As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I wish that one day I too would have the confidence to sit in a murder bush and make a sandwich while waiting for prey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9n6VqaiXI&feature=em-uploademail
    Tank your ranking to be as low as his and you'd have a chance.

butts
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I wish that one day I too would have the confidence to sit in a murder bush and make a sandwich while waiting for prey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9n6VqaiXI&feature=em-uploademail

SivHD is both a joy and a cancer to soloque

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    doesn't he only play normals?

soloqueue is fine, he's in the right mode for what he wants to do

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Dodge. Dodge games where champ select is bad. You lose 5 min and no mmr.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Yeah, if someone says they're going to troll or feed in champ select I'll just dodge and go play Destiny or something.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    "Be the mop that cleans the world" is a pretty fantastic line

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    14np6ip.png

yeah

those few days of not playing. ruined me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    oh fun graphs

WluM1PC.jpg

I'm the 91,000th best lol player

Jars on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    see but your graph looks like an erection.

mine looks like you googled pensi fracture

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    or an old man hobbled over after a mild stroke trying to urge himself onward but knowing the distance is just too far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    How long does it normally take to hit 30, assuming you play between 1-3 games per day? The last ten or so levels really feel like they draaaaaaag on.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Not as long as it used to. Don't worry about it too much, pretty soon it will be a distant memory

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    How long does it normally take to hit 30, assuming you play between 1-3 games per day? The last ten or so levels really feel like they draaaaaaag on.
    They do. Try not to dwell on it too much and focus on the games rather than the exp bar.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Business Insider article on Team Liquid. Nothing really earth shattering for those of us who follow the scene closely, but nice to see some mainstream attention:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/life-of-professional-gamers-league-of-legends-2015-4?op=1

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    doesn't he only play normals?

soloqueue is fine, he's in the right mode for what he wants to do

No I mean, not him personally, it'd be great to play with or against him

I mean people emulating his often ridiculous strategies at low elo

override367 on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm taking a break after getting poooooped on in my Silver promos because my teams love sticking their faces in bushes, coupled by having my ranked team get placed in Bronze 3 after going 3/2 in placements against silver and gold teams. I'm not terribly pleased with my ranked experiences this season.

edit: And it's effecting my ability to be a useful team member.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I'm taking a break after getting poooooped on in my Silver promos because my teams love sticking their faces in bushes, coupled by having my ranked team get placed in Bronze 3 after going 3/2 in placements against silver and gold teams. I'm not terribly pleased with my ranked experiences this season.

Ranked teams ladder seems to operate on a different scale than soloqueue ladder. Last season the PA team I was on played against plat and diamond players (and maybe gold teams?) to get placed into Bronze 1. And the Tuesday night LoL ranked team some of my mid-silver friends were on placed into Bronze 5. Basically, don't expect the 5s label to match up with the solo label.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Ranked teams ladder seems to operate on a different scale than soloqueue ladder. Last season the PA team I was on played against plat and diamond players (and maybe gold teams?) to get placed into Bronze 1. And the Tuesday night LoL ranked team some of my mid-silver friends were on placed into Bronze 5. Basically, don't expect the 5s label to match up with the solo label.

In general Ranked 5s is about a full tier harder than solo queue, IME. If you're a full team of Gold 1s in solo queue, you'd probably have trouble getting past Silver 1 in teams.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Man that was frustrating. We had a winning record against really good players and got shit for it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Oh I know. But we were up against solo-ranked plats in team-ranked silver teams for all but one of our promo games and we got put into B3 because reasons. I'm just too salty to think or play straight, so it's time for a break

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    trundle jungle seems really strong in the tank meta

super healthy early clear so you can gank at 3 with pillar

buy cinderhulk then bork then full tank and fat around and never die and ult their tank and nom their adc while punching everyone in the face

also he has the best dance in this game

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Ranked 5s has so few teams that you're nearly guaranteed to be playing much higher players. I've seen a lot of people say they have gold ranked 5s teams, but all their members are platinum and diamond.

• Options

Man that was frustrating. We had a winning record against really good players and got shit for it.

On the other hand it was also pretty rewarding cause I finally got the chance to prove that I totally can play against plat players provided I have reasonable people on my team.

(...hey, it really is my shitty teams holding me back in soloqueue! hahahahaha, yeah honestly if I wholeheartedly tryhard-supported my soloqueue teams the way I supported the ranked 5s team, I probably would be able to climb. But what's the point of soloqueue if I'm not kinda salty about being stuck as support?)

• Options
    trundle-chan uguu

qHuhXNw.png

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

On the other hand it was also pretty rewarding cause I finally got the chance to prove that I totally can play against plat players provided I have reasonable people on my team.

(...hey, it really is my shitty teams holding me back in soloqueue! hahahahaha, yeah honestly if I wholeheartedly tryhard-supported my soloqueue teams the way I supported the ranked 5s team, I probably would be able to climb. But what's the point of soloqueue if I'm not kinda salty about being stuck as support?)

Yeah knowing I can still hold my own in mid was nice.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    if you are winning against gold and plat players in 5s then logically it would be very easy to move up in rank

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Jars wrote: »
    if you are winning against gold and plat players in 5s then logically it would be very easy to move up in rank

I am pretty good at getting carried (I'm consistent and conservative unless I make an effort otherwise). And possibly I play support in a way that a good adc can take advantage of but a medium adc can't? Who knows.

edit: right, also I was just thinking--often I think I have bad map sense and strategic timing (when to take dragon, etc). Having someone on voice saying "mid's going bot to gank" and "let's do baron now, but come off it immediately if they attack" or "don't splitpush, come here" HUGELY improves my gameplay.

But also I was having problems playing ranked a few months ago due to life stresses. Now that those have subsided, I think I'll climb--once I have time to play Ranked! I'm living apart from my beloved desktop computer and have played all of one ranked game in the last month. Going to visit my computer and play some more this weekend hopefully, although I'm out of practice.

credeiki on
  • Options
    Bronze is not a League of Logic.

Also, my mid farming could use some work.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bronze is not a League of Logic.

Also, my mid farming could use some work.

I suggest Ziggs or Syndra for the easy introduction to ability-spam farming.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I'm aware of it. Neither of the characters mesh well with me.

I mean, Ziggs kinda does, but I never really do much with him after laning.

Malz has been my guy for a while, but I've playing Nidalee alot lately and it feels sooo gooood to land a spear and then just catpounceohfuckgetheroffme.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Vayne in champ select: "First day back, have only played ADC and Jungle so far today, so can I do one of those?"

Rest of team: "Wait why are you in ranked if you haven't played in a long time?"

Vayne: "It's fucking silver, this game is easy"

And then who goes 0/12?

too bad nobody could've seen that coming.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

buy cinderhulk then bork then full tank and fat around and never die and ult their tank and nom their adc while punching everyone in the face

skippy, do you get Bork to help with tank killing and his innate attack speed highs? I've always liked trundle (and trolls in general) and I'm thinking of following in your footsteps.

Would a hydra work in place of the Bork to help with clear speed and split pushing (if needed)?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »

skippy, do you get Bork to help with tank killing and his innate attack speed highs? I've always liked trundle (and trolls in general) and I'm thinking of following in your footsteps.

Would a hydra work in place of the Bork to help with clear speed and split pushing (if needed)?

yeah I just think bork works really well with his kit

he's already pretty sticky, but I like to get chilling smite and bork because it makes it really hard to get away from you

so like, your ganks are good with the saber (drop a pillar behind someone, make them burn flash, clear a camp, do it again)

and then in team fights, once you ult the tank your job is to punch the shit out of the adc and there isn't anything they can do to stop you (altho you can kill the tank to if you wanna)

he already split pushes pretty hard if you want to do that because a) he's hard to kill and b) he does strong dmg to towers with q

idk he seems really well suited right now because he's both tank and anti-tank

just won my 4th ranked game in a row with him with no deaths

• Options
    also no one plays trundle so they seem continually surprised that he's a great duelist

• Options
    also fun fact: trundle's pillar is an interrupt if it moves someone

so like, you can stop a kat ult or bring a teemo out of stealth if you cast the pillar on them and it nudges them aside

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

so like, you can stop a kat ult or bring a teemo out of stealth if you cast the pillar on them and it nudges them aside

Yeah, but if that's all you have to stop Kat you're probably fucked.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Everyone raise your hand if you saw this coming: Scarra out as head coach of CLG.

The wheel turns on.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular

It used to, and probably still does, let Yasuo ult off of it.

You can also cancel someone's recall with it. Friend or foe. Trundle is a giant troll, after all.

butts
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I approve of this OP. May the first post be forever shamelessly stolen from those who have come before.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    And so it goes, and so it goes...

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.