As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

19495969798100»

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Oh man, the fact that the music gets faster every lap on Baby Park makes it hilarious to watch.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Troll level: Immeasurable

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Should we do another special tournament this Sunday? Maybe babies only in celebration of Baby Park coming back?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Troll level: Immeasurable

That is quite the high risk maneuver.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    Get your replays! Imported from the finest of interwebs.

Steve was a newcomer this week at least for a few rounds. Hopefully we haven't scared him off.

https://youtu.be/fubWUYV2kHg

Dirk2112 returned after a few weeks off. Unluckily for him no Yoshi tracks popped up in the rotation this week.

https://youtu.be/-9d81qId7Pc

I thought I was off to a good start with a first place win on the first track of the night. Too bad it was also my only win of the night.

https://youtu.be/2Hs6mzN3CuY

Rehab was shell happy up in the clouds. Also bananas everywhere.

https://youtu.be/di21xKn-T3A

Corey chomped his way to victory.

https://youtu.be/_PP6K3o2LRU

Courtney proved shy guy's worth this week. Even if sometimes it was by a hair.

https://youtu.be/te7KhJBqXyo

That's all for this week. Next week's round is going to be Cat Peach in the Cat Cruiser. I'll send some reminders again next week.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    I'm Steve, and just happened to check in on this thread because of the DLC and saw you guys were playing a few rounds. Are people in for Sunday? if so, I'll try to hang out for more than a few races. Y'all are good. Or at least excellent users of the bullet bill :p

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Should we do another special tournament this Sunday? Maybe babies only in celebration of Baby Park coming back?

I feel like we did babies only fairly recently? My memory is butts though, I could be wrong.

If anyone has suggestions for whacky rules for this Sunday, post em!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I feel like we did babies only fairly recently? My memory is butts though, I could be wrong.

If anyone has suggestions for whacky rules for this Sunday, post em!

Bowser and Koopalings only

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    Old School - We all pick from classic 8 (we'll let DK be DK Jr) and only use pipeframe kart and standard wheels.

• Options
    Yoshis and / or Shy Guys only could also work, since there are so many different color variants.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    PA G&T SundayDrivers Tournament -- Week 46

START YOUR ENGINES! Week 46 races begin SUNDAY April 18th from 6 PM to 730 PM Central (7 PM to 830 PM Eastern, 4 PM to 530 PM Pacific, 11 PM to 1230 AM GMT). Come get your race on against fellow Penny-Arcaders!

Based on this week's poll results, The settings poll has been retired. I may open it back up if there is demand for it. Going forward, here are the race settings:

WARNING: If you do not have DLC Pack 1 installed, NO KART FOR YOU.

zlCfzTQNjuAaXM0kUA

SNES CLASSIC WEEKEND

This Sunday is SNES classic characters + Pipe Frame karts ONLY.

2rt8q9g8t0bk.jpg

Eligible racers for this weekend are:

Mario
    Luigi
    Toad
    Princess Peach
    Yoshi
    Koopa Troopa
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Bowser

Metal, Pink Gold, Cat, and Tanooki variations are allowed but discouraged.

Pipe Frame karts only! You may equip whichever wheels and glider you like.

To join the tournament, simply use Search by Code on the Mario Kart 8 tournament menu, and enter the code 6987-9166-8350. You will only need to do this once -- the tournament will be saved in your favorites after you first join it. Once you have joined, you will also have access to this tournament's own Miiverse community.

Points are accumulated based on race performances during tournament hours. Everyone is capped at a maximum of 16 races each Sunday, so you won't be able to cheese your way to the top of the standings by simply doing more races than everyone else. After each tournament, I will post the standings here. This tournament will stay open until everyone gets sick of it and stops playing.

Check out the current LTD tournament standings, plus a weekly points breakdown here.

If you join the tournament outside of the designated race hours, you will be able to race against anyone else who is in the tournament lobby at the time, but your points will not count towards the official tournament standings.

There is no friend list requirement for the tournament. You can race against anybody who joins the tournament, whether they are on your friends list or not!

The tournament lasts for 1.5 hours, and everyone is capped at 16 races. Opponent shuffling is off. CPU opponents have been activated, they will help fill out the races when the room isn't full, and allow you the same point potential in every race.

As always this tournament is open to future changes -- There is a weekly poll for everyone to vote on basic race settings. If you would like to see changes that are not available via the poll, please post your suggestions in this thread.

Upcoming Tournaments
    • 04/12 Week 45: Mirror Normal Items PRINCESSES ONLY
    • 04/19 Week 46: 150cc Normal Items SNES RACERS + PIPE FRAME KART ONLY
    • 04/26 Week 47: 150cc Normal Items DLC ONLY
    • 05/03 Week 48: 200cc Normal Items
    See you on the track!!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Since I'm usually using Bowser I could just race as him again, but I think I'm gonna try someone else for a change. Probably Luigi, since that's who I used the most in the original Mario Kart.

• Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    I always played Koopa as a kid. That's my guy.

I played the original for the first time since the SNES days on Smash 4's masterpieces section. I crashed a lot.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I always played Koopa as a kid. That's my guy.

I played the original for the first time since the SNES days on Smash 4's masterpieces section. I crashed a lot.

No kidding. I used to lap everyone with Bowser and I was struggling to even get to 150 CC. Still its coming back little by little

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    My favourite part about this is that I already main Luigi in the Pipe Frame.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    I just realized we hit 100 pages! Perhaps @Bobkins Flymo would be so kind as to bless us with a new thread?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.