As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Foreign Exchange Student Decision

sparrowwsparroww Registered User new member
My family is hosting a foreign exchange student from Spain this summer for one month. I have a choice between two students, a boy and a girl. I am a girl so initially I was going to go with her but from looking at their applications I have a lot more in common with the boy and might not get along with the girl. However, I might be slightly more comfortable with the girl but I've heard hosting a boy could be easier. They are coming as a group though so I will be seeing a lot of all of them. I'm having a really hard time deciding who to go with.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    If you think you're going to be more comfortable with the boy, host him. Host families are a huge part of the experience for study abroad/foreign exchange things.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I wouldn't go by broad generalizations like "boys are usually easier." What you said about what you have in common and could help you get along is probably the most important, followed by whether you generally get along with boys or girls better. If you're someone who has very few male friends that aren't romantic, you may want to invite the girl. If you get along with guys just fine, then go with the boy whose application looks more compatible.