As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I should really start work on a new gun/frame. I wish I didn't fall so in love with Nyx and Nova, gotta get the primes of them I guess so I can keep using the best abilities

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So pilfering swarm is godlike.

I was pretty low on polymer bundles, so me and some friends went farming. 20 wave defense yielded 7k of them. And a few gallium to top it off.

My hydroid tentacles only last about 3 seconds, but they pack a push with 230% power str.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The problem with locking frame rate (or playing at 720p) is that it only hides the problem, rather than fixing it. Sure, it'll get rid of the issue, but it'll be unnecessarily holding the game back because they didn't actually address what was wrong. Unless the problem is literally unfixable, whether because the game would completely fall apart if that happened, or they somehow do not have the means to do it, or whatever else, that's just not acceptable.

If DE were to start forcing the game to run at 30 FPS just to fix issues like Mesa's Peacemaker DPS being tied to FPS, it'd be incredibly stupid. Perhaps even lazy. I'm pretty sure they fixed the issue of burst weapons DPS being tied to frame rate, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Peacemaker.

Well, I didn't say it would be smart. I just said it would be the simplest solution as there is no easy fix for this, imo. :P

None of burst weapons have a complex animation attached to them that I'm aware of so divorcing the two wouldn't be as big of a deal. The logic behind them also is simpler. Burst weapons go, "is it in this cone?", or spawn some projectiles. The other is scan the entire line of sight, then randomly pick a target, then deal damage all while keeping up with the animation. So "fix it to work like the guns" when they're doing fundamentally different things is kind of oversimplifying the problem, imo.

The pacing of the animation at 30FPs and 60FPS to achieve the look of "gunkata rapid motion" are different. I suppose they could make it so Peacemaker only ever does N ticks per second similar to Crush and have the animations go at whatever speeds to maintain that look, but then people would be bothered by that dissonance. This would also massively nerf the ability for everyone in addition to looking terrible.

Lastly, an example of a specific problem where I would reply to a person "just play at 720p" would be if they had problems running the game at 1080p and they refused to buy new hardware or w/e to actually fix the problem; because the problem lies within the system itself. Sometimes a problem cannot be fixed without putting a limit or cap into place, even if users don't like it.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »

I was pretty low on polymer bundles, so me and some friends went farming. 20 wave defense yielded 7k of them. And a few gallium to top it off.

My hydroid tentacles only last about 3 seconds, but they pack a push with 230% power str.

Nekros is still the best for farming materials. Despoiled desecrate is the best. Combine with a greedy pull Mag and someone to do the killing and you never need to move.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    That said, I just got pilfering swarm for my Hydroid (hell, I just got Hydroid period) and it's rad as fuck.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Nekros is still the best for farming materials. Despoiled desecrate is the best. Combine with a greedy pull Mag and someone to do the killing and you never need to move.

it's just sad when a frame which is supposed to be the bonelord of spooky skellingtons is instead known as the loot guy

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I kinda re-themed my nekros as kinda a decomposition/fertilization thing
    y'know, death, breaking down, nutrients ending up in the soil and providing for the living
    not brilliant but I like it better than edgy mcbonelord, and it fits better with how the frame is actually used

cB557 on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

it's just sad when a frame which is supposed to be the bonelord of spooky skellingtons is instead known as the loot guy

TBF, the Skellington crew lost a fair bit of credibility after the antics of one Jack Skellington.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So my pal Zakesh and I are running some spy vaults on Ceres when

I, um....

wtKi0cu.jpg

hmmm.

nKvQ1P2.jpg

Long live the rock, I guess?

Thankfully Loki is OP so I was able to teleport in through a gap in between the doorframe and the giant-ass rock and get to the console, but wow.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    After trying out the AkSomati.

...Seriously. That this weapon has 20% instead of 25% crit chance is pretty much the difference between being a staple sidearm and a novelty weapon. It's 20%, so it's pretty much a novelty weapon. Not a bad one, but it doesn't quite match other high-tier sidearms in this game.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

That said if you stop picking up loot with carrier, MOVE. Missed wave rewards a couple times last weekend due to some new fangled anti-afk code.

Soul Survivor really needed to be a trait for soul punch. He was a necromancer that couldn't raise allies from the dead before it and it gives him some purpose beyond loot bot. Though, it would be really rocking if his raise dead summoned shadows of dead party members...

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I kinda re-themed my nekros as kinda a decomposition/fertilization thing
    y'know, death, breaking down, nutrients ending up in the soil and providing for the living
    not brilliant but I like it better than edgy mcbonelord, and it fits better with how the frame is actually used

Yes! This. He causes necrosis, not death ;)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular

Except I think you're getting 4x the loot with a max str pilfering swarm. But there isn't any rule against having a nekros and hydroid on a farming team. All the phat lootz.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's nice that DE has expanded the bonus loot drop to more than one warframe. Hopefully they do it more in the future so people aren't limited to certain comps for max loots.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Except I think you're getting 4x the loot with a max str pilfering swarm. But there isn't any rule against having a nekros and hydroid on a farming team. All the phat lootz.

Are augments effected by your power mods? If they are, I may have to see about getting some power strength on my jetstream zephyr. Gotta go fast!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure most augments are affected by mods unless stated to have a cap on their duration or something like that.

Orphane on
  • Options

About what level do the tentacles stop reliably killing stuff with that config? I haven't noticed it getting many kills normally.

• Options
    DreadBert wrote: »

About what level do the tentacles stop reliably killing stuff with that config? I haven't noticed it getting many kills normally.

Yeah, that's the only real downside to pilfering swarm is that the tentacles aren't all that powerful. Great CC though, so it's not like you shouldn't use them. If they happen to get kills and extra loot that's just gravy

And yes, a Nekros desecrating after a pilfering swarm Hydroid would be excellent

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Nekros desecration after cutting the enemy into a billion tiny pieces with braton prime is excellent.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I leveled Dread just for Nekros loot.

Also the hilarity of a bow somehow cutting a guy into 4 pieces.

Picked up a Vaykor Marelok. It is love and life.

Really I just need to find a good melee weapon and I have my default load out finally.

Been trying glaive. Actually really useful. Throw at enemies, shoot at survivors as it bounces around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wait, you can get 4 lootable pieces from one dude?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Nekros' Desecrate works on every individual body part that you can slice an enemy into. Therefore, when you're running with a Nekros in survival it's best to use bladed weapons and guns which dismember (Braton P, AkJagara, Dread, etc) to maximize the amount of loot rolls you get from Desecrate.

Orphane on
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Reactor/catalyst invasion on Puck, Uranus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nekros' Desecrate works on every individual body part that you can slice an enemy into. Therefore, when you're running with a Nekros in survival it's best to use bladed weapons and guns which dismember (Braton P, AkJagara, Dread, etc) to maximize the amount of loot rolls you get from Desecrate.

Oh I get that, folks were talking like you could get more then 2 chunks to loot.

• Options
    Reactor/catalyst invasion on Puck, Uranus.

hehheh

• Options
    edited April 2015

Oh I get that, folks were talking like you could get more then 2 chunks to loot.
    @DreadBert
    Ahem.

Behold. Braton prime. The gibbiest gun in all of warcrime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5S7ghh_NzA

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    You can, if you use a weapon that's good at chopping mooks up, like Kohm or Braton P. In my experience you can at the very least get 3 chunks consistently.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I just kill them, and mow over the corpse field with a tonbo. I usually get at least three and usually more pieces from each kill

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    edited April 2015

@DreadBert
    Ahem.

.snip.

Any all those chunks are lootable? Time to creatively go hunt some greeneer in the Name of Science, Murder Hobo Power Activate!

DreadBert on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

@DreadBert
    Ahem.

.snip.

Any all those chunks are lootable? Time to creatively go hunt some greeneer in the Name of Science, Murder Hobo Power Activate!
    Indeed they are.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Good old hoboframe. Not only do you murder people for profit, you plan out how to cut them into as many tiny pieces as possible to increase profits. Hobo venture capitalism.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good old hoboframe. Not only do you murder people for profit, you plan out how to cut them into as many tiny pieces as possible to increase profits. Hobo venture capitalism.

Terrorist hobos at that.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    So a miraculous thing happened today

@alternatingAberration , @Caulk Bite 6 , a friend and I did a t4 interception and walked away with something of value

Not just one, but count 'em, two, Soma Prime Barrels each.

• Options

@alternatingAberration , @Caulk Bite 6 , a friend and I did a t4 interception and walked away with something of value

So what was the thing of value?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

alternatingAberration , "Caulk Bite 6" , a friend and I did a t4 interception and walked away with something of value

So what was the thing of value?

ten R5 cores

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5S7ghh_NzA

cB557 wrote: »

Ahem.

.snip.

Indeed they are.

It seems really screwy that a high status, non-elemental build miter will just arm enemies. Barton P consistently gave me 2-3 lootable pieces with nothing but shred, serration, and multishot, which still baffles me. Max loot for me was three health orbs on several occasions. Only a hundred or so grineer in the sample pool though.

• Options
    Part of the reason the braton prime dismembers so well is all of its extra dice rolls. You kill the enemy, then the first overkill bullet hits the corpse and cuts it in half, then get second overkill bullet hits a bit and cuts that in half too.

Miter and dread Imo are more likely to dismember an enemy with any one shot, but the don't have the rof to completely shred things like dual zorens or the Braton prime.

braton p will gib better if you set it up with an elemental status effect build where slash damage is the most prominent damage type.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Huh, if it works like that dragoon might be really solid for fibbing goodness

• Options
    Huh, if it works like that dragoon might be really solid for fibbing goodness

If I remember when I used it a lot way back when, yeah it was.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Part of the reason the braton prime dismembers so well is all of its extra dice rolls. You kill the enemy, then the first overkill bullet hits the corpse and cuts it in half, then get second overkill bullet hits a bit and cuts that in half too.

Miter and dread Imo are more likely to dismember an enemy with any one shot, but the don't have the rof to completely shred things like dual zorens or the Braton prime.

braton p will gib better if you set it up with an elemental status effect build where slash damage is the most prominent damage type.

It's too bad it's pretty difficult to do that without that one Operation-exclusive slashing damage mod. That sounds really rad.

I still like my non-super-slashy Braton Prime, though.

Diplominator on
This discussion has been closed.