As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, April 10, 2015 - The Last Game

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, April 10, 2015 - The Last Game

The Last Game

The Last Game

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/04/10

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• streeverstreever Registered User regular
    "Hello, bank? I need a ridiculous amount of money for a company I'd like to start to develop a game. Also, how do I legally protect a specific game idea?"

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Today's Penny Arcade, guest-starring Gabe's hair!

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Do they all scream about their triggers too?

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    This is one of my favourite panel lay-outs AND my favourite punch lines in a very very long time.

100% masterpiece level work right here :p

• OtieOtie Registered User regular
    Gabe's profile looks to be drawn with laser precision. Good going, Mike!

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    So, is Lego Dimensions like Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, etc, but with other characters, or is it more like Skylanders, with toys and stuff? I've had a hard time telling from the announcements...

• Leon2309Leon2309 Registered User regular
    So, is Lego Dimensions like Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, etc, but with other characters, or is it more like Skylanders, with toys and stuff? I've had a hard time telling from the announcements...

From what I could tell from the research I did last night, it is going to be more like Skylanders and Disney Infinity. Here is an article I read that covered that, and also said that apparently they do not intend to require new games to play with future toy releases: http://www.wired.com/2015/04/lego-dimensions/

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The last line is in the first panel.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular

Yeah, it's pretty much Skylanders/Disney Infinity, only you have to actually build the figures/vehicles out of LEGO before you can use them in the game. It looks pretty crazy though, with characters from Lord of the Rings, DC Comics, Back to the Future, The LEGO Movie, LEGO's Ninjago series and oddly enough, The Wizard of Oz all slated to appear.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Dimensions

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You know. Gabes face kind of reminds of the art style on Gorillaz "Demon Days" album

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    You know. Gabes face kind of reminds of the art style on Gorillaz "Demon Days" album

I had the exact same impression. Also, I don't think Gabe's teeth have ever looked sharp before.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Aw :/

• Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty much Skylanders/Disney Infinity, only you have to actually build the figures/vehicles out of LEGO before you can use them in the game.

My god... I don't know whether to weep for, or anticipate w/ bated breath the day my kid is old enough to discover these things.

I mean, Legos were pretty much the best toys ever growing up, and like Tycho, not spending all my adult resources buying up the collector sets they're releasing these days takes real effort (an effort that has failed on several occasions).

Interactive Legos that make things happen in a game are nearly a mind-blowing proposition. Of course, to a child raised in a world of such devices, maybe they'll be completely unremarkable...

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Luckily for those of us who love Lego but don't want to be sucked into a Skylanders money sink, the RFID base is just like, a piece of Lego. The figures and mini builds are entirely normal Lego bricks that can be bought n' played with on it's own, no need to play the game. ;P

Flip side is, there's nothing special about them, and the scan-into-game thing applies only to the base included with each figure.

Oh brilliant
  • TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    i am playing pillars

• TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    i hired my entire party