As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

19495969798100»

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    hows the sales figures

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Enough to prompt a Mario Party 11, much to the confusion of everyone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Enough to prompt a Mario Party 11, much to the confusion of everyone.

Wait, what?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    I want everyone to note that Arin has had the option to finish Mario 64 at any point, but volunteered to go for 120 stars for whatever reason. It's hard to feel bad for him when at any point he could head up to Bowser and put this thing to bed.

I dunno, maybe he hates it less than he's letting on.

YL9WnCY.png
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I think they've realized it's good to have one "long-running" game going on at any time while they do shorter stints for shows #2 and #3 on a given day.

Like having a sonic boom or pokemon going on for awhile, a ross/barry/whatever show, and a shorter series/one-off.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I want everyone to note that Arin has had the option to finish Mario 64 at any point, but volunteered to go for 120 stars for whatever reason. It's hard to feel bad for him when at any point he could head up to Bowser and put this thing to bed.

I feel that the episode with the fat penguin race will be one of the most entertaining of the series.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

It's probably a combination of that and just knowing that the nature of games that easily frustrate him and/or he plays poorly despite being cocky about it, or knowing better; results in a lot more chatter about it, and potentially more views/subs.

And not in a malicious or necessarily subversive way. He's an entertainer and knows his audience, and that's a good thing. I don't think there's been an episode of Mario 64 I haven't thoroughly enjoyed, even when he's playing so painfully bad, or accomplishes nothing like some recent episodes.

There's an obvious limit to this though, where it is just too much for him even if he knows it'll make for good viewing. See: Battle Kid

But fortunately we still get to be entertained by the actual breakdowns. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I appreciated that they addressed the slowness of Mario Party by keeping everyone together but after 9 they should have realized that most people didn't like that mechanic. At least have two modes: car mode and classic mode so that everyone is happy.

Classic mode is sort of in 10. It's the Amiibo mode you see on the main menu in episode 1.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I appreciated that they addressed the slowness of Mario Party by keeping everyone together but after 9 they should have realized that most people didn't like that mechanic. At least have two modes: car mode and classic mode so that everyone is happy.

Classic mode is sort of in 10. It's the Amiibo mode you see on the main menu in episode 1.

But with less interesting stuff and you have to scan your amigo every turn for...some reason...

Woo...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I must be the only one who actually likes the car mechanic in MP 10. Every roll has meaning for all the players and the branching pads and extra die help you controll the path so you can make people lose stars or give stars to the last player instead of the first, while keeping the game short. It's still mostly random, that's Mario party but your choices effect the others more.

I liked the chasing boo in mp9 more, but the other boards in mp10 are very solid additions to this style of gameplay, especially the water world.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't fucking understand why they haven't just combined wario ware and mario party

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.