As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week - Oct. 10th

1235»

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Either that or everyone will think 'Ol Hank is at it again.

Heh, thanks. Was wondering who'd be the first to bring that up. :)

Owenashi on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shadowen wrote: »
    edit: also, your "Batman/Punisher" comment is bullshit. People feel pain in varying degrees. Furthermore, people deal with trauma in different ways. Having a guy appear in your house, pistol whip you to the point of your face breaking, shoving you through a mirror, and then getting shot in the knee cap is a very traumatic thing and it emotionally wrecked her as a person. Her reacting the way she did is human nature, it does not make her weak in any sense. That would be like calling a rape victim a big cry baby for not wanting to be alone or something like that.

...no, your comment is bullshit, because by definition Tigra is tougher than either of them. And, on top of that, women tend to have a higher tolerance for pain.

And I'm not saying she's weak for crying. I'm saying she's being portrayed as weak in this story, because she's been through much, much worse and hardly flinched, but for some reason she's intimidated by Hood. (By who?)

Shadowen on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think it was less intimidation and more the fact that she can't rip the throat out of someone she could very easily beat in a fight because her mother is basically a hostage.

The Muffin Man on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Again, the only way this works is if she doesn't tell anyone, and seeing as she gets angry very easily, that really wouldn't be very good writing.

Fencingsax on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well I guess we'll just see.

I don't think she'll tell anyone soon, seeing as how there is that whole symbiote thing going on, leaving most of Marvel's superheroes occupied no doubt.

Sars_Boy on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I will say this for Hood: he apparently has the luck of the devil to put this plan into motion at such a time.

Hm...isn't he possessed by a demon?...hm...this might be interesting after all...

Shadowen on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, sort of possessed.

It's all pretty vague, but I'm sure time will tell.

Sars_Boy on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't read the issue yet, but I'm a little surprised on how some seem to be weirded out by Jigsaw's taping of the whole event. This is one of the few criminals that Frank Castle's targeted but hasn't been able to kill. That says a lot about the guy right there. Plus he just got punked out by Tigra in the same issue, to the point of tears. That's a loss of pride and dignity that some guys can't recover from cleanly.

Owenashi on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    edit: also, your "Batman/Punisher" comment is bullshit. People feel pain in varying degrees. Furthermore, people deal with trauma in different ways. Having a guy appear in your house, pistol whip you to the point of your face breaking, shoving you through a mirror, and then getting shot in the knee cap is a very traumatic thing and it emotionally wrecked her as a person. Her reacting the way she did is human nature, it does not make her weak in any sense. That would be like calling a rape victim a big cry baby for not wanting to be alone or something like that.

...no, your comment is bullshit, because by definition Tigra is tougher than either of them. And, on top of that, women tend to have a higher tolerance for pain.

And I'm not saying she's weak for crying. I'm saying she's being portrayed as weak in this story, because she's been through much, much worse and hardly flinched, but for some reason she's intimidated by Hood. (By who?)

By whose definition? She wasn't portrayed as being weak in the story, at least not in my estimation. I think The Hood is simply stronger than Tigra and what he did to her was fairly twisted. If anybody likes to write heroes as people it's Bendis and I think that's exactly what he was doing in this issue. He showed that having something like that done to you is fucking scary and whether you like it or not the scene was extremely effective.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I haven't read the issue yet, but I'm a little surprised on how some seem to be weirded out by Jigsaw's taping of the whole event. This is one of the few criminals that Frank Castle's targeted but hasn't been able to kill. That says a lot about the guy right there. Plus he just got punked out by Tigra in the same issue, to the point of tears. That's a loss of pride and dignity that some guys can't recover from cleanly.

Jigsaw's a joke of a character. The only reason Punisher never killed him is because Punisher needed a recurring villain, and the reason Punisher hasn't fought Jigsaw in so long is because conventional logic has Punisher shooting Jigsaw in the head within the first few minutes of the encounter if they should ever cross in the MAX or War Journal titles. Did you see him getting arrested by plain-clothes officers in Daredevil? Weak.

I mean, his most notable feature is a messed up face, evidence of how badly Punisher fucks up his enemies. Jigsaw's origin is getting his ass kicked!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wonder how the hood will go around handling the Punisher, I mean he's pretty much public enemy number one in the underworld.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wonder how the hood will go around handling the Punisher, I mean he's pretty much public enemy number one in the underworld.

They will handle the Punisher by getting shot with swords.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

FWOKA-FWOKA-FWOKA-FWOKA!

DarkPrimus on
  • VerdancyVerdancy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

They'll block his bullets with their face, etc. Wolverine is another wild card. All his loved ones are deadlier than him. So this strategy is going to ensure that the superheroes that do go up against them are the military/murder happy types. Great plan there.

Verdancy on