As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Grumps] This thread is laughably naive.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I would rather a mechanic that caught everyone up to striking distance of first place, rather than smash first place into last place.

I know Bowser effing with people is the norm in Mario party, but it wasn't as dickish as that Bowser revolution crap.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I mean it's not like the game is a 1/10, though some of the mechanics I've seen are pretty infuriating and made only to handicap first place. I'm sure I could get used to the car since the board looks better paced in 10, but man I really didn't like it in 9.

It takes some getting used to, as is evendenced when Ross has the option between two paths, and takes the one that gives him no stars, while the next (two) players have a high chance of getting stars if they roll higher then one. In mp9 and 10 you really should use the b button to look ahead so you know what roads to take.

The car mechanic can be easily overlooked as just for speed, but MP has a bit more depth then people give it credit for. For me the game scores a solid 7/10.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I really think they need to give Mario 64 a rest for a while. It's not so much that Arin is terrible at it. It's that his commentary at this point is almost entirely just bitching about the game.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I really think they need to give Mario 64 a rest for a while. It's not so much that Arin is terrible at it. It's that his commentary at this point is almost entirely just bitching about the game.

I much prefer that they have fun with the games they play, as it gives them a good mood, and their commentary benefits. Even if the game gets hard and Arin starts freaking out, he still has fun.

Case in point: Ninja Gaiden. Arin was very clearly having fun with it. Even with NES graphic glitches and being dropped to the beginning of the last stage, he still enjoyed himself.

Even though I have zero interest in Bloodborne (mainly because I dislike Dark Souls), I'd rather watch Arin play that and enjoy himself than watch him be bad at a game he doesn't like while vocalizing how much he doesn't like it.

They need to shake things up a bit. The next big series should be Dan playing something (he does want to play Link Between Worlds). I really enjoy Dan playing stuff because he gets so into it. I recently finished watching the Shadow of the Colossus play and it was great. Not to mention Legend of Zelda II or Punch Out.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    In no world are the 100 coin challenges fun, especially if you don't know the tricks to get the maximum coins out of things - such as running around poles a few times or kicking an enemy/buttstomping an enemy instead of just jumping on its head. In fact, there's a couple levels that can't be completed without those tricks, because there are only 101 coins available.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Guys. There's been a major scientific breakthrough.

http://youtu.be/T--FlNK61OY

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    They really should have done that with glamour shots on each month.

Arin, Barry, Danny, Kevin, Ross, Suzie, Burgie..........round out the rest with Dan's Dad, Holly, Zomburgie for Halloween, try and get Markiplier to do one in a bowtie and nothing else, and a group shot.

That's 12 right?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That latest Mario Party is really funny. The shapes game was ridiculous.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it weird that I expected the calendar to be full of art and not photos?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I mean, the channel has like three artists and you can do Mycaruba March and of course a tasteful Wolfjob June.

I'd say there are legal issues with like, Mayor Luigi art, but they literally have a band that uses other IPs so yeah.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Probably trying to stay away from anything that could possibly get them in trouble, just in case.

Except wolfjob. Pretty sure nobody would want to put that up on their wall. The in-laws might have some awkward questions.

Edit: Actually, one of Barry's "Wolf at work" ones would be great, as an in-joke.

Astale on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    God damn, I love tired grumps.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I mean, the channel has like three artists and you can do Mycaruba March and of course a tasteful Wolfjob June.

I'd say there are legal issues with like, Mayor Luigi art, but they literally have a band that uses other IPs so yeah.

Art is subjective. Arin's chins are universal.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

qn1GwoR.png
    cEafo6J.jpg
    7/10, good job

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I would rather a mechanic that caught everyone up to striking distance of first place, rather than smash first place into last place.

I know Bowser effing with people is the norm in Mario party, but it wasn't as dickish as that Bowser revolution crap.

bowser revolution has been something bowser can do to the players for landing on his space since the beginning of the series

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I didn't even notice the Ginyu pose. That's awesome.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh god. Tick Tock Clock. It's everything I could have hoped for!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Ross is jaice its too good

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Of course Ross is the Australian Ginyu

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Best part: The calendApril will likely not arrive in April unless you order fast shipping today. Maybe put this up in the middle of the month?

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular

No fucking way. It's been incredible, and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    The end of the latest Mario episode

"Why are they out of sync now?!"

I hope they never find out the trick

• Options
    Arin's whining is annoying when it's actually a good game. When he's flipping out it's hilarious, but him saying he hates the game over and over gets old.

He can't go over bad things like in Sonic Boom because Mario 64 doesn't have flaws to that extent. So it's just the same whining on loop.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Arin's whining is annoying when it's actually a good game.

I don't think they are currently playing any good games, so I guess I'm not as bothered by it :rotate:

• Options
    Yeah, I'm kind of the opinion he should just finish mario as well.

Only so many times he can spend an entire episode trying to get a hundred coins and failing miserably.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    They should just get all the non-100 coins stars. Finding Tick Tock Clock was a good thing, I think. Last episode was pretty great.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    theyve come this far
    120 just give Barry the controller

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »

I don't think they are currently playing any good games, so I guess I'm not as bothered by it :rotate:

Hey, take that back, Munchables is awesome.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I mostly regard the Wii has having been a dumping ground precursor for all of the third-party cash-in trash that migrated to Steam after the Wii retired, but every once in a while I'll see one that looks like something I'd want to play a little bit. Munchables is definitely one of those games, even if it's on the simplistic side.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »

Hey, take that back, Munchables is awesome.

Well... Ok. Poop-fetish onion-head guy is really carrying that show tho.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I mostly regard the Wii has having been a dumping ground precursor for all of the third-party cash-in trash that migrated to Steam after the Wii retired, but every once in a while I'll see one that looks like something I'd want to play a little bit. Munchables is definitely one of those games, even if it's on the simplistic side.

The Wii had some excellent titles on it, though.

Okami (yes it's a PS2 game, but it's awesome)
    Muramasa: Demon Blade
    Red Steel 2 (forget the other one, this one is boss)
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Twilight Princess (also Skyward Sword, but I don't have that one)
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

Not to mention backwards compatibility with Gamecube games and the virtual console. Yeah, it attracted some bad games, but all consoles get their bad games.

Speaking of Okami, though, they should totally have Danny play it. I think he'd really dig it. It's a gorgeous game.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »

Smash Bros Brawl
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

Not to mention backwards compatibility with Gamecube games and the virtual console. Yeah, it attracted some bad games, but all consoles get their bad games.

Speaking of Okami, though, they should totally have Danny play it. I think he'd really dig it. It's a gorgeous game.

As much as I love Okami, the billion hours of unskippable dialogues would make it a terrible Grumps game.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Zomro wrote: »

Smash Bros Brawl
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

As much as I love Okami, the billion hours of unskippable dialogues would make it a terrible Grumps game.

It's been a while since I've played it, so I can't really remember it too well. A shame if so, I can imagine Danny's reaction to it. I see a lot of, "Ohh I love it"

• Options
    Isn't Unskippable Dialogue the source of funny voices?

In that case, make it a GrumpCade with Ross and Barry along for the ride.

• Options
    It depends.

Sometimes you get solid gold like Trauma Center, and other times you get that weird dating sim game which wears thin after a while.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Isn't Unskippable Dialogue the source of funny voices?

In that case, make it a GrumpCade with Ross and Barry along for the ride.

40 hours of terrible Ross voices would be a nightmare.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The end of the latest Mario episode

"Why are they out of sync now?!"

I hope they never find out the trick

It does involve talking to a Toad and reading a conversation to figure it out, so of course they'll never find out.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    They seem to be willing to at least use google if it's getting ridiculous though.