As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloveddreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
edited June 2018 in Games and Technology
obF2Wuw.png
surrealitycheck on

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Glad we have a new thread.

I was having a hell of a time finding the old one.

Dragkonias on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So looking at that there seems to be 3 different scenarios:

The original Nero-Dante one.
    Vergil
    Lady-Trish one.

Sounds pretty cool.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh sweet! Love me some Trish. Hope its not only all her animations from UMvC3.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    hey guys do u think with this special edition they might have finished the game????????

xSxFge6.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
    I wonder if they added new environments...cause lord knows between Dante and Nero I saw the old ones enough.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    1409897124319.jpg

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    It only took them 10 years to let us play as Lady.
    I hope all versions get even further new tech stuff the way the PC version of 4 got new stuff just because of the increased memory/computation resources over the console versions. Not just shinier textures, but things like scenes with more enemies, etc.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    I will give Capcom that.

At least they put new stuff into their special edition instead of just turning the shaders up and calling it a day.

• MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I wish they would give Dante his weapons from DMC3. His weapon selection in 4 is so much less interesting. A fire and wind pair of swords, frozen flails that can cast ice spells, an electric guitar that shoots lightning bats!! You can't beat that stuff.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    I wish they would give Dante his weapons from DMC3. His weapon selection in 4 is so much less interesting. A fire and wind pair of swords, frozen flails that can cast ice spells, an electric guitar that shoots lightning bats!! You can't beat that stuff.

I dunno, I'm pretty fond of the SUITCASE OF DOOM

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I like to think that they're going to look at Bayonetta's gigantic lightning hammer in Bayonetta 2 and go, "We need to top that."

With any luck the answer to that isn't to just have somebody carry two Pandoras.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    God I want this so bad. Not only did they add 3 new characters but now there's supposedly unlockable costumes as well, which I know isn't a big deal for everyone but costumes are good incentive to get me to play through a game more than once.

I'm impressed as hell with Capcom for actually making something the fans want. So of course they still have to do something to piss me off and apparently make this a digital download only release in the West. Godammit Capcom I want discs.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Playable Lady and Trish?

Sold

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    PC

Yesssssssssss.

I'm still hoping DmC SE hits PC too.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Now I'm motivated!

0:45s

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    It only took them 10 years to let us play as Lady.
    I hope all versions get even further new tech stuff the way the PC version of 4 got new stuff just because of the increased memory/computation resources over the console versions. Not just shinier textures, but things like scenes with more enemies, etc.

She's playable in DMC2 as well!

I mean. As much as it is playable.

So hype for this. Gonna see if the PS4 version lives up to the promise.

Oh brilliant
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    DMC2 was Lucia, a different character.
    I'm definitely getting this on PC so I can shadowplay all the cool shit I find so I don't have to use infinite words to describe a simple technique.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Trish is unlockable. Unique moveset IIRC.

Oh brilliant
    edited April 2015
    He was talking about Lady tho. :)
    You got the wrong gal!

Morninglord on
    Derp, sorry!

Oh brilliant
    I'm pretty curious to see what they do with Lady's moveset, a DMC character without any melee weapons is going to be interesting to play around with.

I swear the reason this game is next gen is purely because they wanted to give Vergil's coat all the physics

Look at that fucking coat

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I swear the reason this game is next gen is purely because they wanted to give Vergil's coat all the physics

Look at that fucking coat
    That coat is hand animated, like Dante's coat. You can see its motion loop with his idle animation at the beginning of the video.

edited April 2015
    You can also see it repeat the same flow when the guy starts and stops at the start of the video.
    It's a sexy sexy animation.

Morninglord on
    Yeah I rewatched it a couple times and realized that

it looks so good tho

I missed Vergil so much. 10 years and the poor dude's only been in MvC3

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm pretty curious to see what they do with Lady's moveset, a DMC character without any melee weapons is going to be interesting to play around with.

Lady has a little melee potential, IIRC she does a lot of acrobatics, spinning around the demons and shooting em point blank. Heh, could almost see those as grapple moves.

Oh brilliant
    edited April 2015
    Upgrade her pistols to hit stun would be enough for me. Super gunslinger character, basically. Twosome time as a standard ability.

Morninglord on
    I'm imagining her basic combos will probably be something like Bayonetta's pistol combos when you hold the button. Press punch once, she'll shoot a gun, press again she'll shoot the other, press a third time she'll shoot both at once, stuff like that

In the trailer they showed her do a stinger with kalina ann that sent her back out of harms way when it was done, so it would make sense if her basic combos were all long range

The one thing I hope they do is make all the new characters playable from the start, or at least have cheat to unlock them. I don't really want to have to beat the game once before I can mess around with the new stuff

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Ha ha ha ha yes.

Cannot wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aDYoToCeg

Fuck yes, I'm so hyped to play as Lady and Trish.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Trish looks fun but that video makes Lady look boring to play.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Do we know what Lady uses devil trigger meter on? I'm assuming that it's used for some of her moves, like throwing out a bunch of grenades and there's no way to tell because they have infinite devil trigger in that video.

Fireflash wrote: »
    Trish looks fun but that video makes Lady look boring to play.

She has a rocket powered jump and is literally a walking nuke.
    You crazy.

Did y'all nerds hear this ain't getting a physical release in the west? :I

Guess I'm ordering from glorious nippon on this one.

Oh brilliant
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Did y'all nerds hear this ain't getting a physical release in the west? :I

Guess I'm ordering from glorious nippon on this one.

Why do you want a physical release?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Not a big deal to me since I rarely return games anyway.

That said I wonder if its going to be a full 60.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Not a big deal to me since I rarely return games anyway.

That said I wonder if its going to be a full 60.

Kind of sucks for consoles if it is, it's only $25 on Steam.