As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Health Insurance - Missouri

Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED!Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to help a friend get health insuranceSeWell both live in Missouri. I originally went with CoventryOne because they offered plans outside the ACA enrollment period (which, BTW, is a fucking stupid policy).

However, as CO has continuously refused to actually process the policy three weeks after I paid for it I need another provider. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding any that will provide health insurance outside the Catastrophic level.

If you can help, please do!

Magus` on

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Outside of the open enrollment period of November for ACA plans, most large private insurances should allow you pick up personal health insurance any time of the year. The bigger ones in the country are United Healthcare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HealthNet and Cigna. There are a lot of proprietary insurance companies under the umbrellas of these larger ones, as well, which are typically slightly more ideal for a single person or single-dependent home. Unfortunately a lot of these "subcontracted" insurance companies seem to be local, and I cannot make any specific recommendation for you in regards to what to look for in this regard.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    @Magus` There is currently a special open enrollment if you didn't have health insurance last year. You have to state that you discovered the penalty while filing your taxes but it could help you and you'd be able to use the full marketplace.

http://www.healthinsurance.org/missouri-state-health-insurance-exchange/

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Thanks, we actually used that! Now to get a refund from Coventry..