As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old [STEAM] thread. Please buy the new thread mod for $4.99.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    I've downloaded a few (mostly for Torchlight), but @Pixelated Pixie how do you mod? Like, I should understand this. I write software for a living. Are our games not 100% compiled code? I get creating new skins because those are external files referenced by the executable. But other stuff? What are you guys doing?

I understand it involves crawling into the computer, naked, laughing crazy while throwing booze around inside the case

Hey - I just got a great idea for the next FNG!

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    jclast wrote: »
    I've downloaded a few (mostly for Torchlight), but Pixelated Pixie how do you mod? Like, I should understand this. I write software for a living. Are our games not 100% compiled code? I get creating new skins because those are external files referenced by the executable. But other stuff? What are you guys doing?

Most Steam games with workshop functionality have 'kits' that let you modify different text-based files to change variables, add/edit models/textures, new sounds, etc.

You can check out what mod tools are available to you by going to the 'Tools' category in your Steam Library, then can download any kits you want to check out

Zavian on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    The paid mod thing is kinda making me uneasy.
    I mean, nothing is stopping you from grabbing mods from somewhere else right?

Although, with the ability to stop auto updates removed, what's to stop Steam from just re-updating the game when you mod it? "Hey, look some files changed in the install directory! Let's fix that for you!"

I know, I'm probably being paranoid.

This discussion has been closed.