As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, May 1, 2015 - Post Traumatic

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    Soul SanctumSoul Sanctum Registered User regular
    Post Traumatic Success Disorder?

• Options
    biohazardbiohazard Registered User new member
    As some one who bought not one but two zunes I found this especially funny.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Man I loved my fucking zunes. The brown shit brick, then the pink one?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I loved my Zune too and even more the way the music service worked. Really sad none of the current subscription services don't also offer a few freebies to keep every month.

Also that comic is very pink.

• Options
    LRichLRich Registered User regular
    i still own an 80 gb zune that i use all of the time.

on a side-note, that first panel looks very doonsbury, especially the profile of the character on the left.

• Options
    wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    I'm digging the female MS employee. I've got a thing for frumpy girls with glasses. I also have a thing for Asian women. God help me if I meet a frumpy Asian girl with glasses.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I also still own and use a zune.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Don't worry, the haters will be along shortly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Zunes suck, my iriver H320 is where it's at.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I... had not heard of the Hololens before reading this comic, and now I want one.

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    REAL TALK: Maybe it was Tycho's influence, but I own a Zune, and I still prefer it (and its user interface) to that of iTunes/iPod.

EDIT: Here I am saying "real talk" like I'm blowing minds, but it seems as if every other comment is here to talk about how good the Zune is. How did Microsoft fuck that up?

Linktm on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I still use the Zune software on my laptop as a music player.

RIP, Zune 80gig.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    ZuneHD best MP3 player.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Linktm wrote: »
    REAL TALK: Maybe it was Tycho's influence, but I own a Zune, and I still prefer it (and its user interface) to that of iTunes/iPod.

EDIT: Here I am saying "real talk" like I'm blowing minds, but it seems as if every other comment is here to talk about how good the Zune is. How did Microsoft fuck that up?

By the time Microsoft got it "right", most people had stopped caring about stand-alone MP3 players in favor of just putting it on their phones.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    More than HoloLens, what the hell was Kin?

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I would have liked that HoloLens video better if the humans had been less robotic than Z15.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Linktm wrote: »

The same way that they fuck everything up. Apple releases some product that sells millions of units in days and shows no signs of slowing down and sees continued success through its next iterations. Smash cut to . . . about 2-3 years later, and Microsoft now has their own version of the Apple thing, which they have improved upon (usually in the user interface department by way of adding buttons), and release it with excitement and hope for the future.

It does not do well. By the time Microsoft launches their product the iThing has become so hammered into peoples minds to the point where they wouldn't take a second glance at anything else. Their iThing is also a coveted status symbol whereas Microsoft's product, not so much.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Solvent wrote: »
    More than HoloLens, what the hell was Kin?

It was an MS attempt at a crackberry style phone. The fact that it came and went without you hearing about it says all you need to know about it. With the exception of the Xbox
    , MS has pretty much had shit luck with hardware i guess.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I assumed she was cutting "Kinect" short to not set Jim off, but apparently it was a real thing.

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    ...in favor of just putting it on their phones.

Ew. That's gross. I need my phone's precious battery life for checking Facebook 24/7, and space for all the useless apps I have just in case I need them but never actually do.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, since when do comic posts have a comment section?

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Couple years, dude!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Hahaha and I've been leaving the comic strip to specifically come to the subforum and seek out the title every time.
    Brb laughing at myself.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    geevensinghgeevensingh Registered User new member
    For myself - and all the HoloLens people I work with - thanks for this comic. We were already having a pretty good week. You made it better. :)

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    As a QA person in games this comic speaks to me. Sometimes you get so used to being expendable that when a good job comes along you don't know how to handle it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    LRich wrote: »
    i still own an 80 gb zune that i use all of the time.

on a side-note, that first panel looks very doonsbury, especially the profile of the character on the left.
    I was thinking Bloom County, myself.

• Options
    TimeLordPandaTimeLordPanda Registered User new member
    Dear god, Kin...That thing was worse than shit. I got one as a gift as a second phone when my first phone's screen crapped out. There was a reason the person who gave it to me got it for very cheap. The battery was fucking terrible, everything about it sucked.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hahaha and I've been leaving the comic strip to specifically come to the subforum and seek out the title every time.
    Brb laughing at myself.

I do the same thing. But I always knew.