As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    it's not a fps but pillars of eternity actually has really accuate gun usage. you have early powder weapons and with weapon slots you can do things like fire two initial blunderbuss shots then switch to a melee weapon. I think coastal amurua were actually designed with this in mind.

Jars on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I can't wait until WW2 settings are in fashion again and they do remakes of all the original games of the shooter franchises

I can. I can wait forever, because WW2 is so boring. Sci-fi and fantasy and steampunk games should be the only ones made.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    You can't really have a run and gun FPS with pre-metallic cartridge firing weapons.

If you did a pike and shot era game and had the players as cavalry they'd be fast, have two horse pistols, one carbine and a sabre, that's three shots before needing to reload or close for melee. It could work.

I would be an objective based game, your objectives would be the giant pike blocks for your side and your opponents side. If you can get to the rear of an enemy pike block when it's engaged with one of yours, your pike block will win, and you need to keep the enemy from doing the same to you. Last side with troops on the field wins.

Bam. You got a game.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I want a really good old west based FPS with good multiplayer that isn't some Free to play thing.

But I'm weird and really like revolvers in FPS games.

it's some free to play thing, but Fistful of Frags is pretty cool

I get what you mean, though

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Sci-fi and fantasy and steampunk games should be the only ones made.

One of these thing is not like the others.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You can't really have a run and gun FPS with pre-metallic cartridge firing weapons.

If you did a pike and shot era game and had the players as cavalry they'd be fast, have two horse pistols, one carbine and a sabre, that's three shots before needing to reload or close for melee. It could work.

I would be an objective based game, your objectives would be the giant pike blocks for your side and your opponents side. If you can get to the rear of an enemy pike block when it's engaged with one of yours, your pike block will win, and you need to keep the enemy from doing the same to you. Last side with troops on the field wins.

Bam. You got a game.

Like a first person MOBA where the focus is on the creeps

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    I want a really good old west based FPS with good multiplayer that isn't some Free to play thing.

But I'm weird and really like revolvers in FPS games.

it's some free to play thing, but Fistful of Frags is pretty cool

I get what you mean, though

*bursts through the wall like the kool-aid man*

HEY IS SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT FISTFUL OF FRAGS IN HERE

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Bam. You got a game.

Let's all have a moment of silence for Monday Night Combat :(

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Red dead redemption online with gtav engine

• Options
    They really need to port that game to pc.

Get on it rockstar.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Call of Duty: Fallout

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fistful of Frags is game of the year every year

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Bam. You got a game.

SMNC :cry:

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh I guess Silent Hills got canceled?

I was kinda looking forward to that after PT.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Well Kojima's out, so

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    that seems like big news?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    That shadow run shooter wasn't that bad...

no it was bad and shallow. like, 7 guns, design choices tat made little sense, 4 maps and like 3 game modes.

yeah you could have maybe built a game out of the foundation but as a final product? nah. it bad.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

no it was bad and shallow. like, 7 guns, design choices tat made little sense, 4 maps and like 3 game modes.

yeah you could have maybe built a game out of the foundation but as a final product? nah. it bad.

To be fair I am judging it on the beta demo version cause I never paid for the full game.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I liked it a lot, actually!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Well Kojima's out, so
    And Del Toro's heart is too greasy :(

• Options
    Speaking of shooters that no one else seemed to like but I personally loved:

I finally remembered the name of the game that Hawken reminds me a ton of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG6ok9-nJR4

Anyone else play this thing?

(Hawken continues to be rad, btw, got elite status on my Reaper, just unlocked the Brawler, going from an A-Class to a C-Class mech is going to be a weird change of pace.)

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »

Well Kojima's out, so
    And Del Toro's heart is too greasy :(

Eh, when movie people "get involved" with video games, I imagine the actual connection is tenuous at best.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    While I'm still waiting for it to complete because my trust in early access is totally non existent, I've heard this is promising on the Fantasy FPS front

https://youtu.be/Ja9f9EXHKas

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Bam. You got a game.

I was one of the weirdos that preferred SMNC to MNC. I felt that MNC just devolved into "go assassin/sniper/gunner, rush the enemy base at the start of the match, fuck everything else."
    You can still occasionally find SMNC matches since people still want the TF2 items, and rarely a few of the old community members organize PUGs.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I was that one idiot who was actually pushing bots in MNC

It was me, I was that one guy

EDIT: To be fair, in MNC, Tank could kill an entire bot wave with a single death blossom

Maddoc on
  • Options
    MNC was really fun till everyone discovered the bug that let you damage the enemy core without pushing bots their first and then microsoft's horrendous 360 patching policies kept Uber Entertainment from fixing it for several months...

• Options
    Also the technician guy was super overpowered.

I only played as him so I should know.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Bam. You got a game.

I was one of the weirdos that preferred SMNC to MNC. I felt that MNC just devolved into "go assassin/sniper/gunner, rush the enemy base at the start of the match, fuck everything else."
    You can still occasionally find SMNC matches since people still want the TF2 items, and rarely a few of the old community members organize PUGs.
    9B3319BCF60FE711D5A98BF0D37513517B9D1FBC

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

where'd you hear this?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I wish people would stop boosting away from me when I'm trying to repair them as a technician in Hawken

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Whenever I see "Hawken", I read it as "Hexen" and have to pause

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you ever play the hexen mod for doom 3? it's pretty doom 3 as hexen

• Options

where'd you hear this?

Guillermo del Toro said it on a panel, and Norman Reedus confirmed it on Twitter.

http://www.avclub.com/article/star-studded-horror-game-silent-hills-has-apparent-218564

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

where'd you hear this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

• Options
    Norman reedus is a funny name.

• Options
    Norman reedus is a funny name.

Not as funny as Rorman Needus

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    so me and @JohnHam were just talking

about how fucking excellent the original Monday Night Combat was

and after doing some looking, it's currently only 5 bucks on steam, and the servers are still running

the catch being that the servers are completely deserted

so the question is

who wants to get back into MNC with us

if at least six people want to we can get some games going

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I would be down, and I know Winter Flea/Indie Winter is a potential as well

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    @ThatDudeOverThere would almost definitely be down for this

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    so me and @JohnHam were just talking

about how fucking excellent the original Monday Night Combat was

and after doing some looking, it's currently only 5 bucks on steam, and the servers are still running

the catch being that the servers are completely deserted

so the question is

who wants to get back into MNC with us

if at least six people want to we can get some games going

I'd be down

This discussion has been closed.