As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Project X Zone 2] Now with more Xenoblade & Fire Emblem

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited September 2015 in Games and Technology
CCbHn4pVEAEQPcX.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6KGwZ0sKiA

Well, and these guys, I guess.

Characters so far:
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil/Capcom)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil/Capcom)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil/Capcom)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza/Sega)
Goro Majima (Yakuza/Sega)
Yuri Lowell (Tales/Bandai Namco)
Flynn Scifo (Tales/Bandai Namco)
Dante (Devil May Cry/Capcom)
Vergil (Devil May Cry/Capcom)
Ichiro Oogami (Sakura Wars/Sega)
Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars/Sega)
Jin Kazama (Tekken/Bandai Namco)
Kazuya Mishima (Tekken/Bandai Namco)
X (Mega Man X/Capcom)
Zero (Mega Man X/Capcom)
Akira Yuki (Vitrtua Fighter/Sega)
Kage-Maru (Vitrtua Fighter/Sega)
Kite (.hack/Bandai Namco)
Haseo (.hack/Bandai Namco)
Strider Hiryu (Strider/Capcom)
Joe Musashi (Shinobi/Sega)
Natsu (SoulCalibur/Bandai Namco)
Reiji Arisu (Namco x Capcom/Bandai Namco)
Xiaomu (Namco x Capcom/Bandai Namco)

Screens:
tqioQ2Z.jpg
b3KKBtM.jpg
NYP2Vb1.jpg
GLIiOMG.jpg
XiiFYnH.jpg
riKYSd3.jpg
GXrsiU2.jpg
FVDzSaQ.jpg
DWMog9M.jpg
49TVQaP.jpg
mEQrbXD.jpg
zwaugJW.jpg
Autumn 2015, worldwide!

3DS only, just like the original, it seems like.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was just searching to see if there was a thread for the first game to post that exact picture in.

So excited!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Were Kiryu and Majima in the original X Zone? I never grabbed it because the demo didn't really grab me, but I can be persuaded for Yakuza.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    No, they're new. And it's interesting that they're specifically from Deal Souls.

Also interesting that there's already an English version of the trailer. Apparently the first game sold really well over here, so I guess they're rolling with it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nice. Guess the original did well enough to warrant a worldwide release.

Still have to finish the first game though...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I got all of the characters and supports and everything, so that's basically enough of the game for me. I think I stopped about two or three stages from the end.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    No, they're new. And it's interesting that they're specifically from Deal Souls.

Hrm. Well, I guess it makes sense, given Dead Souls was the 'Fantasy' entry and thus fits better in a fantasy cross-over game. As do their monsters, being actual monsters and not just like, Tigers and Yakuza thugs.

Color me interested.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I still have to finish the first. Got a little ways in (I think the part where I get Dmitri+Dante for good?) but the gameplay was about as repetitive as SRW J and maybe a bit shallower.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I bought the first one. I plan to buy this one too. Note that I didn't beat the first one yet because as fanservicey awesome the game is.... holy fuck at the number of enemies per battle.

That said, this sequel has corrected the single most glaring problem that the first entry had: Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima not being in the first one.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I owned and beat the original, but will wait on reviews before buying the second. I simply can't devote all the time into another repetitive grind-fest, no matter the content. Hopefully they will have heard the critics and changed things up for the better.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Got the first game and enjoyed it well enough, but it absolutely had problems. It's the same genre as Super Robot Wars games, but somehow felt about 10x more of a grind. Maybe because the interactive combat meant that you can't just skip combat animations to move things along? Either way, would be interested in this game if they fix that problem somehow.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    skeldare wrote: »
    Nice. Guess the original did well enough to warrant a worldwide release.

Still have to finish the first game though...

That's cause we thought we were getting Super Robot Wars, not 'Press X at the right time to do damage juggle the game'
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I got all of the characters and supports and everything, so that's basically enough of the game for me. I think I stopped about two or three stages from the end.

You don't need to. That last stage was such bullshit snoresville. I still wonder why I logged in 57 hours into that dumb game. It even taunts you with a New Game+ at the end. No thank you!

I just wanted a SRPG the likes that have graced Super Robot Wars. Attacking enemies, using abilities, not sharing the same fucking EX meter. I really am holding out hope that they improve on the gameplay, but if I see more juggling...well fuck, don't be surprised why this one didn't sell as well.

Just saw the screens, same layout with the D pads juggling enemies going all left right up fuck it....

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Just saw the screens, same layout with the D pads juggling enemies going all left right up fuck it....

...Why would you think the fifth game in the series would make such drastic changes to its battle system?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

...Why would you think the fifth game in the series would make such drastic changes to its battle system?

I was going to say the exact same thing in response to Dover's hopes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    > Kage-Maru from Virtua Fighter
    > Joe Musashi from Shinobi
    > Natsu from Soul Calibur
    > Strider from Strider

Well, that's more than enough ninjas to warrant a purchase from me.

I enjoyed the juggle system from the first game, but very much hope for other improvements to the gameplay. Some level of team customization would be nice (beyond two equipment slots). Maybe different character classes? I'd also appreciate some kind of headquarters where I could buy upgrades and such. That would also give characters a place to just hang out, so that not every mission was "ALL YOUR GUYS vs. a bunch of nobodies."

In summary, fan-wank juggle fests are great in small bursts and I am willing to spend money for that alone. However, please step up your game, Namco Bandai.

• Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    That's not Joe, that's Hotsuma from the PS2 game.

It would be sweet if Joe and Hibana were in the game as support characters for Hotsuma. (although you could swap out Moritsune for Joe).

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm just hoping that since it did so well in the west they'll take into account literally everyone's complaints about how much the first game dragged on.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Curses! I saw that it was Hotsuna, briefly weighed the relative merits of Joe Musashi vs Hotsuna, considered whether the final boss of Shinobi (PS2) or Shinobi (PS2) was harder, and then typed the wrong thing.

Please don't revoke my Sega nerd card!

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuu4B4EQ1w&ab_channel=BANDAINAMCOEntertainmentEurope

New trailer with some new combo/mechanics stuff towards the end.

Also I noticed they snuck in Jill's goofy aura dash attack from MvC2, and Phoenix/Maya have attacks straight from MvC3. And Zero has his lightning loops infinite in his super, ha.

I'm honestly not sure if Vergil's moves were inspired my MvC3 or just always look/combo like that.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the new system right, but it looks like they're adding in the super bar filling/boosting 'chain spots' from Endless Frontier, where if you start the next attack at a certain spot you get a bonus to your super attack bar.

And there's a new original character...although maybe she's from Namco X Capcom? The tank thing she's driving looks straight out of Endless Frontier, though.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Looks like Project X Zone 2 has been delayed until 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Fnu8uKPvA

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Spoilered for look at this bear huge.
    91HewqIoh%2BL.jpg

Why aren't the best duo on the cover? Blasphemy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hello, dothack. Goodbye, dothack.

• Options
    That had better mean the earliest early ever. Ugh, delays...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/08/project-x-zone-2-just-got-more-badass-with-a-playable-segata-sanshiro/

WHAT!? Yes! Most overpowered unit ever, though. Captain Commando's also in there apparently!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    And here I thought nothing could be cooler than Reiji & Xiaomu.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SEGATA SANSHIRO
    JXfv0S0.jpg

SEGATA SANSHIRO
    9AqyfcG.jpga0BzWnV.jpg

AND SOME OTHER PEOPLE WHO DON'T MATTER-SHIRO
    gwoNFar.jpgOrovCOg.jpg
    80ckOba.jpgb72Haa0.jpg

2iFIMMi.jpg
    z8cSLDc.jpg98OHuA0.jpg
    Ykj8qFz.jpgCJu8Ad1.jpg

Who am I kidding. THIS is awesome:
    xscXYgZ.jpguEKicDg.jpg

Rhythm Rogues are back in the hizhouse!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Captain Commando matters. He matters a lot.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Kiryu matters the most, but we already knew he was in for a long time.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Is that extra top down game at the end some sort of bonus with the special edition?

Have they shown any of the Endless Frontier gang yet?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Nope.

And I want that top down game, badly.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fire Emblem and Xenoblade have joined up.

Holy crap, that Lucina/Chrom cross-up. Perfect cover homage.

3ReTKuL.jpg

lwZhXOB.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It will be nice to play a good tactics game with Lucina in it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Does he throw people and they explode?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Does he throw people and they explode?

Yes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like how he just walks off the screen casually when after the throw

• Options
    I'm more happy we have the best two robot girls in gaming as party members.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Fire Emblem and Xenoblade have joined up.

Holy crap, that Lucina/Chrom cross-up. Perfect cover homage.

3ReTKuL.jpg

lwZhXOB.jpg

Only bad thing about this is we're not going to hear Laura Bailey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QY80IYmTRc

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    The more I look at this game, the more I want it.
    But it's still gonna be the same repetitive juggling nonsense.... ughhhhhhrrrrrrrr.... I want it though...

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png