As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Following [Trailers] Thread Has Been Approved To Accompany This Forum

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
This is a thread about movie trailers. How to do them right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

And how to do them...less than right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNLlIsFfHY

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    So how about those ancient battles around distant stellar bodies? They look like they will be exciting battles and also feature beloved characters like Dave Solitary and Meshugganah!

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    HOLY SHIT STAR WARS WHERE THE F@#% HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS?
    AND WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THAT HORRIBLE IMPOSTER?

EDIT -

Also: Batman v. Superman trailer. The movie track record for at least half of this franchise has been terrible enough that you cannot build hype off of a couple of symbols anymore.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    HOLY SHIT STAR WARS WHERE THE F@#% HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS?
    AND WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THAT HORRIBLE IMPOSTER?

I ain't even going to lie..

That Star Wars Trailer #2...I came.
    The opening showing a downed, abandoned X-Wing AND Millennium Falcon? Totally J.J. Abrams.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Holy fuuuuuck that Star Wars trailer.
    Badass looking stormtrooper, badass looking Revan wannabe, and HARRISON FORD MOTHERFUCKERS

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I , for one, deserved have the Penny Arcade fellow fourmers suspend my Nerd Privs for the following grave ERROR in my post above.
    I said "X-Wing and Millennium Falcon. That's X-Wing and "STAR DESTROYER"

*Hangs head in shame*

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    I , for one, deserved have the Penny Arcade fellow fourmers suspend my Nerd Privs for the following grave ERROR in my post above.
    I said "X-Wing and Millennium Falcon. That's X-Wing and "STAR DESTROYER"

*Hangs head in shame*

BURN THE NONE BELIEVER THE HARVEST MUST BE FULL!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think what excites me most about the new star wars trailers is the sense of the movie they are giving you. It looks very grown up, not directly trying to appeal to kids, just kids at heart. Very serious, but still for a brief moment with the xwings flying along the river, not serious.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So the Star Wars movie had been kind of 'off radar' for me. I knew it was happening, but I'd shuffled it to the back of my mind and said "Yeah, that's a long time from now." Even that first teaser a few months back just kinda gave me a nice impression, but nothing huge.

That trailer today completely shifted me. It made me think about the fact that a new Star Wars movie is coming out, and holy shit it's really happening. It made me think what a big fucking deal this will be if they fucking nail it. That trailer put that possibility in my head and that's exactly what a trailer should do. Now I'm thinking "When is that coming out? Can I see more? Pretty please?"

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think what excites me most about the new star wars trailers is the sense of the movie they are giving you. It looks very grown up, not directly trying to appeal to kids, just kids at heart. Very serious, but still for a brief moment with the xwings flying along the river, not serious.

Abrams is a master of visual style and atmosphere, his movies not only look really good but more importantly evoke a specific mood. Both of the Star Trek movies feel like Star Trek, unfortunately the second one was garbage outside of the superficial pleasures. If these trailers are anything to go by, he's nailed the look the OT had while making everything a bit more epic, let's just hope the script isn't a mess.

Bubby on
  • Options
    I think star wars lets you skimp on story as long as you have style. Like Star Trek have always been more movies about characters and stories, less about the visuals.

Star Wars is kind of the opposite, story is always basic, works basic, and the style, the sounds and the sights are what we are there for.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A little too on the nose.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh this is the real thread.

The idea WB has for the BvS trailer is dumb. Still. In this thread too.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I will let Captain Nemo have his "thread"

and later, I will have my "revenge"

This discussion has been closed.