As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    oh jeez

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Dude Matt Barnes seems like a total liability

I dunno I just don't like the guy

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    gg sperz

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being the tightest series of the postseason. Seems every game I'm about to have a damn heart attack. Probably won't change Thursday either!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Finally catching up on some of the games I had recorded over the weekend. The fourth game between the Cavs and Celtics was disgusting. If I want to see biased announcers and bad calls, I'll stick with the NCAA. Were the two commentators the regular guys for Boston's home games? They didn't have a thing to say when Olynyk tried to cripple Kevin Love, disputed every call made against Boston, and, I shit you not, literally cheered when the Celtics made shots. Hubie Brown may as well have had on a Boston jersey.

Regarding the fourth Wizards/Raptors match-up;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AsRLMrwjlg&index=1&list=RD9AsRLMrwjlg

Paul Pierce was right!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dude Matt Barnes seems like a total liability

I dunno I just don't like the guy

He used to be an upper echelon defender but he's not anymore so yeah I agree that he's become a liability. Even if the Clips somehow pulled off this series I expect him and most of that bench to be gone before next season.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Looks like Billy Donovan will be the next head coach of the Thunder.

Boo.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    That's a good signing for them but I think they lose Durant either way.

• Options
    Looks like Billy Donovan will be the next head coach of the Thunder.

Boo.

GODDAMNIT

kyrcl.png
  • Options

I'm not so sure. What destination looks any better?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Anywhere in the East, probably.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

He could come home to DC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    As long as he stays off the Lakers and knicks

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't think anyone interested in a championship can or is considering New York. James Dolan is terrible, Phil Jackson doesn't appear to actually know how to GM or care if they succeed, and everyone knows this.
    Balefuego wrote: »

He could come home to DC

Wouldn't you think them being in the East is at least partially offset by the fact that OKC's current roster when healthy is a much better team?

Butters on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone interested in a championship can or is considering New York. James Dolan is terrible, Phil Jackson doesn't appear to actually know how to GM or care if they succeed, and everyone knows this.

He could come home to DC

Wouldn't you think them being in the East is at least partially offset by the fact that OKC's current roster when healthy is a much better team?

I don't think that is the case. Especially if Truth sticks around, he obviously comes off the bench, that already gives the Wizards better bench scoring than anyone on the Thunder.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    am i crazy or did the Spurs win last night despite the Clippers having Manu Ginobli as their sixth man?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Truth is 37 years old.

• Options
    Truth is 37 years old.

Hey, if Tim Duncan can keep playing...

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Tim Duncan is one of the 10 greatest of all time and still plays at a much higher level than Pierce. Hell he's still a top 20 player right now. The guy is truly unbelievable.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Tim Duncan is one of the 10 greatest of all time and still plays at a much higher level than Pierce. Hell he's still a top 20 player right now. The guy is truly unbelievable.

when he retires it'll be crazy

assuming any of us are still alive then

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Teague nooooo

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

He could come home to DC

Wall/Beal/Durant would win 60 games in the east, and if Otto Porter is actually good now that makes them even better.

Ibaka is obv a much better 3rd banana than Beal at this point but Beal absolutely has the potential to grow up into a Klay Thompsonesque killer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    OKC could be the best team in the league if it weren't for injuries. They have 2 legit MVP-caliber players in the team. I don't see the point of Durant moving to the East if he wants to win. He may have a higher record in the regular season if he were in the East, but they're gonna have to face a Western team in the finals eventually. And besides, it's not like the core of the team (Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka) is old, they're still pretty young.

I just don't see the point of moving to another team if he wants to win, he's already in one of the best teams and it's not like there are any chemistry problems since the team looks like it likes each other. All they need is a better coach, though I don't know if Billy Donovan is it.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    ok let's win on the road in the playoffs for once Hawks

Xehalus on
  • Options

He could come home to DC

Wall/Beal/Durant would win 60 games in the east, and if Otto Porter is actually good now that makes them even better.

Ibaka is obv a much better 3rd banana than Beal at this point but Beal absolutely has the potential to grow up into a Klay Thompsonesque killer.

I don't know if I'll put his potential in that category but Beal is a good 2-guard and there aren't too many of those these days. I think OKC should be the front-runner to retain both Durant and Westbrook but only if they show they are willing to spend more money. If they refuse to go over the tax like they did in trading Harden then I expect them both to walk.

• Options
    Lamarcus is playing so tired and hesitant

I know Zbo is exhausting but I think LA has been over it for a few weeks now

Plz don't leave bro

• Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    At least Lillard is having a good game. He must be really happy that Conley isn't there to guard him.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    God this crowd is almost as constantly mad at the refs as a blazer crowd!

I really hope we get to keep CJ he went from boy to man in about three seconds these playoffs

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Ugh that was scary

So It Goes on
  • Options
    God this crowd is almost as constantly mad at the refs as a blazer crowd!

I really hope we get to keep CJ he went from boy to man in about three seconds these playoffs

The crowd has history with Ken Mauer

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    They just interviewed Mike Conley

He's not even on the floor he's up in a box seat, looking worn out

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

Are you watching tnt? Yeah he looks awful his eye is all swollen. Like when Westbrook got hurt it didn't look that bad on the floor

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Elldren wrote: »

Are you watching tnt? Yeah he looks awful his eye is all swollen. Like when Westbrook got hurt it didn't look that bad on the floor

Nah I'm watching the local broadcast

The forum crowd in the playoffs is legit one of the greatest in sports

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Love had to have surgery. He's out 4-6 months

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

Plz don't leave bro

The Portlander in me wants him to stay, but the basketball fan would love to see an alternate universe where he goes to the Spurs. Dudes awesome now, but in Pop's system on top of that?

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    Disappointing but not surprising. I knew if it was more than a week or so out he'd be done for the post season.

Fuck you, Kelly Olynyk

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So the Hawks might actually not fuck this up huh.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

Plz don't leave bro

The Portlander in me wants him to stay, but the basketball fan would love to see an alternate universe where he goes to the Spurs. Dudes awesome now, but in Pop's system on top of that?

Ugh terrifying

• Options
    That Meyers Leonard stat about three point percentage was insane

Baby Sabonis!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://www.mattynice.com/opinion/an-open-letter-to-kelly-olynyk

From a Die Hard Cavs Fan

(this is pretty much how everyone is feeling right now.)

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.