As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    URL's on domain forums.penny-arcade.com, yeah. Should work.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ah ha, it was "on domain" I was missing! Thanks.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I don't remember if this was needed last time, but if I'm using the user reaction mouseover script, how do I get it to work for the So Raven button?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I don't remember if this was needed last time, but if I'm using the user reaction mouseover script, how do I get it to work for the So Raven button?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread.

I updated it to be less dumb this time

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    So in trying to get to the userstyles page, I am crashing into a 502 bad gateway error, whether I search for it on userstyles.org or use the link from this thread.

I'm switching from Chrome to Firefox because mobile Chrome has been shitty for just long enough, and now the forums look like... well, they actually do.

HELP ME

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    Check out the last page, there's a link to the script and the fix for using it.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Bless your cold, dead heart @Xeddicus.

Pretty embarassed I didn't find that :shy: I saw some of the posts from last time I checked this thread and then sorta glazed over like a doofus.

There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Over the last two days, Tubes crazy pink formatting has been leaking into the style sheet. It's completely random. On the same page, one post will appear as normal for the blue, then there is a big break in the page where there is a twice as large post in all pink from Tube. I went to remove and reinstall the style sheet, but the website for it was down.

edited January 2014
    It's not the site, it's the style's specific page apparently. Suriko must have pissed them off. :P If you check the last page there's a link to the raw css code, and the fix to use it. I doubt that'll fix the pink issue, though.

Xeddicus on
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Yes, yes. Suriko pissed them off. That's what's happening.

That was a joke, just to be clear. Smile tongue edited in for clarity and/or unnecessary explanation...

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nah, it's Icys secret plot to make everyone view the white forums!

...I now see the joke that went right over my head before. I think. Stupid userstyles, fix your site, you're confusing me here!

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Probably a dumb question, but is there any way to get this to work on my iPad?

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    edited January 2014
    Phyphor wrote: »

Most days I spend furiously scribbling down ever-more-harebrained ideas for how to kill Suriko. So far, no dice.

IcyLiquid on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular

Most days I spend furiously scribbling down ever-more-harebrained ideas for how to kill Suriko. So far, no dice.

I'm protected by the strongest Maginot Line in existence.

Australian wildlife.

Come at me bro.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Real-life picture of Icy?

20121008120335!Wile_E_Coyote.gif

I think so

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    pfft, as if Icy shows up on film.

• XobyteXobyte Registered User regular
    I haven't read this entire thread, but is there a reason some users have enormous company logos to the right of their posts like Syndalis and Agoaj on the last page? It wouldn't be a huge issue, except on larger posts they tend to obscure a pretty significant amount of the text.

They are special snowflakes I believe. There's a stlylish script snippet posted last page to remove Syndalis's apple, can probably tweak it to remove Agoaj's window too.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    it was from winning a solid saints auction last year

• smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    Anyone else having a problem with the userstyles.org page for this style giving an error? I can't get the page to load

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    They are special snowflakes I believe. There's a stlylish script snippet posted last page to remove Syndalis's apple, can probably tweak it to remove Agoaj's window too.

Mine isn't special, I just right aligned an image.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    New computer, tried to copy the CSS and it didn't work. Eyes burning, please send help.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    As for the issue, wouldn't simply uploading it again but with a slightly different name fix the issue?

The previous page, page 11, went over this. Threads not that active guys :stuck_out_tongue:

CSS here. Remove the first 2 lines and last line/brace.

edited March 2014
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    The previous page, page 11, went over this. Threads not that active guys :stuck_out_tongue:

CSS here. Remove the first 2 lines and last line/brace.

@Xeddicus Except... Right above you, I said I tried to write my own style with the CSS and removing the first two lines and the brace, but it did not work. This is on a system that couldn't be any fresher as I built it yesterday.

And with a test, it works perfectly fine on Firefox but it isn't working on Chrome.

Arthil on
    Ah, you said you copied it, so I assumed you didn't edit it as well, my mistake. If the CSS as is works in Firefox, but not Chrome...is Stylish enabled on Chrome? If so, are you applying it to the proper domain in Chrome (urls on domain forums.penny-arcade.com)? Try kicking it?

@Xeddicus Did all of that :( I don't know why it's doing this.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Does anybody know if there's a basic stylish sheet that makes reactions permanent at the bottom of posts instead of them appearing on mouseover? Someone made this for me when the forums first changed but I lost it when I formatted my hard drive.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    @Suriko Shouldn't the fix be as simple as deleting the original from the userstyles website, and then uploading a new one? Or if that isn't possible, just uploading the style but with a slightly different name?

Alright someone re-uploaded it, not sure who. Thank you for whoever did! http://userstyles.org/styles/100067/penny-arcade-ye-olde

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Since this was driving me nuts I thought others might like to know it too:

change the body selector in ye olde-style to have a min-width of 920px or so, and suddenly the forums will mostly sensibly fit into exactly half of a 1920x1080 screen.

Which makes everything so much easier with aero-snap.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hmm for the past couple days, the little reaction avatars for awesomes and the like have had a little gray thing floating at the very bottom of some people's posts. I think it may be the jailed overlay, but it's cut off so I can't tell

steam_sig.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Anyone else having a problem where embedded Youtube is offset the left when played?

The exact issue seems to be that whatever calculates the left: tag is making it exactly 2* too big. But I can't find the code in the site JS which touches this so I can back-engineer whatever CSS it's misinterpeting.

Updated.
    11/9/14
    - Added some tweaks. What tweaks? I can't even remember. They're new though, and new is good.

Off the top of my head it deals with the jail icon for reactions, among other little things. Finally remembered to post it after a bunch of stuff going on recently.

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for your continued support of the Style, Suriko!

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hey, so this has been an issue. I tried to figure it out myself but I couldn't find it in Firebug.

rmWq0rQ.jpg

The suit needs to be shifted to the left with YOS.

ASimPerson on
    Found it in Firebug (body .MessageList .Item.Role_PAXZonugal .Comment:before). Just pushed an update that at least brings the suit within the margins.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Stylish changed some things it seems with the way their chrome app looks (instead of a disable/enable link, there's a checkbox, for example) and now twitter embeds look wonky.