As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week - Oct. 10th

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damn cool.

Sars_Boy on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I liked the Predator cameo as a member of the Sinestro Corps. Didnt notice anything other little easter eggs, but that one was damn cool.

Oh ya, who controls the Sinestro Corps rings? Anti-Monitor? Warworld? Ranx was destroyed, but theyre still searching for replacements, so it wasnt him.

KVW on
    edited October 2007
    My guess is Anti Monitor.

Sars_Boy on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Regarding X-Factor: The Isolationist should just fucking hitch a ride on one of these the alien craft that always seem to make their way to Earth. "Oh noes, I have all the powers of every mutant on Earth, I need to kill them all to have peace!" No, you dumbfuck, leave Earth. It's not like it's not feasible or anything, especially if you have the skills of Forge and a vast fortune at your disposal. :roll:

On the upside, that dude is still alive, so there's so much that can be done with his character. If he'd stop being a whiny bitch already.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think his CRAZY is stopping him from making sound judgments.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Regarding X-Factor: The Isolationist should just fucking hitch a ride on one of these the alien craft that always seem to make their way to Earth. "Oh noes, I have all the powers of every mutant on Earth, I need to kill them all to have peace!" No, you dumbfuck, leave Earth. It's not like it's not feasible or anything, especially if you have the skills of Forge and a vast fortune at your disposal. :roll:

On the upside, that dude is still alive, so there's so much that can be done with his character. If he'd stop being a whiny bitch already.

Except why would you want to live in space? He'd just be a powerless, impoverished nobody who happens to be of a race that's actually pretty despised out in the cosmos.

It's not like nobody has every killed hundreds of people for the sake of the ideal life before. Hell, just look at any company that's ever endangered the lives of its consumers by putting out products they know to be well outside of safety standards.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The art in green Arrow Black Canary #1 made my week.

Plus, you know,
    the Bat-saw

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited October 2007
    Anti Moment of The Week was GA/BC
    OH HEY GUYS IT WAS ACTUALLY EVERYMAN ISN'T THAT AN AWESOME IDEA THAT HAS NEVER BEEN USED BEFORE?

Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    OH HEY GUYS IT WAS ACTUALLY EVERYMAN ISN'T THAT AN AWESOME IDEA THAT HAS NEVER BEEN USED BEFORE?

well
    at least Ollie's still alive

and Everyman is dead

But yeah, it was a "let's sell that book!" thing

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    That's like the third fucking time in less than a year.
    Also he is a complete idiot for not banging Dinah first

Sars_Boy on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

well

and Everyman is dead

Worked though didn't it? :wink:

Fortunately, issue #1 didn't have any real nausiating Winick style dialogue. Except for the ass comment by Canary.

Fantastic art though.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal was pretty damn good. I'm thinking I may have to go back and get the issues I'm missing (4-11).

4 is one of my favorite single issues of the past couple years

DJ Eebs on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Booster Gold #3
    picture3ta7.png

That and all the panels of Booster and Rip awkwardly eyeing each other

And Daniel in his underwear

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

well

and Everyman is dead

Yeah I was pretty much too relieved to care about how hackneyed the explanation was

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tom Noir and the Guns in Black Summer #3. Hard to pick a specific moment out a comic made of motw...

Tom gets his shit together. Dom gives him a very advanced prosthetic leg, and leaves open a draw with his costume in it.

Tom's brain at work:
    Black_Summer_003_011.jpg
    Tom activates his suit/costume. Very cool visual.
    Black_Summer_003_014.jpg
    And Dom charges an Abrams tank.
    Black_Summer_003_020.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I just wanna say that Booster's sad face gets funnier every time I see it.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Bwahahahahaha! Man, Winick just gets better and better, don't he?
    I look forward to the inevitable Everyman-punching-time scene. You know it's got to be coming some time.

My moment of the week: the first four pages of Punisher #51. Ennis should write this comic forever.

natxcross on
    edited October 2007
    natxcross wrote: »

Can't really knock him for issue one...as it was actually good. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't fuck this one up too.

Fingers tightly crossed...

Bad Karma on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dark Times #5.

Jesus fuck that was horrible.
    He fucking eats her?

Dark Times is just all sortsa fucked up

Bloods End on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Can't really knock him for issue one...as it was actually good. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't fuck this one up too.

Be honest, until you snap your hand down the middle, it's not possible to cross your fingers hard enough to make Winnick not suck.

The Muffin Man on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Be honest, until you snap your hand down the middle, it's not possible to cross your fingers hard enough to make Winnick not suck.
    The fact that Batman didn't throw Dinah in jail for killing someone is a pretty damn big plot hole. Then again, I guess that's what you're asking for when you read a Winick comic.

I guess I should just be glad that he didn't have Batman acting like the pre-IC dickhead (like he did in GA).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    X-Factor
    XFactor_24_DCP_0005.jpg
    XFactor_24_DCP_0020.jpg
    XFactor_24_DCP_0021.jpg
    Yup. Layla just killed a teenage girl by throwing her into an oncoming train...
    Oh, all right. Fine.
    XFactor_24_DCP_0023.jpg
    In Layla's defense, didn't Nicole beat the shit out of her with a rock and chuck her in a lake, or something?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    X-Factor
    XFactor_24_DCP_0005.jpg
    XFactor_24_DCP_0020.jpg
    XFactor_24_DCP_0021.jpg
    Yup. Layla just killed a teenage girl by throwing her into an oncoming train...
    Oh, all right. Fine.
    XFactor_24_DCP_0023.jpg
    In Layla's defense, didn't Nicole beat the shit out of her with a rock and chuck her in a lake, or something?
    Why in her defense? This little scene made her even more awesome in my mind.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nah, the best part of BG 3 was
    Skeets riding a horse

Scooter on
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My personal favorite is from Batman: Confidential #10.
    aabatconf10021id2.jpg
    aabatconf10022em6.jpg

I think that Green's version of Joker's origin is the best one so far. Incredibly competent, sosiopathic hitman who has manic-depression and obsession for Batman. This really works, because it makes Joker dangerous in other ways than just "being crazy", and it also puts his origin line with modern psychology. Joker's insanity isn't result of single traumatic event, it is result of steady degeneration that has happened during the years.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    :|

Really, that is easily the worst Joker Origin I have seen.

Moore's may not fit with modern psychology exactly, but it is infinitely more terrifying, powerful and just, well better.

Not to mention the stupidity of "IT'S A BUNNY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!". Joker isn't some nutjob who laughs at everything. He is a comedian, he knows what's funny and what isn't. Also, making the first thing that Joker ever yells at Batman into "BUNNY!" is horrible.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    #1 Skeets riding a horse.
    #2 Molly Hayes misunderstands 'marital duties'.
    #3 The rest of Booster Gold #3 beyond the two panels of Skeets riding a horse.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited October 2007
    Hey you're still alive.

Bad Karma on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God, I've seen that Joker origin like three times today and every time the terrible art makes me cringe

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    that batman confidential thing is awful and I'm glad I never began picking up the book

Garlic Bread on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Who is the artist?
    Because damn.
    I think he might actually be worse than Michael Turner.

The Muffin Man on
  • natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As far as the Joker's origin goes, I think I prefer it to be multiple choice.

natxcross on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As far as the Joker's origin goes, I think I prefer it to be multiple choice.

Yes.

PantheraOnca on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Which, thankfully, according to Countdown's villain origins it still is:
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Multiple choice is probably the best way of handling it, but personally my favorite is Killing Joke.

If he was an established hitman beforehand, it seems like at some point the past would've been relevant - old contacts look him up, he hunts down people who pissed him off back then, etc.

Scooter on
    edited October 2007
    Who was that at the end of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #24?

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    I don't know, a new character maybe? I'm guessing things'll be made clear in the next part.

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2007
    Young Mary Jane?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    layla miller with redish hair?

PantheraOnca on
    edited October 2007
    they should get rid of the useless shit in OMD

the "biographies of characters you know" and "hey look at how joe quesada makes shitty art"

Garlic Bread on