As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Age Thread – The third and final story DLC out now on PS4/XBO/PC

BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the DragonRegistered User regular
edited June 2022 in Games and Technology
7c9jifr82ejg.png

FAQ:

Q: What platforms are available?
A: PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, and PS4.

Q: Do PC users need to use Origin?
A: Yup, sorry.

Q: What's the deal with multiplayer?
A: Inquisition has a four-person multiplayer campaign that is completely separate from the single-player campaign. It's like a mash-up of a dungeon crawler and the ME3 multiplayer.

Q: How will the game import my world state?
A: The Dragon Age Keep lets you configure your world state to your liking, and then import it into Inquisition. All you need is an Origin account and an internet connection.

Q: How can I find people to play multiplayer with?
A: Add your info to the list, and then check out other players.

Q: Something is broken! How do I fix it?
A: First, check out the EA help page. Specifically, here is a thread with a bunch of troubleshooting tips and work arounds. If nothing is working, feel free to ask for help in this thread.

Q: The Origin achievement sound is annoying. How do I fix it?
A: Here is a work around.

Q: How does healing work?
A: There isn't really a healing specialization in the game. Instead, you have to use a limited number of potions to regain health. Those potions are automatically restored when you rest at a camp or your base. You can equip specific gear that will help you heal, and the Knight-Enchanter specialization does offer a very limited heal spell.

Q: How do I mitigate damage?
A: There are two systems that act as a sponge for enemy damage. Mages can cast a spell called barrier, and Warriors can accumulate guard a number of ways. These effectively prevent your main pool of HP from being depleted.

Q: Where do I find Tier 3 Schematics?
A: Armor schematics can be purchased in the Hissing Wastes. Weapon schematics can be purchased in Emprise du Lion (after you take over the keep).

Q: How do combos work?
A: Here's a good overview to help explain the intricacies.

Q: What's the deal with single player DLC?
A: Jaws of Hakkon is out on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360. The Descent is out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Trespasser is coming out on September 8th on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Minimum PC Specs:
  • Processor (AMD): Quad core @ 2.5 GHz
  • Processor (Intel): Quad core @ 2.0 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 4870
  • Graphics Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800 GT
  • Graphics Memory: 512 MB
  • Hard Drive: 26 GB
  • DirectX: 10
  • Internet: 512 kbps up and down

Recommended PC Specs:
  • Processor (AMD): Six core @ 3.2 GHz
  • Processor (Intel): Quad core @ 3.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270
  • Graphics Card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 26 GB
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: 1 Mbps up and down

Trailers:
Your companions:
  • Blackwall (Love interest for female Inquisitors)
  • Sera (Love interest for female Inquisitors)
  • Solas (Love interest for elven female Inquisitors)
  • Dorian (Love interest for male Inquisitors)
  • Cassandra (Love interest for male Inquisitors)
  • Iron Bull (Love interest for both male and female Inquisitors)
  • Cole (No romance available)
  • Vivienne (No romance available)
  • Varric (No romance available)

Your advisors:
  • Cullen (Love interest for human and elven female Inquisitors)
  • Josephine (Love interest for both male and female Inquisitors)
  • Leliana (No romance available)

Playable races:
Warrior Specializations:
Rogue Specializations:
Mage Specializations:

A duck! on

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So, Jaws of Hakkon worth checking out when it hits PS4?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    Ever since that PS4 firmware update that allows for in-game suspension, I've found it a lot easier to jump into the game. It take about 25 seconds for me to re-launch. A big improvement.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So what do you substitute Nug with?!

Also, the storage should have the same filtering options as the inventory. Odd it doesn't...

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Pork, I assume.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Pork, I assume.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Kind of annoyed that this most recent patch seemed to have glitched out Amulets of Power you get from chests.

Going to have to check a wiki to keep track of them since I already opened a few chest(can only hope whenever its fixed they'll reappear or something).

Dragkonias on
  • JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    OK, the important thing first: NVidia released a new driver hotfix (350.05 -- when I checked yesterday, I had to find it by searching directly on NVidia.com) that seems to have fixed the DirectX GetDevice error!

And now I've spent a couple of hours running around in the Frostback Basin and I have to say I'm really enjoying the new area so far. Although the fact that it's full of level 24-25 enemies did take some getting used to -- when I had finished the main game back in February, I was pretty much overleveled and steamrolling my way through everything; now I have to actually pay attention, especially when I'm trying to close a Fade Rift ...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Anyone have the link for that materials cheat? And whoever was banned was able to get it reversed because it was only in SP, right?

steam_sig.png
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Anyone have the link for that materials cheat? And whoever was banned was able to get it reversed because it was only in SP, right?

http://mrantifun.net/index.php?threads/dragon-age-inquisition-trainer.2540/

I've used it extensively (SP only) and not had any problems.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I just went to hinterlands on my new level 4 guy ... and got greeted by certain Red Enemies, you know the big bad guy's red henchmen you see if you side with the mages, same big bad who my squadmembers mention by name, even though they have barely seen more than a handful of rifts yet.

That was odd, but fairly useful because everytime I beat a group of them I got "Varric Slightly Approves" and also Everknit Wool.

Sirialis on
    The longer I think about it, the more I want Dragon Age to be a visual novel on the Vita. Too bad that neither visual novels nor the Vita are popular in the west.

Truly, the vast majority of my enjoyment takes place in dialog trees and cutscenes. That's preeeeeetty much perfect for the visual novel genre.

Bassguy wrote: »
    The longer I think about it, the more I want Dragon Age to be a visual novel on the Vita. Too bad that neither visual novels nor the Vita are popular in the west.

Truly, the vast majority of my enjoyment takes place in dialog trees and cutscenes. That's preeeeeetty much perfect for the visual novel genre.

Yeah, C&C is really what sets black isle/bioware games apart from other RPGs, not trying to steal gameplay mechanics from other genres

steam_sig.png
    I guess I missed this when it happened, but the spoiler toggle is in the Keep now:

PSN is having a Dragon Age franchise sale: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/dragon-age-games-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-DRAGONAGESALE

Even some DLC is on sale, so check it out.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

This deal didn't last very long. :( I might have to get it for the ps3, even though I have no room on it.

akirasig.jpg
    edited April 2015

This deal didn't last very long. :( I might have to get it for the ps3, even though I have no room on it.
    Having played DA:O and DAII on the PS3, both of those games run like shit on that platform. I have not heard great things about DA:I's performance either.

Of course, different people have different thresholds of irritation. If blurry textures and bad frame rate don't really matter to you, then it's probably okay.

Edit: You can snag a physical copy of the PC version for $40 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-PC/dp/B00JUHZBRG/

That'll get you an Origin code.

Bassguy on
    Oasis is officially my most hated zone yet. It took the most annoying feature of the other zones (find the proper path, if not, mountain!) and made it the primary feature! And now I just found a 1 way path. Hooray!

Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II are both in the Humble Bundle this week: https://www.humblebundle.com/

ME2 as well. This is a good opportunity to grab both for cheap.

• ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    If DA2 had an Ultimate edition with all the DLC, I might rebuy it like I did with Origins. It does not look like that is the case though.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ME3 and DA2 both need Ultimate Editions for PC.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    ME2 for that matter, the PS3 version had the DLC, the others don't

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2015
    ME2 for that matter, the PS3 version had the DLC, the others don't
    It didn't even have all of the DLC. Arrival came out after the PS3 release.

And while I agree that an "ultimate edition" is the preferred way to go for just about anything, at least you really only need 3 DLCs to get all of the story content with DA2. If DA:O didn't have an ultimate edition, it would be madness buying all of the DLC piecemeal at this point. That thing has roughly one million DLC releases.

Bassguy on
    Of course, without a season pass, 3 DLCs is almost as much as a full price game

(Or, like, on sale, a single DLC costs more than the whole ME trilogy)

steam_sig.png
    Of course, without a season pass, 3 DLCs is almost as much as a full price game

(Or, like, on sale, a single DLC costs more than the whole ME trilogy)
    That'd be less of an issue if they just discounted regular DLC like reasonable people instead of keeping it pegged at the initial price point for all of eternity.

I am VERY curious if EA is going to get in on the remaster craze with the Dragon Age franchise. It's all but confirmed for Mass Effect at this point.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Finally after months of waiting, I can play DAI again.

Upgraded to a new pc and I went from barely playable on all low settings to ultra with no slow down. <3

Can't wait to see how it handles the next Witcher.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    You running with Mantle/AMD card?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Nope. Just got a GTX 960 2gb.

Probably going to upgrade from that around new year depending on how its holding out but looks promising for the settings I usually settle for (1600x900 at medium settings).

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

For some reason, mantle makes it run worse for me

steam_sig.png
    So, I'm playing MP again for the first time in months. I'm actually liking it a lot, surprisingly. Also, I'm banging through medium difficulty with minimal issues.

Stiiiiiiill don't have enough to junk to unlock the Arcane Warrior though. :-(

Kill a few rifts, Western Approach, bam!

• JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Just finished watching Apocalypto for the first time in several years. He uses a Jar of Bees!

Also most of the way finished with the Frostback Basin, and me, I'd be happy with several other expansions of similar size at similar price -- I'd forgotten how much I like just running around the map, poking in different corners, finding sidequests and killing spiders. So very, very many spiders.

(My one issue right now is that there have been at least a couple of points where I found those magical veilfire torches but couldn't find a matching rune on the wall anywhere in the vicinity.)

Unlocked the Arcane Warrior. It wrecks shop just like the Knight-Enchanter. I am enjoying it A LOT.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I've really enjoyed playing this game for the past few weeks I'm up to Here Lies the Abyss and Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts, I made a Knight Enchanter who is just obliterating everything on Nightmare (except a certain Fereldan Frostback I met at a low level...)

I quite liked the Eye motif the Inquisition is using and made it into a sticker... then I thought "Huh cool, what I am going to do with this thing now? kitchen table it is then."

2qi8ojc.jpg

4grnmt.jpg

Lighting is a bit muted here since I dont have any lights directly over this spot at the moment.

Edit: 1zn8iub.jpg

Sirialis on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Since we're not allowed a mass effect thread any more, thought I would post these ME4 rumours here (cross-posted from SE++):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1031314

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Not allowed one? Huh. I just figured it went away because there was no news.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    About five months after ME3 shipped, we had three MP DLCs, From Ashes, the Firefight Pack, and Leviathan.

About five months after DA:I shipped, we only have one MP DLC and one SP DLC (still not on all platforms).

Kind of a bummer about how little post-launch content we've received so far.

And the MP DLC was really lame, and lots of people actually suggest uninstalling it

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.