As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [PHALLA] of Ice and Fire - Littlefinger is King

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    So it is written in the Book of Rage

Unknown User on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    So it is written in the Book of Rage

Ominous, to say the least.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys.

I'm with House Harkonnen.

The spice must flow.

Squashua on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Guys.

The spice must flow.

Psst... I think you might be confused Squash. You're as likely to be from Harkonnen as I am to be from Atreides.

And what will happen to you once PK accends to the rank of God Emperor once more?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Guys.

The spice must flow.

The Noble House Atreides will put an end to your tyrannical reign!

Also, Squash, you need to change your avatar back to your namesake. 'Tis the season and all that.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I was thinking of going all the way back to my traditional Dachshund pic...

Squashua on
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here’s a thought, but I haven’t thought through the ramifications so it might be dumb.

Simply to avoid random kills:

What if we asked each House assassin or whatever to kill a specific target? Then tonight when the smoke clears we’ll know which houses are in play and whether or not they get kills.

If it’s a dumb idea, just let me know and we can pretend it never happened.

Jester313 on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    Here’s a thought, but I haven’t thought through the ramifications so it might be dumb.

What if we asked each House assassin or whatever to kill a specific target? Then tonight when the smoke clears we’ll know which houses are in play and whether or not they get kills.

Why would the house assassins want anyone to know they existed, if they did in fact exist?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ottawa_Parliment_SM.JPG

Oats on
    edited October 2007
    Oatway wrote: »
    Ottawa_Parliment_SM.JPG

*stands to attention and stares out at the House from his window*

O Canada! Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!
    From far and wide, O Canada,
    We stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our land
    Glorious and free!
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

You and me Oatway, we're like this

I'm going to make up for all the wrong I've done you.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »

Why would the house assassins want anyone to know they existed, if they did in fact exist?

No idea. I'm just trying to find some organization in the chaos.

Jester313 on
    edited October 2007
    I don't see much chaos. Just the usual day 1 speculation.

Unknown User on
    edited October 2007
    Yeah but I heard Jester sucks at Phalla
    <3

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2007
    I guess my problem is the lack of a "village voice". It's making me paranoid.

Also, I suck at Phalla.

Jester313 on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Plutonium shouted at me, so I guess it is time to get up to date. You, Jester, serve your new king by summarising everything that has been said in the thread with one word.

Also, !Vic

This might not be actually possible. I shall read the rules and get back to that. Meanwhile, I expect the rest of you peasants to start voting for me.

Vic on
    edited October 2007
    done!

!vic

Unknown User on
    edited October 2007
    Hey, he asked for it!

!Vic

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2007
    Haha, I totally asked for that.

Now stop. Seriously.

Vic on
    edited October 2007
    To avoid people drawing (wrong) conclusions from my avatar, I switched it for a picture of a turnip.

And by wrong, I mean wrong unless you are a lannister. In that case, I am totally a lannister too. But don't tell anyone.

Oh, wai...

I am going to die day one ain't I?

Vic on
    edited October 2007
    I don't think Seriously is playing this game.

HE IS UNSTOPPABLE!

Unknown User on
    edited October 2007
    It is clearly because he is a stark. The men of the north, and all that.

I am onto you robothero!

Vic on
    edited October 2007
    Pre-game shenanigans. I'll be changing it in a few days when Oregon Trail Phalla starts in D&D.

Unknown User on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The cat's out of the bag then? Interesting.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So considering I am entirely lazy and care not to read a wiki, who can give me quick rundown of Ice and Fire stuff?

I want it in less then 15 sentences.

precisionk on
    edited October 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    So considering I am entirely lazy and care not to read a wiki, who can give me quick rundown of Ice and Fire stuff?

People who seek positions of power within a continent-spanning war in a medieval setting get killed in horrible ways.

Romantic Undead on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did Vic really just admit to being a Lannister? I missed what his previous avatar was. Sarcasm on the internet!

Qorzm on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

People who seek positions of power within a continent-spanning war in a medieval setting get killed in horrible ways.

Excellent, what I am looking for. Are there factions and or specific groups of badness?

precisionk on
    edited October 2007
    My previous avatar was a bad-ass image of Jaime. And yes, that was a poor attempt at internet sarcasm.

SUMMARY OF THE PLOT
    Robert Baratheon, the "Usurper" is the king of the seven kingdoms, of which he stole the crown from the Rhaegar Targaryen, the last (no, not really) of his house. In the books Roberts Hand (advisor) has been murdered and he calls for Ned Stark to take his place. Ned Stark soon discovers that Cersei Lannister, Roberts wife, is plotting to kill Robert and that their children are not actually Roberts but rather fruits of her incestuous relationship with her brother Jaime Lannister. Cercei murders Robert and executes Ned Stark, taking the crown for herself by making her son Joffrey king.

This leads to widespread rebellion, as not everyone is pleased with this turn of events. Roberts brothers Stannis and Renly both gather armies to take the throne, and Neds son Robb Stark takes up arms against the Lannisters. This leads to a four way war, with each faction wanting the throne for themself (except possibly robb, who mostly wants revenge). And that is basically where we are at, I think.

edited for grammar

Vic on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    We only have speculation to go on so far.

People have speculated that there are as few as four (4) factions and as many as 13 (based on Cheez's 3 man group).

Pluto has stated that this is "last team standing wins" game, implying there are no bad guys, yet DA and others have stated that certain groups were more likely to be evil than others.

Again, all we have right now is speculation.

durax on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I'll do it

Minor (Background) spoilers:
    Welcome to Westeros. There are a bunch of intermarried noble houses in Westeros, most prominantly, the Targaryens, The Starks, The Lannisters, and the Baratheons, and a few assorted others.

For 300 years, the Throne has belonged to the Targaryens, who had a propensity for inbreeding, resulting in Westeros going to shit under the reign of the Mad King, Aerys Targaryen II, a crazy pyro motherfucker, who had a much less crazy and actually very noble son, Rhaegar.

Enter our first generation of characters: Robert Baratheon, Eddard "Ned" Stark, and Tywin Lannister, the leaders of the other three prominent houses.

What happened was this: Robert and Ned were best friends, and Robert was going to marry Ned's beautiful sister, Lyanna Stark. Enter Rhaegar - who, even though he was already married with 2 small children, kidnaps Lyanna, for unknown reasons.

This is the last straw for Robert and Ned, who declare war on the Targaryens. During the war, at the Battle of the Trident, Robert kills Rhaegar with a mighty blow to the chest from his War Hammer. The war ends when House Lannister, known for being very rich, double-crosses the Targaryens and sacks their capital, and Jaime Lannister, the son of Tywin Lannister and a supposedly sworn bodyguard of the King Aerys II, kills the king, instead of letting him burn the city to the ground, as he wanted to, being a crazy pyro motherfucker. Lyanna also dies mysteriously, along with Rhaegar's wife and two children.

So, Robert becomes King, and has to marry Cersei Lannister, a huge cunt and Jaime's twin sister, while Jon Arryn, Robert's father-figure, becomes his hand - basically the Chief of Staff for the King.

Cersei however, being a huge cunt and a psyco-bitch in her own right, was sleeping with her twin brother, and her and Robert's three children aren't actually Robert's, which Jon Arryn finds out, and is soonafter killed for.

So Robert calls up his best friend Ned, and asks him to be his new hand. However, Robert "dies mysteriously" in a hunting accident, and this is the start of the books.

Plutonium on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Edit: Ooo.....aren't you all ninja like.

Not really game related:
    I thought it came out that Arryn was killed by his wife at Peter's urging. Makes me wonder how much the whole Lannister thing had to do with it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited October 2007

Not really game related:
    I thought it came out that Arryn was killed by his wife at Peter's urging. Makes me wonder how much the whole Lannister thing had to do with it.

Yes, Jon Arryn was killed by his much younger wife, Lysa, who was very much in love with Petyr. I'm pretty sure that Cersei very much wanted Arryn silenced though.

Plutonium on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I jump on the !DevoutlyApathetic bandwagon.

And to show my support, I will allow a !proxy vote by DevoutlyApathetic on my behalf for whomever he feels needs to be executed.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited October 2007
    The fuck is a proxy vote? I didn't say anyways was allowed to vote for you.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

Not really game related:

Yes, Jon Arryn was killed by his much younger wife, Lysa, who was very much in love with Petyr. I'm pretty sure that Cersei very much wanted Arryn silenced though.

I need to reread Game, I'm curious
    Just how much Jon actually knew. It's clear that Petyr was well aware of the incest and since he guided Ned quite a bit in his investigations... it'd be kinda sad if Jon died simply so Petyr could cause some chaos to benifit him. Though we're only told that Jon is a good guy, he could have been a giant douche for all we know.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2007

Not really game related:

I need to reread Game, I'm curious
    Just how much Jon actually knew. It's clear that Petyr was well aware of the incest and since he guided Ned quite a bit in his investigations... it'd be kinda sad if Jon died simply so Petyr could cause some chaos to benifit him. Though we're only told that Jon is a good guy, he could have been a giant douche for all we know.

Major Spoilers:
    Jon knew everything, because Ned found out what he knew in the course of investigating his death and following his steps and research. The key was the hair color of the Cersei's children. They're were already rumors that Cersei and Jaime were fooling around, and all of the royal children were blond, while every single member of the Baratheon dynasty had dark hair, including all of Robert's bastards.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    Major Spoilers:
    Jon knew everything, because Ned found out what he knew in the course of investigating his death and following his steps and research. The key was the hair color of the Cersei's children. They're were already rumors that Cersei and Jaime were fooling around, and all of the royal children were blond, while every single member of the Baratheon dynasty had dark hair, including all of Robert's bastards.
    Was there a journal of Arryn's or something? I seem to remember him writing something cryptic that mentioned it.

I remember Ned following in Jon's footsteps but I couldn't remember how he knew what Jon had done. Since everybody loyal to Ned was in the north at the time I was wondering just how much subtle direction or coercion of witnesses Petyr had done to point Ned in the direction he wanted him to be pointed in.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The fuck is a proxy vote? I didn't say anyways was allowed to vote for you.

Sorry, I've seen it done before, didn't know it was specific to individual Phallas.

I !retract proxy vote.

Hey, !Vic looks pretty popular.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited October 2007
    Major Spoilers:
    Was there a journal of Arryn's or something? I seem to remember him writing something cryptic that mentioned it.

I remember Ned following in Jon's footsteps but I couldn't remember how he knew what Jon had done. Since everybody loyal to Ned was in the north at the time I was wondering just how much subtle direction or coercion of witnesses Petyr had done to point Ned in the direction he wanted him to be pointed in.
    I figure this was the course of events.

Petyr knows everything that goes on in Westeros, but doesn't really wield any public power. So Petyr has Jon Arryn killed, knowing that he would be replaced by Ned Stark. Petyr goads Ned into finding out the secret of the Lannister's incest and feigns suprise, and because he has the city guard on his payroll, promises to helps Ned arrest Cersei. However, at the last moment, Petyr betrays Ned, and Ned is killed, but not before the incest is exposed.

So the War of the Five Kings starts. Stannis and his estranged gay brother Renly believe they each should be King over Westeros, becuase the Lannister children are illegitimate. Robb Stark wants to be king in a new independent north, Balon Greyjoy thinks he should be King in a new independent Iron islands, and Cersei Lannister thinks her son Joffrey should be King.

Basically at the end of the war, the only one who comes out ahead is Petyr, who now controls a huge dominion.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2007
    Could someone start a bandwagon on someone who is not me?

Preferably soon.

Vic on