As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Games and Backlog thread

1131415161719»

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That's a pretty dense list. You'll have to manage the more light hearted ones well or else you'll end up with a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Divinity slugfest to wade through. If you're trying to be guide-free as well then Fez and La Mulana would be good to space out too.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah...that's what some friends have told me.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Annnd South Park is done. Man that game was waaaaay more fun than it'd deserved to be.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Ok I've downed BBS and RE:Remake now. I probably should tackle one of those huge RPGs now...

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 is pretty good.

it is mechanically one of the best games I played in 2013

the writing is mostly atrocious though

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    also it looked really good

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hello old game thread.

Homeworld 2's "dynamic difficulty" is fucking horseshit! There's nothing dynamic about setting the lever all the way up AND being psychic and customizing the enemy fleet to exactly counter mine!

That is all.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 is pretty good.

it is mechanically one of the best games I played in 2013

the writing is mostly atrocious though

Stupid FC3 and its stupid outposts. Why do you have to be so fun?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hello old game thread.

Homeworld 2's "dynamic difficulty" is fucking horseshit! There's nothing dynamic about setting the lever all the way up AND being psychic and customizing the enemy fleet to exactly counter mine!

That is all.

having you considered gitting gud

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hello old game thread.

That is all.

having you considered gitting gud

If I could git gud at RTSs I feel like it would have happened by now.

I fucking suck at RTS games, but I love playing them. I just like moving my little dudes around and watching them fight.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I forgot how completely unforgiving Company of Heroes could be (and how terrible I am at rts games) until I found my discs for the first one a couple weeks ago

• Options
    Phew...FC3 done. Man, Ubi game design. I mean, I had fun liberating Outposts but it really got grindy by the end. Anyway I seriously need something a bit more happy after this game.
    1. FFX-2 HD
    2. KH 2 HD
    3. Half Life 2
    4. Fez
    5. Ys Origin
    6. Beyond Oasis
    7. Phantasy Star 2
    8. Phantasy Star 3
    9. Phantasy Star 4
    10. FFIX
    11. La Mulana
    12. Divinity OS
    13. FF 8
    14. FF 4
    15. FF 3
    16. Valiant Hearts
    17. Captain Toad

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Kinda a backlog game, I really want to play Payday 2 and be good at it but i have zero idea where to start, especially since i have no microphone.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm currently playing King of Dragon Pass, a great little civ management/role-playing game that I didn't know existed until it came up during a GOG.com flash sale.

I also picked up Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 for a few bucks each last weekend and am currently working my way through the first one.

I'm having a much easier time with it now than when I was a young little keeper.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I've been playing digimon world 1 which I played a bunch as a kid and it was super hard.

However thanks to data mining and the internet its like 10000 times easier and I pulled something off that was the same level as mew myth back in the day.

So hype.

1aUn4dy7ur

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    Kinda a backlog game, I really want to play Payday 2 and be good at it but i have zero idea where to start, especially since i have no microphone.

G&T has a very active payday thread that can help you.

• Options
    GOG.com has a disgusting D&D game sale going on right now.

I had already been itching to buy Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 for a couple of weeks.

My backlog has increased.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I bought Guild Wars 2 last night when it was on sale for 10. And I have Trails in the Sky coming from amazon. I don't think I'm even trying to beat my backlog now.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    I did a bunch of modding of BG and BG2, one of which just merges them into the same game and I am having a good time. I had only played BG2 in the past, so I'm meeting all sorts of characters who I know are going to die sometime in the near future!

My character is a rad bard lady, I just met Minsc, and I'm wandering around with a talking chicken under my arm. Things are great.

• Options
    Koveras is Sarevok backwards!!!

THAT CRAFT PEE O ESS

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    this isn't clearing a backlog so much as revisiting old favorites, but I'm replaying through the first four ratchet and clank games again, and I'm borrowing my sister's copy of skies of arcadia legends