mockingbird as his crest instead.

MAJOR SPOILERS DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL 4 BOOKS:
    Petyr was fostered as a ward of Riverrun and raised alongside his social betters, the Tully children - Catelyn, Lysa and Edmure. He fell in love with Catelyn, who in turn loved him as a brother, but no more. When the betrothal between Catelyn and Brandon Stark was announced, Petyr challenged Brandon to a duel for her hand. Brandon won handily, but spared Baelish's life in compliance with Catelyn's pleas. Catelyn did not speak to him afterwards and burned the single letter Petyr sent after Brandon's death.

Lysa Tully, on the other hand, was in love with Petyr. She slipped into his bed one night while he was in a miserable, drunken stupor. The delirious Petyr may have mistaken Lysa for Catelyn, and indeed called her "Catelyn" that night. He has since claimed (at court and in private) to have taken the maidenhood of both Tully sisters. Later, Lysa became pregnant with Petyr's child. When Hoster Tully discovered this, he banished Petyr from his house and had Lysa drink moon tea to abort the pregnancy.

Baelish's wizardry with finances raised him to the position of Master of Coin, although Lysa helped him get his first job at court by mentioning his skills to her husband Jon Arryn. His influence furnished him with many allies and contacts, including the City Guard of King's Landing. With these resources as a starting point, Baelish used a series of lies and double-crosses to achieve a meteoric rise to political power.

Baelish masterminded the assassination of Jon Arryn and persuaded Lysa to send a secret letter blaming the Lannisters, which drew the Starks to court. Baelish framed Tyrion Lannister, the queen's brother, for Jon Arryn's murder while simultaneously double-crossing Eddard Stark for Queen Cersei. Petyr also kept the hedge knight Kettleblack brothers on his payroll and planted them as agents on both sides of the power struggle between Cersei and Tyrion. This caused political turmoil, a condition in which Petyr thrives.

For recruiting House Tyrell to the Lannister's side, Petyr received Harrenhal, the largest castle in the realm, and nominal authority over the war-torn Riverlands. This technically made Baelish a high lord. His new status made him a fit suitor for the widowed Lysa Arryn, who still loved him. While he claimed to the Lannisters that he suited her for their cause, Petyr was already conspiring with her against them. He married Lysa and gained influence over the Vale of Arryn, making him a nominal high lord twice over.

During this time, Petyr met Sansa Stark, whom he thought strongly resembled her mother Catelyn. While in the Eyrie, he also worked in concert with Olenna Tyrell to poison King Joffrey (Though he later told the Lannisters of Olenna's plan to marry Sansa to the Tyrell heir) at his wedding to Margaery Tyrell, pinning that murder on Tyrion as well. He used the ensuing chaos to smuggle Sansa from the city and eventually brought her to court in the Eyrie in the guise of his bastard daughter. Catelyn Stark had been killed by this time, and Baelish began to grow enamored by Sansa's beauty. With Catelyn presumed dead, Petyr's affections seem to have transferred over to Sansa. When Lysa's mental instability grew dangerous after witnessing Petyr kiss Sansa, he killed Lysa (this time pinning the blame on Lysa's singer Marillion) and claimed to have only ever loved Catelyn.

With Lysa dead, Petyr named himself Lord Protector of the Vale, with Robert Arryn as his ward. The most powerful lords of the Vale joined together to demand that Petyr relinquish Robert. Lyn Corbray, who was secretly on Petyr's payroll, drew his sword during the parley. This breach of etiquette gave Petyr the leverage to demand a trial period on his wardship over Robert. Petyr confided in Sansa his plans to use this time to eliminate the lords who stood in his path. He also revealed his plans to help Sansa regain the North and marry her to the Arryn heir, Harrold Hardyng.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    Ya know, I'd forgotten/missed the Titan/Mockingbird bit. That makes me like the evil bastard all the more.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2007
    Easily one of my favorite characters in the book. He's just so goddamn good at what he does.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm too busy hating him, but it's definitely not for lack of awesome on his part.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2007
    Man zot, I thought you'd be able to move past that. Anyway it should be me with the grudge not the other way around

M.D. on
    edited October 2007
    I never saw Petyr as evil, he's just really, really focused, and just sees the people around him as tools to an end.

To which end, I have no idea. He seems to have no loyalties to anybody besides himself, and I could see him as the last man standing, just because everybody keeps shrugging him off as inconsequential, when he's basically the driving force behind most of the chaos in Westeros.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    I think I will spend tonight reading the wiki about this stuff so I don't get confused.

M.D. on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay, now that I'm well and truely done with Phallost, I can start paying attention here.

I'm also cranking through the first book in the series now. Hope I don't have to worry about spoilers from this.

cheez on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Err... apparently I have much to worry about in that department.

Good thing I have Monday off.

cheez on
  • NionNion Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote DevoutlyApathetic

Nion on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Oh, and by the way, I am !grudge voting Raakam and if you were EVIL in PhalLOST, you should too.

Wait, wait...he earned a grudge vote from the GM? I'd like to hear more.

Frosteey on
    edited October 2007
    Maybe Raakam was the reason the evils lost? I remember him mentioning someone from the evils messed it up for the rest of them.

M.D. on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here is the reason for grudging Raakam:
    joop wrote:
    neither uncorruptable Bad player (Seta 3000 or Raakam) even attempted to contact the EVIL group, let alone play.

And on that note, hi guys!

I'm about to go outside and read this book because I see spoilers are already all over the place.

But while I'm here... gee whiz. So many grudges, so little time.

First of al, I suppose I'll go ahead and vote for my buddy DA to be regent so !vote DevoutlyApathetic

Beyond that, I'm gonna go with !Bliss 101 for now, for not dying in phalla royale!!! D:

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's kinda hard to play when you die on Day 1 to a random kangaroo beating, and in purgatory, for the first 3 days, my vote didn't count for shit when the psychic players all had 2 votes each and there were more dead good guys than bad. I wasn't allowed to contact living players to make contact with "evils", and by day 4 or whatever, I fucked up my account on the proboards. By the time I realized and Joop contacted me, it was already day 9 or something. Anyhow, I guess grudge voting exists for a reason, I don't mind either way.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blah blah blah grudges, etc.

Seriously, try a relevant kill.

I'm almost tempted to suggest PK just so he doesn't pull the whole "God Emperor" thing with the Regent position.

Jester313 on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    I'm almost tempted to suggest PK just so he doesn't pull the whole "God Emperor" thing with the Regent position.

Like this will ever happen :P

Reminder: It's day 1

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2007
    I think it's actually day three quarters but yea.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Perhaps it's day pi/4?

Rend on
    edited October 2007
    Uh, anybody a Maester?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • LucienLucien Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, time to start making a contribution of some sort.

!Vote DevoutlyApathetic

!Vote PRËTËNTIÖüS for exceeding his daily umlaut-quota every time he posts.

Lucien on
    "This is my Timey-Whimie detector, it goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces"