As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 4-Day Price Increase?

AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
So looking at the PAX Dev site, PAX Prime 2015 4-Day badges are now for sale...For a whopping $160 :o

https://www.showclix.com/event/PAXDev2015

I know this won't impact PAX Prime selling out at all, but does it make anyone else think twice about picking up a 4-Day badge?

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
76561197962492129.png

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    I think they did away with 4-day passes, and $160 is the price for a set of single day passes.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    yeah it actually shows as "PAX Prime Ticket Bundle (Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon) " on the receipt whereas in previous years it was "PAX Prime 4 Day Badge" although it may be that they are keeping those extra 4 day passes for the main sale

• Options
    Aardvark VulgarAardvark Vulgar Registered User regular
    Why did they offer a bundle of only Friday-Monday? I feel like that beats the purpose of ridding the 4-day. I don't see why they didn't give Dev buyers the option to pick their days. Some might only want a few extra days and the other days go unused. This probably won't hurt the main sale at all, still was just curious.

70xnyzr.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Why did they offer a bundle of only Friday-Monday? I feel like that beats the purpose of ridding the 4-day. I don't see why they didn't give Dev buyers the option to pick their days. Some might only want a few extra days and the other days go unused. This probably won't hurt the main sale at all, still was just curious.

Good question.

Unfortunately, the way the system works is that two shows can't share from the same pool of inventory. Since the Dev allocated Prime badges will be sold concurrently with the General Release Prime badges, we had to make the separation ahead of time, and trying to figure out the daily split on the Dev allocated Prime badges before knowing was impossible, so we just made them purchase all 4. Also what factored into this decision was that only about a hundred or so sets are purchased this way anyway.

Some guy.
  • Options
    AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    I think they did away with 4-day passes, and $160 is the price for a set of single day passes.
    If the long anticipated death of the 4-Day badge is true, I also have to wonder if BYOC is going to be cut too...Can't imagine many people would be willing to setup their PC in the morning only to have to drag it home ~10 hours later.

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Aractor wrote: »
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    If the long anticipated death of the 4-Day badge is true, I also have to wonder if BYOC is going to be cut too...Can't imagine many people would be willing to setup their PC in the morning only to have to drag it home ~10 hours later.
    At worst, I bet it'll be like the Omegathon. Only people who get badges for the whole time can participate.

This discussion has been closed.