As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MSPA|Homestuck] Get back to work, Zay.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one thing i forgot about that was recent:
    JOHN: ok, there is one last thing i have to do.
    TEREZI: WH4T
    JOHN: it says i have to give you my wallet.
    TEREZI: WH4T??
    JOHN: but...
    JOHN: i don't actually have my wallet?
    TEREZI: YOU DONT?
    JOHN: no.
    JOHN: i lost it years ago.
    JOHN: i think i gave it to...
    JOHN: damn. who was it.
    JOHN: liv tyler, the bunny?
    JOHN: or was it that short chess dude.
    JOHN: shit!
    TEREZI: WHY WOULD 1 T3LL YOU TO G1V3 M3 YOUR W4LL3T 1F YOU DON'T H4V3 1T
    JOHN: i guess you didn't realize i lost it??
    JOHN: hell, even i can't remember what items we still have half the time.
    JOHN: terezi, just between you, me, unconscious vriska, and that dumb clown there, this adventure has been one huge mess.

john didn't actually fulfill Terezi's plan

and now i need to go back and see what was in the wallet pre-cascade. I know it got stolen because it had the tumor in it but i assume that's not what she was talking about

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Vote for Mayor for Hugs!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    What if she mean Jane's wallet?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    was it the metric ton of shaving cream?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

My first guess looking back is that it was one of liv Tyler's weapons

The quills of echidna are used for the scratch

Ahabs crosshairs seems mainly like just a really strong gun

That leaves the warhammer of zillyhoo or the deringer

With the way the life and void rings are playing so heavily into the story, the deringer might be important

On the other hand the warhammer of zillyhoo has a connection to trickster bullshit and who knows how exactly that's going to be relevant

• Options
    It could just be needing the wallet to store something.

Aren't the wallets a fairly no-bullshit inventory system?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

I thought the shaving cream got used

to blow up jade

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I guess the wallet is with l'il cal...

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    The CD that got killed by Jack has it:

03929.gif

Checking to see what was in it. Pretty sure just shaving cream.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    The CD that got killed by Jack has it:

03929.gif

Checking to see what was in it. Pretty sure just shaving cream.

Jack took the wallet and stuck it inside Lil Cal, it ended up on Alternia and that's why some of Dad's things are littered about, like the Crosbytop

In the recent stuff John speculates they just needed it to store something big, since it doesn't have any size restrictions on what can be captcha'd

but jade's space powers seems to make that concern pretty moot? Unless they specifically needed to captcha something big during the voyage to B2

• Options
    oh hey wait a second

Ahab's Crosshairs is a juju

John receives it from Liv Tyler

It travels to Alternia with Lil Cal

Eridan gets ahold of it

He sends it to Jade

Jade throws it away

it ends up in B2

Jake gives it to Liv Tyler

powerful item, no discernible origin

jujuuuuuuuuuu

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »

I thought the shaving cream got used

to blow up jade

04100_2.gif

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    wait no eridan sent her the code for the crosshairs, if it was a juju it shouldn't have been duplicable, or else the original should've vanished which i'm not seeing happen

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I'm a little confused, how is Vriska alive now?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    motherfuckin shenanigans

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    (John saved her by knocking her out before Terezi could murder her, using his retjohn juju powers)

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    retcon powers

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Goatmon wrote: »

John, guided by Terezi, used his retcon powers to jump back to the moment that Terezi killed Vriska. He punched her out, which was the sort of retrospectively obvious solution to the problem that Terezi couldn't think of at the time. KOing her prevented her from attracting Jack's attention while also letting her live

and now a whole bunch of stuff is different because Vriska lived, among other things. Terezi isn't all torn up about romance because she told herself not to worry about it, and she stopped herself from killing vriska so she wasn't so torn up with guilt

Vriska's obviously helping out but I have a feeling that she's overestimating her importance here and underestimating Terezi's

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

John, guided by Terezi, used his retcon powers to jump back to the moment that Terezi killed Vriska. He punched her out, which was the sort of retrospectively obvious solution to the problem that Terezi couldn't think of at the time. KOing her prevented her from attracting Jack's attention while also letting her live

and now a whole bunch of stuff is different because Vriska lived, among other things. Terezi isn't all torn up about romance because she told herself not to worry about it, and she stopped herself from killing vriska so she wasn't so torn up with guilt

Vriska's obviously helping out but I have a feeling that she's overestimating her importance here and underestimating Terezi's

classic vriska

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    (John saved her by knocking her out before Terezi could murder her, using his retjohn juju powers)

Oh yeah.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    hmm I kind of think the thing vriska's going to have to leave to do shortly is die doing something about the two becs
    or die doing something to prevent the condesce from mind controlling jade, so she can keep the becs under control

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    have we ever seen a god tier Alive Jade interact with Bec'd Jack/PM
    those would be some neat pets to have in a fight

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    Updoot

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    d'awww

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yay happy motherdaughter-daughtermother reunion

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    A brief moment of joy before the culling resumes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    I just can't help but feel like Hussie wrote himself into a corner, which prompted the need to make Game Over so there was a reason to basically redo huge swathes of Act 6.

I dont think so... there's always been this theme in homestuck of the heroes being entirely screwed and needing a hail mary pass. Game Over was just another escalation and variation on the theme.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this update gave me the warmest fuzzies

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Highest hope: All of Vriska's "I'm the leader" garbage gets swept away as John and Roxy effortlessly assume command of the whole operation, and galvanize Karkat back out of his funk to complete the Team Leader Triumvirate. Vriska flips out about this, runs off to do something reckless and egotistical without considering the consequences, and we discover that this whole arc has just been a convoluted way to give us the unparalleled gift of watching her die a second third time.
    (If you like Vriska, I'm OK with that, different people can like different things. But I'm pretty sick of her personally.)

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    A brief moment of joy before the culling resumes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeE3443Fzo

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Highest hope: All of Vriska's "I'm the leader" garbage gets swept away as John and Roxy effortlessly assume command of the whole operation, and galvanize Karkat back out of his funk to complete the Team Leader Triumvirate. Vriska flips out about this, runs off to do something reckless and egotistical without considering the consequences, and we discover that this whole arc has just been a convoluted way to give us the unparalleled gift of watching her die a second third time.
    (If you like Vriska, I'm OK with that, different people can like different things. But I'm pretty sick of her personally.)

so, like, A6A6I4 again? couldn't we just reread the last act/intermission?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm trying to click agree on John's last statement but Hussie won't let me

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

so, like, A6A6I4 again? couldn't we just reread the last act/intermission?

We technically kinda are.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Alright Vriska you are currently pretty on point with these decisions but i am watching you so hard

• Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who keeps getting false alarms within the past 10 minutes on MSPANotify? I have tried a few things (but have not yet turned it off), but the notifications keep coming. I think this is just me, but I wanted to check.

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Your MSPANotifier is tuned into paradox space, dude. You're getting update alerts for all the doomed timeline updates.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Guys why is Tavros my troll? Why couldn't I have gotten Karkat?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

Look, man, statistically speaking someone has to have Tavros and you drew the short straw. It could be worse though. Mine's Eridan.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

Look, man, statistically speaking someone has to have Tavros and you drew the short straw. It could be worse though. Mine's Eridan.

At least Eridan was kinda funny in his own messed up way! Tavros is just depressing.

Good thing I share the same name as the best human kid (Dave, Dave is the best human kid).

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Dave and Roxy are co-best.

You share the same name as a best human kid.

This discussion has been closed.