As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Didn't Arin play that with Jon?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Yes...

Also the only instance where Arin said the N-word uncensored.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Now that Ray has left Achievement Hunter I would adore it if they could drag his ass to LA for grumpcade

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Now that Ray has left Achievement Hunter I would adore it if they could drag his ass to LA for grumpcade

He's doing streaming full-time now (ugh) and he was notorious for being a homebody according to RT folks. That said, this should absolutely happen. In fact GG and AH should do a big crossover sometime.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    True but I'm pretty sure he went to AGDQ of his own accord for the past few years. Not part of an official RT presence. But who knows!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Ray has made Game Grumps references in videos before, and I think Arin recently said that he's a bit of a fan of Achievement Hunter. I'd say it's possible, but I certainly wouldn't expect it.

In other news, hell yes, more Chu Chu Rocket. The episodes with Jon are probably my favorite on the channel.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6PsHwGiNU

tithinian is the fucking best

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    That was quick!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Absalon wrote: »

Yes.

It was kind of a dick move on Arin's part to just shove Danny into the game blind, but the results were entertaining enough that I can forgive him. Also this episode kind of sets a precedent that they can re-visit Jon era games now!

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    They had a nice run going on Secret of Mana a long time ago which Arin and Jon had played, which they put on hold for Wind Waker. I'd always hoped they would get back to it at some stage, but it seems unlikely now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    They had a nice run going on Secret of Mana a long time ago which Arin and Jon had played, which they put on hold for Wind Waker. I'd always hoped they would get back to it at some stage, but it seems unlikely now.

I think all the level grinding they had to do off camera dissuaded them. Its a fun game, but too much prep required for making it work in the GG format.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Achievement Hunter seems interesting. What's a good video series to get acquainted with them? There's too much content!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Achievement Hunter seems interesting. What's a good video series to get acquainted with them? There's too much content!

I really like their GTA5 videos. Lots of great stuff. Minecraft videos can be pretty good, too.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Was Chuchu Rocket actually considered a flagship dreamcast title?

That's just not possible. Right?

• Options
    It was a launch title I thought, don't know if I'd go so far as to say flagship.

It did do a reasonable job of online multiplayer, though obviously lag was an issue over dial-up! Still though, I do have pretty fond memories of playing it online, and just hanging out and chatting with people in the chat rooms.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »

Yes, as an online game. Remember Dreamcast pre-dates the original Xbox and so was the first mainstream console to really push online play.

They actually gave it away free to people who used their Dreamcast to access the internet.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

Yes, as an online game. Remember Dreamcast pre-dates the original Xbox and so was the first mainstream console to really push online play.

They actually gave it away free to people who used their Dreamcast to access the internet.

Dreamcast was a great, albeit short, time for me. Playing Phantasy Star Online with my best friend was awesome. Shame it didn't do as great as the system was.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh man I had forgotten about this.

https://youtu.be/QJ5xHcnTcKI

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I was just about to link that. Whoever catfat is, they're really great at animation. I love the cut to the blue plant basically playing dolls.

• Options
    Really think that one should've really been handled by Corax, or someone capable of using more exaggerated expressions.

Fluid action aside. I really want to see Arin's frustration truly be expressed...

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    There are few times in my long history with gaming that I hold as fondly has playing PSO on the Dreamcast. There were other games, sure but that game was everything.

Its weird, I certainly played games online and multiplayer prior, some years earlier (diablo, wc2, etc) but for whatever reason PSO on/and the Dreamcast felt like the future to me in a way that nothing prior and with a few exceptions nothing since, has.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Something to say on that;

4-Man Grumpcade Power Stone 2.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Power Stone is the kind of game that ruins friendships. Perfect for Grumpage.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Zomro wrote: »

I really like their GTA5 videos. Lots of great stuff. Minecraft videos can be pretty good, too.

The Halo HORSE videos are pretty great.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    A 2-4 player game of PSO on GC would be nice to see. It's not that hard on the first playthrough, and there's no real story to get in the way, if you skip the quests and just do the levels.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    PSO was super the future. Everything about it was great. And I didn't even get to play it online right, it was still very impressive.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    The further along we get in Mario 64, the more painful it is to watch.

"I just want to play Bloodborne!"

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The further along we get in Mario 64, the more painful it is to watch.

"I just want to play Bloodborne!"

He picked up the same jumping box twice, steered it into the same wall twice, and fell off the cliff twice. That's comedy.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh this is the bad Mario Party they were talking about, where everyone travels together.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

I haven't watched this episode yet...but by the end of this series. A Grump will die and a Grump will be sent to jail for murder.

But to be fair...he deserved it for stealing all the stars

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Oh jeez. I hate the car thing in Mario Party 9 and 10. So much.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Oh this is the bad Mario Party

You are describing every Mario Party

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Oh this is the bad Mario Party they were talking about, where everyone travels together.

They were referring to 9. But yes, it's the same mechanic.

They better play Bowser Party with Ross as Bowser.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

They were referring to 9. But yes, it's the same mechanic.

They better play Bowser Party with Ross as Bowser.

That probably would have fit way better for the series. Maybe if they're not exhausted with this part, they'll do a Bowser game at the end.

• Options
    I can go either way on the car, honestly.

I *do* appreciate that it really pushes the game to end in a reasonable amount of time so that whoever's in last isn't having a miserable experience because they can't come back.

I do think it could use another lap around the board, though, before ending in case everyone just blitz's high numbers and blows through it fast.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I appreciated that they addressed the slowness of Mario Party by keeping everyone together but after 9 they should have realized that most people didn't like that mechanic. At least have two modes: car mode and classic mode so that everyone is happy.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    They should drop the stupid car and split screen that shit. Everyone can roll and move at the same time. Making a good MP isn't exactly rocket science, god knows why Nintendo has left it with the same developers this long.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.