As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, April 20, 2015 - Bass Ackwards

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    DoraukoDorauko Awesome OhioRegistered User regular
    I wonder if this would be similar to how the drivers-Ed course would go for one of these. I mean, you have to have a special AT-AT license right?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    *sounds of an owl trying to peck through the windows*

• Options
    jz78817jz78817 Registered User new member
    I got a good laugh out of this one. 'cos you know this is the kind of behind-the-scenes drudgery which would happen.

• Options
    HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    See, this is why they only used AT-STs.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The Imperials are invading the Eyrewood!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Sir, we were going the wrong way anyway, but no you cut me off so ...

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    This reminds me of their Battlefield comic from a few years ago in which people were spawn camping airplanes and then immediately crashing them.
    593666724_je3Ne-1050x10000.jpg

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Now see, this one area where the old Juggernaut has the advantage over the AT-AT. You have another driver in a whole 'nother cockpit at the other end to take over, for just such a situation as this.
    (And also because the ponderous piece of junk can't turn like, barely at all.)

Gaslight on
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    HeWhoSees wrote: »

Nope. They used AT-ATs on Endor as well. When Luke surrendered and was delivered to Vadar, it was in a AT-AT. *fixes glasses*
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w-HFv6Ms1lw

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

Nope. They used AT-ATs on Endor as well. When Luke surrendered and was delivered to Vadar, it was in a AT-AT. *fixes glasses*
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w-HFv6Ms1lw

i...never noticed that before. huh.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    IamdudeIamdude Registered User regular
    Please tell me there is a podcast for this one.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

I won't lie. Just looked this up on the Star Wars wiki:
    As a direct result of the losses inflicted on the Empire in Endor, AT-STs were later forbidden from being deployed onto worlds composed extensively of forests or natives with primitive weaponry.[7]

• Options
    Trogdor6135Trogdor6135 Registered User regular
    Hilarious. The story Tycho posted along with this cracks me up too.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I never understood the bipolar nature of imperial doctrine as it applied to the military. They're all swarms of disposable yet supremely agile shitships in space for the rank and file but when it comes to ground forces it suddenly becomes a comically clunky contingent of unwieldy walker bots. You'd think a galaxy so close to its technological pinnacle, you'd at least see something more like those cheating-ass spider-bots from Binary Domain just not giving a fuck about the terrain, launching itself from tree to tree raining down pure death on the Ewoks.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Can we speculate on this here?
    Just a little tease.

-Gabe out

i-F2D7jps.jpg

What does it mean? :huh: Are they doing a full comic based on a DnD campaign with their characters?

• Options
    SicarisSicaris Registered User new member
    Registered just to speculate wildly. This is the cast from the zombie mall series if I am not mistaken. I'm saying either a second "season" or wishlisting, a game based on it (either board or computer).

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, you're definitely right. I completely forgot about that mini series.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Sicaris wrote: »
    Registered just to speculate wildly. This is the cast from the zombie mall series if I am not mistaken. I'm saying either a second "season" or wishlisting, a game based on it (either board or computer).

I would maybe probably totally buy a Penny Arcane version of Talisman.

• Options
    nrcolenrcole Registered User new member
    edited April 2015
    ARMADEADDON!

It took me a few minutes to put it together. Couldn't figure out what was going on in the background. Then I noticed Frank, and all the blood. Finally, I made the connection with Skeleton Jim in the background.

Oh, and Gabe's holding a Cinnabon.

nrcole on
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I like how the AT-AT looks kinda like a dump truck lol. I totally heard the noise when I read the last panel.

• Options
    SicarisSicaris Registered User new member
    Oh its the Cinnabon! I couldn't quite figure it out.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to throw my wishes into the ether, that the tease is somehow for a season of Acquisitions Incorporated videos. Because I would pay handsomely for that.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Personally, I'm hoping for another Penny-Arcade Game expansion.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The comic was Armadeaddon. If anybody wants to relive the magic.

• Options
    Praxus1874Praxus1874 West Valley City, UTRegistered User regular
    All right, so I wasn't going to say anything, but I am kind of curious if anyone else misinterpreted this comic as badly as I did at first glance.

When I first saw it, I thought the AT-AT was trying to sneak through the forest, and the *crack* sound alerted the rebels, which then caused them to get target locked by off-panel missile launchers, hence the *beep beep beep* sound. The joke of course being that AT-AT's could sneak.

After I spent more than 2 seconds looking at it, it was obvious that my first interpretation was wrong, but I kind of think that an AT-AT sneaking through the forest is funnier? Probably just me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    quazi420quazi420 Dwarf of Enormous Impotence Registered User new member
    I doubt it's Acquisitions Incorporated. AI is a WotC deal and the teaser picture shows the characters from the Armadeaddon strips.

Could be a graphic novel, or one of those "animated comics" with mostly still art, but have full voice acting. We could dream of an animated series, but i doubt Mike has the time to draw it all himself.

• Options
    quazi420 wrote: »
    I doubt it's Acquisitions Incorporated. AI is a WotC deal and the teaser picture shows the characters from the Armadeaddon strips.

Could be a graphic novel, or one of those "animated comics" with mostly still art, but have full voice acting. We could dream of an animated series, but i doubt Mike has the time to draw it all himself.
    Mike didn't draw the Lookouts comics, so I see no reason why they couldn't do an animated show without him. Or with just minimal high level input.

• Options
    quazi420quazi420 Dwarf of Enormous Impotence Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    quazi420 wrote: »

Mike didn't draw the Lookouts comics, so I see no reason why they couldn't do an animated show without him. Or with just minimal high level input.

Lookouts and the rest of the Eyrewood is a large sandbox though, without, so far, a main character. So yeah, let other artists go nuts.

The Armadeaddon comics have so many main characters from the strip (Gabe, Tycho, Charles, Annarchy, FF) I would hope it wouldn't be passed to someone else.

• Options
    They could do what Egoraptor does with Studio Yatta. Mike would just draw solid lines of keyframes, Jerry would write words or they would both records words, and Mike could direct the studio to do the in between animations and colors.

Though I agree just handing the project with their main characters to someone else would be strange.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I would hope that they get voice actors for the characters; like Tycho's appearance in Poker Night at the Inventory. I really liked that.

Tycho and Gabe are based on Jerry and Mike, but they aren't them in many important ways, and I don't feel like J&M's voices fit the characters they have created.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I would hope that they get voice actors for the characters; like Tycho's appearance in Poker Night at the Inventory. I really liked that.

Tycho and Gabe are based on Jerry and Mike, but they aren't them in many important ways, and I don't feel like J&M's voices fit the characters they have created.
    I'd totally support Cameron Lauder for Tycho.

• Options
    sawellssawells Registered User regular
    I still think the newspost that goes with this one is the best piece of Star Wars fanfic ever written.

Twitter: @EssayWells