As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tickets for Dummies??

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Ah, nice! I got a pretty good deal then. Probably. Depending on how many of the negative reviews are factual in a way that I actually care about.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Who else just had a heart attack with the panel submission tweet?

tw787Xr.png

• AresselAressel Registered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »

You have to wonder if the timing was on purpose.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Just a small one, but yeah. Hell, it's May somewhere.

• JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »

The only words I saw of that tweet were PAX Prime 2015 and Now Open. So naturally I got nervous

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Rinz1erRinz1er HawaiiRegistered User new member
    edited April 2015
    At least I know that my mobile alerts work :?

Also "later in May" makes me worried about how much sleep I'm going to get these next few weeks

Rinz1er on
    Followup tweet: Tickets aren't until later in May.

tw787Xr.png

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    DAMMIT MORE TWEETS AREN'T HELPING

THE HEART ATTACKS ARE FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE MESSAGE, NOT THE CONTENT

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    PAX @Official_PAX 44s
    To assuage any heart attacks, just remember we won't launch tix until later in May. Panel subs are at http://prime.panels.paxsite.com

THEY SEE US O_O

I love PA Staff. I wonder who's texting through the major account :P

• SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    Later in May huh. I wonder if that means not the first week, or later as in tomorrow :)

SleepyDust wrote: »
    Later in May huh. I wonder if that means not the first week, or later as in tomorrow :)

I think we should be good for at least a week or two, but stay ready just in case.

tw787Xr.png

• sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    I doubt it'll be tomorrow or next week. Dev Early bird ends on the 2nd so I'd think they'd want to give some leeway before Prime tickets sales.
    Still, I'll be glued to my phone more than ever starting tomorrow.

• TyraelTyrael Registered User new member
    edited April 2015
    Last year passes went on sale on Wednesday, May 28. Perhaps then, or the week before. Everyone will be on alert now, though. Stay vigilant.

Tyrael on
    Fool! You have just ensured the doom of this world! You cannot even begin to imagine what you have set forth this day...
  • SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    I think the date will be .....SOON.

• AresselAressel Registered User regular
    Speaking of SOON, has anyone taken a good look at the SOON graphic on the registration page? I know that they're probably just reusing the one from last year, but it shows 4-day passes. So, maybe they'll be available?

• istoleyourfoodistoleyourfood Registered User regular
    I realized last year that I really only go to PAX for the trip to Seattle. So this year I'm avoiding the stress and planning a weekend in Seattle with my gf regardless of whether or not it's for PAX. If we get tickets, great! If not, we'll still enjoy the trip regardless. I feel so free! But the tweet did remind me it's coming up lol.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Aressel wrote: »
    Speaking of SOON, has anyone taken a good look at the SOON graphic on the registration page? I know that they're probably just reusing the one from last year, but it shows 4-day passes. So, maybe they'll be available?
    Yeah, they just threw the asset from last year on the page. I wouldn't assume anything the price list updates on http://prime.paxsite.com/registration

• shortnowshortnow Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Later.

In May.

We know that no badges will be for sale in April.

/infinite blessings be upon you, Khoo!

I will ramp up my personal PAX Prime Alert Status on evening of April 30. Not going to over think what "... later in May." means. 8-)

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    shortnow wrote: »
    Later.

In May.

We know that no badges will be for sale in April.

/infinite blessings be upon you, Khoo!

I will ramp up my personal PAX Prime Alert Status on evening of April 30. Not going to over think what "... later in May." means. 8-)

It is April 30 today.
    So you meant... "tonight"?

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Another data point is that they have said that they don't want to wait as long as they did last year. Of course, this assumes that all factors are entirely under their control. Given this data, I'm going to guess sometime between May 19-21.

TheAviatrix... Nope, now I mean NOW!!! :D

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Happy PAX ticket sale month everyone!

ZYseqtZ.png
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Another data point is that they have said that they don't want to wait as long as they did last year. Of course, this assumes that all factors are entirely under their control. Given this data, I'm going to guess sometime between May 19-21.

I'm thinking May 20 myself or the week after that.

I don't know... It's hard for me to think that "Later in May." doesn't include the 11th on.

Glad it wasn't today. I'm super busy and distracted by the added excitement of traditional May Day Mayhem, here in Seattle.

• Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    I don't think tickets have ever gone on a weekend... I mean who works on a weekend anyway...

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Another person that you may consider following on twitter for potential PAX news:

Check out Lauren DeMaio (@LaurenDCooks): https://twitter.com/LaurenDCooks?s=09

• CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Another person that you may consider following on twitter for potential PAX news:

Check out Lauren DeMaio (@LaurenDCooks): https://twitter.com/LaurenDCooks?s=09

She tweeted 6 times on May 2 about stuff that was not PAX related. The last thing I want is 6 text messages a day for no reason. We follow Robert Khoo and @OfficialPax because they rarely tweet and will be the first source of news when tickets go on sale. I understand she's a PAX event manager, but I did a search through her Twitter and see only one post about tickets, and that was announcing that some were sold out, not that they were on sale.

Cerebus on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, I don't think Lauren would be a good source for ticket sales, but it's possible for other PAX news. In general though, I would stick to Robert and official_pax

edited May 2015
    So I was using Timehop yesterday, and I saw a Facebook status I posted three years ago about how crazy it was that Prime 2012 badges "sold out in a day!!!!" Heh.

I really wish we could go back to those times where 24 hour sellouts were considered amazingly fast :?

Lazorz on
    Does anyone know if Will Call is available for ticket purchases in the US?

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »

Yes, Thursday 2-7 and after 8am every day after that according to the FAQ.

May PAX be upon you.

I'm not 100% sure that's really the answer that person is looking for. Those are the hours that Will Call is open.

Will Call has historically not been a select-able option for US purchases. Post-registration, you could attempt to contact pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they would change it, but no guarantees.

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure that's really the answer that person is looking for. Those are the hours that Will Call is open.

Will Call has historically not been a select-able option for US purchases. Post-registration, you could attempt to contact pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they would change it, but no guarantees.

So is will call only for international and club PA tickets?

May PAX be upon you.

So is will call only for international and club PA tickets?
    Historically, yes, although I'm sure other extenuating circumstances have existed that forces some folks to pick up at will call that normally wouldn't. Also exhibitors, media, and special guests/panelists have to pick up from will call.

I say historically because we don't know for sure what this pax will entail yet.

Yeah, I was looking to see if I could do Will Call when I purchase tickets since there's a possibility I'll be on the West Coast when tickets are being mailed out and I would like to head out to PAX from there before heading back to the East Coast.

I'll order like normal and email pax_questions after registration . Thanks zerzhul!!

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    One thing you can do, order with UPS shipping and then redirect the shipment to your West Coast address when it ships.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Everyone should order the UPS shipping anyway. Much more reliable and you will get your package much earlier.

IhtGIyi.png
  • arconicarconic Registered User regular
    so anyways anyone else's page monitors going crazy right now for the registration page?

• K!LL@RK!LL@R Registered User regular
    SOON. Of course it's finals week here. No internet items during tests:-(

arconic wrote: »
    so anyways anyone else's page monitors going crazy right now for the registration page?
    Yeah, mine was freaking out.

This discussion has been closed.