As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I've Already Consumed The Required Calories For This Day Period

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Apparently last man on earth turned itself around

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Apparently last man on earth turned itself around

I want to believe you, but I don't

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They introduced a new character with the same name as the main dude but perfect in every way

Now everyone ignores him and gave him a new dumb name

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Last week's was actually pretty funny yeah.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think this week's episode of Last Man of Earth did a good job of turning things around
    Phil's an utter piece of shit and everyone knows it. He actively tries to be better and just can't fucking stop himself and I love it.

And it was pretty great seeing Todd becoming a petty jealous asshole once NuPhil showed up.

Like, this show seems to be all about introducing a character, getting you to like them, and then revealing what an awful human being they are.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Flash quit teasing Vibe and get Cisco into a break dancing competition already

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    This week's Community may have been my favorite one of the season yet

It has been a really great season so far. It's so weird that it's happening on Yahoo.

large.jpg

I haven't seen the latest ep but It's been kind of a mixed bag so far. Some good episodes, some okay ones.

I'm not raving about it but I'm enjoying it more than last season. Last season seemed to be trying too hard to keep up the gimmick/theme episodes whereas this season seems to be getting back to more character stuff. I kind of fell in love with Gillian Jacobs again watching the latest ep.

Britta is the best

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I think this week's episode of Last Man of Earth did a good job of turning things around
    Phil's an utter piece of shit and everyone knows it. He actively tries to be better and just can't fucking stop himself and I love it.

And it was pretty great seeing Todd becoming a petty jealous asshole once NuPhil showed up.

Like, this show seems to be all about introducing a character, getting you to like them, and then revealing what an awful human being they are.
    Yeah this episode ALMOST made you feel bad for Tandy.

Almost.

• Options
    This week's Community may have been my favorite one of the season yet

It has been a really great season so far. It's so weird that it's happening on Yahoo.

large.jpg

I haven't seen the latest ep but It's been kind of a mixed bag so far. Some good episodes, some okay ones.

I'm not raving about it but I'm enjoying it more than last season. Last season seemed to be trying too hard to keep up the gimmick/theme episodes whereas this season seems to be getting back to more character stuff. I kind of fell in love with Gillian Jacobs again watching the latest ep.

The Honda CRV is the best

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I caught up on the last few weeks of Last Man the other day, and quickly became so sick of the show that I just had it on as background noise

And then towards the end of one episode and the entire next episode (with new Phil), I suddenly became way more interested
    Todd's shift was especially interesting

it sort of reframes the premise of the series as: sex, love, and companionship are important biological/psychological drives, so what happens when those resources are so incredibly scarce? Does everyone become hypercompetitive and awful, or does it sort itself out into something everyone can be satisfied with? Was Todd only such a good guy because of circumstance? Was Phil only such a bad guy because of circumstance?

I said I would at least finish this season because the show started out so well and so ambitious and I wanted to see what would happen, but now at least I'm going to keep watching without a feeling of dread or disinterest (for now. Still not completely sold)

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Mad Men season 1 spoilers
    Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell): Jon Hamm is a talented actor, but during the pilot he kept going off script to announce that Don Draper was actually named Dick Whitman.

Elisabeth Moss (Peggy Olson): Even for scenes he wasn’t in, Jon would burst into whatever room we were filming in and shout, “No, I’m not Don Draper! Don Draper exploded! I’m Dick Whitman instead! Yowza!”
    Imagining this made me laugh a lot.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell): Jon Hamm is a talented actor, but during the pilot he kept going off script to announce that Don Draper was actually named Dick Whitman.

Elisabeth Moss (Peggy Olson): Even for scenes he wasn’t in, Jon would burst into whatever room we were filming in and shout, “No, I’m not Don Draper! Don Draper exploded! I’m Dick Whitman instead! Yowza!”

See, I'm imagining it, but I can't get the "!" on the Yowza.

I'm just thinking of Jon Hamm saying Yowza in his most serious voice, deadpan, and it's cracking me up.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Should that be spoilered?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    is Jon Hamm ever going to go dramatic again after Mad Men

or will he finally embrace his destiny as the finest comedic actor of our age

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Should that be spoilered?

That is from early/mid season 1 and widely enough known that they're throwing it around in a Clickhole article.

• Options
    it would be a nice convenience for people that you know are reading this that are currently watching the show for the first time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm still not sick of Jon Hamm playing jerks who get away with everything because they look like Jon Hamm

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    FAQ wrote: »

Welp, I guess Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the next show I'm watching. Sorry, rest of Daredevil!

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Daredevil is way better than UKS

• Options

They arent remotely similar. Kinda unfair to compare a zany sitcom to an hour long drama

• Options

They arent remotely similar. Kinda unfair to compare a zany sitcom to an hour long drama

I dunno, I was going on basis of how funny they are.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah I thought daredevil wa sconsistently really funny

• Options
    Daredevil doesn't have Jon Hamm doing... that

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Jon Hamm is not in most of UKS

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Mad Men Ep 2
    So Peggy is the main character of this show right? I want her to have taken over by the end of this series.

Also this show is doing a great job at making me hate all men.

Don continues to be the main character but Peggy is 100% the heart of the show

Peggy is totally the main character, it's just that the writers want to maximise the time we spend looking at John Hamm's jawline. And really, who can blame them.

• Options
    Peggy can be kind of a dick too. There are many moments when she's rude, caustic and plain unkind to people because of her own insecurities.

In terms of likability, I'd say it's Joan and Ken at the top for me.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

See, I'm imagining it, but I can't get the "!" on the Yowza.

I'm just thinking of Jon Hamm saying Yowza in his most serious voice, deadpan, and it's cracking me up.

John Slattery: When Jon Hamm says the word “Yowza!” his voice gets extremely low-pitched, like a dragon is talking.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I love how so many of the actors on Mad Men, a super serious drama, are super funny and really good at comedic acting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Assorted mid-season 4 Mad Men thoughts:

Don, you asshole. You fucking asshole.
    I really liked Alison. She was so good to you, Don, you idiot. Why'd you have to go and do that

And seriously, Megan has just the most unassuming first few episodes. Everytime she's onscreen doing some random thing in the background, in my head, I'm shouting to the characters
    THAT'S DON DRAPER'S FUTURE WIFE!

DON! SHE'S YOUR NEW WIFE.

Also, holy crap @ Stan without his beard!

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This is a reminder that both Jon Hamm and John Slattery will have parts in Wet Hot American Summer

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peggy can be kind of a dick too. There are many moments when she's rude, caustic and plain unkind to people because of her own insecurities.

Much as I love Joan, I don't know if I'd ever call her likeable.
    Ken, definitely.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Ken is awesome.

Very recent spoiler
    I loooooooved that he became scp's client after the hell they put him through in Detroit. Also, eyepatch!

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rhylith wrote: »
    Ken is awesome.

Very recent spoiler
    I loooooooved that he became scp's client after the hell they put him through in Detroit. Also, eyepatch!
    I hope his new position affords him plenty of time to write. Pete's right, he'd look amazing on the jacket.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Ken is awesome.

Very recent spoiler
    I hope his new position affords him plenty of time to write. Pete's right, he'd look amazing on the jacket.
    I don't think it will, based on how little free time it said his father in law had in the same job. He ditched his dream for revenge

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Obviously I'm still very early, but things are gonna gave to go nuts for Peggy to do anything to make me think she's a dick

The deck is so stacked against her that I can't help but root for her

I mean they compared te idea of her being able to write to a dog playing piano

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I think the biggest thing that's throwing me with mad men is the flashbacks to Don's childhood

Because, intellectually, I know that 1930 and 1960 are only 30 years apart

But they're such distinct eras in my mind that it's kind of wowing me to actually realize that it's totally reasonable for someone to have lived through both the Great Depression and the modern era

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    Ken is awesome.

Very recent spoiler
    I don't think it will, based on how little free time it said his father in law had in the same job. He ditched his dream for revenge
    While that's, of course, perfectly fitting for this show, it's also really disappointing. Ken was the closest thing that office had to a good man (that we saw, at any rate) and I really want himto find some happiness before the end.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Catching up on the last handful of Community episodes
    Oh my god Child Rust Cohle was wonderful

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Yeah this episode ALMOST made you feel bad for Tandy.

Almost.
    Dream sequence. It has to be.

This discussion has been closed.