As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Crisis 2015: Space Disc Is Totally Canceled

Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From BeyondBeyondRegistered User regular
edited May 2015 in Graphic Violence
Welcome to Secret Crisis 2015
The Basics

Secret Crisis is a 64 hero/villain, single elimination tournament. Heroes and villains will face off in one on one battles, vying for the right to stand alone as the lone champion of the entire multiverse. You will decide who is worthy of this honor. You will decide how.
The Specifics

The 64 character bracket has been broken down into four 16 character regions. These regions are Marvel, DC, Villains, and GV10. The participants have already been revealed, and I will list them again in this thread for everyone to reference. On each day of the first round, there will be four matches: one from each region. And each day will have its own theme. Each match that day has its own stipulation or prompt that ties into that theme.

There are eight themes, presented here in alphabetical order:
  • Horror
  • Musicals
  • Pro Wrestling
  • Rock and Roll
  • Space
  • TV Shows
  • Young Adult Fiction

That playlist contains 32 songs: each song is tied to a specific first round match.
How Voting Works

Threads will be open at midnight central time. You will have twenty-four hours to debate and discuss each matchup in its own thread. After those twenty-four hours are up, I will open up voting, and introduce the next round of matches. Voting will be open for twenty-four hours, at which point I will announce the winners. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, there's a bit of a twist.

Each match will have a youtube video attached to it that will fit the day's theme in some way. And every match will have a prompt or stipulation related to that video. In the first round, these prompts and stipulations are, generally speaking, there as a template for you to create alternate versions of the competitors. For instance, if the theme for a Batman/Superman match would be "the Fallout video games," I don't mean that the familiar versions of Batman and Superman are fighting on a battlefield inspired by Fallout, I mean that you should come up with Fallout versions of Batman and Superman and decide who wins.

The debate and discussion portion of the vote is for you to lay out your theory as to who would win and how. This is very important. After we vote on who wins the battle itself, I will go back and find the person whose argument for the winning character received the most awesomes and agrees, and a couple of fun things will happen:
  1. That forumer will receive a special badger
  2. That argument will be accepted as canon for the entire tournament

So pull out all the stops. Post art, if you want, post a real in-depth argument, campaign for your favorite character and your favorite argument. I don't want this tournament to only be about "who would want to win in a fight." This forum is full of super creative and intelligent people, and this is an opportunity to just go nuts coming up with goofy elseworlds, and earn a really fun badger!

Anyways, when you feel you've made your best possible argument, be sure to add who you're backing in the post in the following format: Winner: (Character Name)
[color=red][b]Winner: (Character Name)[/b][/color]
ROUND ONE SCHEDULE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_d6d-E_DwQ

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
Son of Beyonder on

• Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
    THE ROSTER
    MARVEL
    BLACK PANTHER
    ipgmgSf.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
    Art by: Gabrielle Dell'otto

CYCLOPS
    5ZlZebR.jpg

Art by: Salvador Larocca

DAREDEVIL
    4H5hnM7.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee and Bill Everett
    Art by: Gabrielle Dell'otto

DR. STRANGE
    DamAkCK.jpg

Created by: Steve Ditko
    Art by: Stuart Immonen

HULK
    oQHdPl0.jpg

Art by: John Romita Jr.

IRON MAN
    tGlVJUf.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck and Jack Kirby
    Art by: Adi Granov

THOR
    Zc6rafq.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby
    Art by: Olivier Coipel

WOLVERINE
    Y3BS2so.jpg

Created by: Roy Thomas, Len Wein, Herb Trimpe John Romita Sr.
    Art by: Leinil Yu

BLACK WIDOW
    BFPqdAv.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee, Don Rico and Don Heck
    Art by: Phil Noto

GAMORA
    OUYeVig.jpg

Created by: Jim Starlin
    Art by: Steve McNiven

INVISIBLE WOMAN
    R0bQZwk.jpg

Art by: Steve McNiven

PHOENIX
    AEWa2vH.jpg

SHADOWCAT
    P4T7rWO.jpg

Created by: Chris Claremont and John Byrne
    Art by: John Cassaday

SHE-HULK
    DNBoyqb.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee and John Buscema
    Art by: Ryan Stegman

STORM
    iLOfPJs.jpg

Created by: Len Wein and Dave Cockrum
    Art by: Victor Ibanez

THE WASP
    pdoqMp5.jpg

Art by: Daniel Acuna
    DC
    BLACK CANARY
    DKmcgr6.jpg

Created by: Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino
    Art by: Cliff Chiang

CATWOMAN
    hBgTdZR.jpg

Created by: Bob Kane and Bill Finger
    Art by: Terry and Rachel Dodson

HAWKGIRL
    wh2dslI.jpg

Created by: Gardner Fox, Dennis Neville and Sheldon Moldoff
    Art by: John Cassaday

RAVEN
    QdHFMRm.jpg

Created by: Marv Wolfman and Greg Perez
    Art by: Julian Lopez

SUPERGIRL
    GRpC22C.jpg

Created by: Otto Binder, Al Plastino and Curt Swan
    Art by: Mahmoud Asrar

VIXEN
    Bp9SVGm.jpg

Created by: Gerry Conway and Bob Oksner
    Art by: JG Jones

WONDER WOMAN
    HseETZY.jpg

Created by: William Moulton Marston
    Art by: Cliff Chiang

ZATANNA
    gQLdr0W.jpg

Created by: Gardner Fox and Murphy Anderson
    Art by: Joseph A. Quinones Jr.

AQUAMAN
    qqs7So8.jpg

Created by: Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris
    Art by: Paul Pelletier, Sean Parsons and Rod Reis

BATMAN
    bMIYV2d.jpg

Created by: Bill Finger and Bob Kane
    Art by: Neal Adams

CYBORG
    fuocQqt.jpg

Created by: Marv Wolfman and George Perez
    Art by: Ivan Reis and Joe Prado

GREEN ARROW
    m9CwykT.jpg

Created by: Mort Weisinger and George Papp
    Art by: Mauro Cascioli

GREEN LANTERN
    cEuEIF8.jpg

Created by: Dennis O'Neil and Neil Adams
    Art by: Jim Lee

MARTIAN MANHUNTER
    8yktzwC.jpg

Created by: Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa
    Art by: Tom Mandrake

SUPERMAN
    oGI8O3O.jpg

Created by: Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
    Art by: Gary Frank

THE FLASH
    ckkl1Y5.jpg

Created by: Robert Canigher and Carmine Infantino
    Art by: Francis Manapaul and Brian Buccallato
    VILLAINS
    DOCTOR DOOM
    hHbU3xP.jpg

Art by: Mike Wieringo

GORILLA GRODD
    wBZ2fNc.jpg

Created by: John Broome and Carmine Infantino
    Art by: David Finch

GREEN GOBLIN
    ypWltCS.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
    Art by: Humberto Ramos

LEX LUTHOR
    QjRfjv1.jpg

Created by: Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster

MAGNETO
    12MafGW.jpg

Art by: Chris Samnee

SINESTRO
    5AZ5Xrx.jpg

Created by: John Broome and Gil Kane
    Art by: Ethan Van Sciver

THE JOKER
    v1deNpu.jpg

Created by: Jerry Robinson, Bill Finger and Bob Kane
    Art by: Brian Bolland

ULTRON
    W9lRpg1.jpg

Created by: Roy Thomas and John Buscema
    Art by: Aleksi Briclot

ELEKTRA
    aZLh0Ag.jpg

Created by: Frank Miller
    Art by: Mike Del Mundo

EMMA FROST
    HeeaH8T.jpg

Created by: Chris Claremont and John Byrne

ENCHANTRESS
    YeHqu99.jpg

Art by: Walt Simonson

HARLEY QUINN
    lSsnQDM.jpg

Created by: Paul Dini and Bruce Timm
    Art by: Mike Huddleston

KILLER FROST
    pAMHeDi.jpg

Created by: Gerry Conway and Al Milgrom
    Art by: Tony S. Daniel

MYSTIQUE
    Lm24Rh5.jpg

Created by: Dave Cockrum and Chris Claremont
    Art by: Ron Garney

POISON IVY
    ICc5hgA.jpg

Created by: Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff
    Art by: Stanley Lau

SUPERWOMAN
    ZjP5tjL.jpg

Created by: Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky
    Art by: Alan Davis
    GV10
    AMERICA CHAVEZ
    foctn9I.jpg

Created by: Joe Casey and Nick Dragotta
    Art by: Jamie McKelvie

BATWOMAN
    nS9Xjrn.jpg

Created by: Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Ken Lashley
    Art by: JH Williams III

CAPTAIN MARVEL
    TnIGbYK.jpg

Created by: Roy Thomas and Gene Colan
    Art by: Jamie McKelvie

HAWKEYE
    t5ZNv6I.jpg

Created by: Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung
    Art by: Jim Cheung

MARIA HILL
    v6lgEd5.jpg

Created by: Brian Michael Bendis and David Finch

MS. MARVEL
    4r8a1st.jpg

Created by: Sana Amanat, Stephen Wacker, G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona, Jamie McKelvie
    Art by: Adrian Alphona

SPIDER-WOMAN
    XkyDjl6.jpg

Created by: Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez
    Art by: Kris Anka

SQUIRREL GIRL
    dE9n5qb.jpg

Created by: Steve Ditko and Will Murray
    Art by: Erica Henderson

ATOMIC ROBO
    EGTHcTY.jpg

Created by: Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener
    Art by: Scott Wegener

BLUE BEETLE
    dlhzKuD.jpg

Created by: Keith Giffen, John Rogers and Cully Hamner
    Art by: Cully Hamner

HAWKEYE
    r9q2f46.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee and Don Heck
    Art by: David Aja

IRON FIST
    2wV162k.jpg

Created by: Roy Thomas and Gil Kane
    Art by: David Aja

LOKI
    jYDI92V.jpg

Created by: Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby
    Art by: Stephanie Hans

ROBIN
    6WwmU9y.jpg

Created by: Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert
    Art by: Dustin Nguyen

SPIDER-MAN
    S2HDRT1.jpg

Created by: Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli
    Art by: Dave Marquez

WINTER SOLDIER
    Mkpv5aC.jpg

Created by: Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting
    Art by: Steve Epting
    THE BRACKET

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yo, Son of Beyonder is pretty cool.
    Winner: Son of Beyonder

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Oh, and this is an official Moderator Statement here:

The number one rule of this whole enterprise is that there is a zero tolerance policy for being a giant asshole.

I don't think this is super necessary, but I want it here so I have something to point to. I want this to be fun, and I don't want to have to wander through a minefield of passive agressive and dickish posts.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Does trolling Blank by repeatedly using Living Weapon as Iron Fist canon count as being a giant goose? ;)

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    A post after my own heart

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ah man, cracking my knuckles in anticipation of all the writing I'ma have to do for this

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Scrolling through the list, I don't know who I think will win. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Oh goodness, these themes

Young Adult Fiction what what

• Options
  • Options
    We're going to take a bit of a breather between day two and three, let things settle a bit.

• Options
    DAY ONE WINNERS:

Superman (83%)
    Lex Luthor (83%)
    Captain Marvel (76%)
    She-Hulk (76%)

NO-PRIZE RECIPIENTS:

@Blankzilla Superman
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Just as they form the elder statesmen of the DC universe, on Wrestle-Earth Batman and Superman are the icons of DCW, having been there from the very beginning, wrestling at state fairs and high schools before the company landed their landmark television deal.

Both of them were babyfaces, the good guys, fighting against the heels of the wrestling world and winning the hearts of millions. Joined by other faces after DCW took off, but they were always the main attraction. Then the 1990s hit.

The crowds didn't cheer as loud for saving the day and good clean heroes as they did years before, but that didn't stop Batman and Superman from working their hearts out. Eventually, the Powers That Be decided to pit the old friends against each other in an attempt to spice up their card. Initially against it, Superman didn't want to face his ally in the ring, but Batman, sensing the changing attitude in the air, managed to convince him.

The match was legendary, with both men wrestling as though it was their last. The plan was for Superman to get the win after kicking out of, the previously unbeatable, Knightfall. Unbeknownst to Superman, management lied and got Batman to agree to force his friend to submit in the ring with a new finisher: The Krypto-Knight, stealing the win and beginning a new ascent to the top of the card with a new, harder edge.

Superman was shocked by his friend's betrayal but ever the hero he forgave his friend and offered a handshake. Batman kicked Superman's hand away and left the arena without looking back. Dismayed, Superman continued to wrestle for DCW but crowds had turned from non-responsive to outright hostile after the Metropolis Screwjob. Knowing he wasn't welcome, but still wanting to ply his craft and entertain crowds across the world, Superman left the DCW for other wrestling federations.

Meanwhile, Batman found greater success than ever with his new found dark streak. Not quite a heel, but edgier than any babyface before him, Batman became the symbol of the new Antihero Era. Although he had left, DCW owned the rights to Superman's name and attempted a darkening of the Man of Steel by replacing him with newer, hipper versions such as The Eradicator and Steel. None of them stuck, and Batman continued to be the tent pole for DCW.

Wrestling his way through various companies in the years that followed, Superman went through various identities: The Sentry and Sun God at M.A.R.V.E.L., Supreme at Image-Nation, and the Plutonium at BOOM. Initially hoping to remain the same old cheerful paragon of justice, Superman learned that crowds didn't want that anymore and caved to pressure to do darker acts before finally becoming disillusioned with wrestling itself and retiring to his Kansas farmstead.

A decade passed and while Batman handily ruled the 90s, the crowds had begun to grow tired of the brooding avenger of the squared circle, and his gaggle of imitators. DCW was desparate to bolster their dwindling audiences and needed a major attraction, so they asked their star for any ideas. Batman thought back to how he got here in the first place, and gave his old pal a call. Superman was, understandably, skeptical to work with DCW and Batman after seeing what they had done with his identity through the years, but seeing the potential box office draw, and with pressure from Batman, management caved to his requests: No Dirty Finishes, No Dark Gimmicks, and Superman has to fight his way up through the card, proving he earned his fight with Batman and didn't just coast on reputation.

Superman's debut was met with mixed reaction: the now-young adult crowd that started watching in the 90s booed the colorful combatant, but the veterans and kids cheered their hearts out at his heroics. True to his word, Superman earned that spot, fighting through nearly every other wrestler on the roster as though he were 20 years younger and had never retired. The cheers grew louder and louder with each win, with fans finding Superman's athleticism, in-ring charm and professionalism a breath of fresh air after the decade of darkness. After 6 months, the night finally came: Superman vs. Batman in the city they first clashed at over a decade ago: Metropolis.

Batman flew in with his usual theatrics, riding the Batwing down in the open air stadium to the boom of pyro and his guitar-laden theme song:
    http://youtu.be/wgSefgWp3Jg

Superman, however, simply walked down the ramp to the same theme he had years before, stopping only to hand his cape to a grateful young fan:
    http://youtu.be/zwoXARqonns

The match went on for nearly an hour, with both wrestlers putting their heart and soul into it. There were a half-dozen false finishes and just as many finishing moves between them before Batman finally landed the Krypto-Knight. Superman looked ready to tap, but crawled his way to the ropes only to have Batman drag him into the middle of the ring. All hope looked lost. Then the chant started. Su-per-man. Su-per-man. SU-PER-MAN. SU-PER-MAN. The stadium roared for their fallen hero, with even Batman's fans being swept into the moment. Superman looked out into the crowd, grimacing in pain, before flashing a grin and a wink to the fan with his cape. Flipping Batman over with sheer strength alone. Superman managed to reverse the hold and pin him to the canvas. 1. 2. 3. The crowd exploded as Superman's theme roared through the loudspeakers. With tears in his eyes, Superman ran out of the ring into the crowd of fans, hugging and shaking hands with everyone he could see.

After returning to the ring, Superman greets the bewildered Batman, and offers his hand once more. Batman looks at it, snarls, and kicks it away. But as Superman opens his mouth, Batman embraces his brother in a hug. Super-friends once more.

WINNER: SUPERMAN

@Matev Captain Marvel
    Matev wrote: »
    The MWF, Marvel Wrestling Federation. Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers is an All American girl, with a wrestling pedigree to make any member of the roster envious. She goes toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Abomination, mixed gender fighting rules be damned.

"The Unbeatable" Squirrel Girl is an up and coming face, riding a hot streak with some of the Federation's biggest heels having jobbed to her in impossible victories. The two faces crossing paths was not impossible, but being at odds was definitely a swerve many didn't see coming.

It began innocently enough. Danvers was locked in a match with Thanos, the Mad Titan, for the Intergalatic title. Right as he was about to lock in his submission hold, Death's Embrace, Squirrel Girl rushed the ring to save Danvers. The resultant disqualification lead to hard feelings between the two, with Danvers repaying the favor and interfering with Squirrel Girl's rematch against Dr. Doom, costing her her shot at the Intercontinental Title. The two were at that point determined to see which one was indeed the best wrestler, and set up a match for the next MWF event, Secret Wars. Danvers' new stable, the Guardians of the Galaxy, attempted to aid her in the feud, trying to get an upper hand before the match. Squirrel Girl received unexpected, but welcome help from other new heroes, Kate "Hawkeye" Bishop, America Chavez, Loki, and most surprisingly, Kamala "Ms. Marvel" Kahn (A self-proclaimed "#1 fan" of Captain Marvel) and in doing so, formed a new faction called "Now!". The Guardians would resort to some dirty tricks (Suiting their role as a tweener stable) but ultimately Now! would fight them off and stand tall in the ring. Some great promos are cut by both sides (Kate Bishop in particular has great mic skills, reducing Starlord to hysterics during one "shoot" promo)

Secret Wars would come, with many big matches occurring. Everyone was all heated up for the Danvers/Squirrel Girl tussle. They were not disappointed. Captain Marvel brought her powerhouse style to the arena, swinging hard and no selling Squirrel Girl's first attempts to bring her down. Squirrel Girl's usual luck wasn't helping her this time, and Now! as well the GotG were having an interference pileup brawl outside the ring (Despite admonishments from Commissioner Living Tribunal that no interference would be tolerated) Squirrel gets in some fantastic hits finally, bringing Danvers down. Ultimately though, while her effort is valiant, and after landing a Death from Above and Nuthoarder, Squirrel Girl is pinned after Captain Marvel lands a solid knock out punch. The crowd loves the clean finish, and Danvers helps Squirrel Girl to her feet, the pair shaking hands before Squirrel Girl raises up Danvers' hand.

Winner: Captain Marvel

@chiasaur11 Lex Luthor
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Lex Luthor is a proud man. A callous man. A cruel man. But not a stupid man. He knows his empire is everything. And if a madman in white makeup started tearing it apart, he wouldn't let his pride stop him from calling in the champ to take down the clown. After a stream of mayhem, the stage is set. A tag team between the Kansas babyface, and his arch-nemesis against the Joker and one of his goons.

But come the day, Lex is a no show. Smallville Kent is going two on one, and it's not looking good. But, with a herculean effort, he manages to get the pin, and tears off the makeup to reveal the TRUE identity of the clown prince of crime, fulfilling his deal with Lex Luthor, the owner of LexCorp Wrestling Entertainment.

In a shocking twist, Lex Luthor IS the Joker.

It was him, Kent. It was him all along.

We all bought it. We all bought it hook, line, and sinker. Even his immediate family bought it. Every one of them was made fools of.

He didn't want to do it. But the alien made him do it.

He had to teach him a lesson that he would never, ever forget.

Because there is no price he will not pay, no depth he will not stoop to, to make the alien's life a complete, living hell.

@Fearghaill She-Hulk
    Fearghaill wrote:
    "Now before you sign this contract Gamora, I want to remind you, and everyone watching what it says. You agree to fight me, at the time of my choosing. As per your conditions, it will be a Foreign Object match. Fighters may bring anything they want with them to the ring, and whatever they bring will be legal to use. Win will be determined by pinfall or countout only, no submission. The winner of the fight gets exclusive rights to the title and trademark "Mean Green Fighting Machine", and the loser has to choose a new nickname, and a new style. In short, I beat you, and you stop copying my look. It's tacky."

It was a bold challenge on She-Hulk's part. Everyone knew she was the better wrestler, but Gamora's viciousness and creativity when it came to weapons would give her a distinct advantage under these terms. She-Hulk had arranged this negotiation though, and had her associate, Hellcat taunt Gamora into coming out and agreeing to the match, declaring that if she didn't, she "wasn't really green at all, but yellow." It didn't make sense for her to draw Gamora out, and then agree to a match that favored her rival - there had to be another angle here, somehow.

No sooner had Gamora finished signing the contract when the question was answered. She-Hulk gathered up the papers, locked them inside her metal briefcase, and then swung the briefcase full-force into the side of Gamora's head. "Under the agreed terms, I choose now." Reeling, Gamora tried to recover, but She-Hulk pounded away with the briefcase, slamming it into Gamora's stomach when she tried to protect her head. She scrambled away, looking for anything she could use as a weapon, but She-Hulk had planned this from the start. They had stood at the table while signing the contract - She-Hulk had said it would look better for the fans, but it was clear that it was to limit her opponent's options. No chance to bring weapons to the fight, and not even any chairs to use in a pinch.

Battered by repeated hits to the head, Gamora staggered forward, possibly hoping to wrestle the briefcase away, or at least get too close for it to be swung at her. Instead she found herself grabbed by the throat, and chokeslammed through the very table where she'd sealed her fate. As she lay there, pinned contemptuously beneath She-Hulk's boot, with the ref pounding a three-count on the mat beside her, she saw her opponent open the briefcase, and pull out a new set of documents, these ones with the words "SUBPOENA FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT" written across the top.

"Gamora Zen Whoberi Ben Titan, you have been served."

Winner: She-Hulk

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    :whistle: Welcome to the Secret Crisis/All the oxygen has run out
    And someone who will not be named/Accidentally hit self-destruct
    As you file to your escape pods/I'll distract the alien hordes
    And as I stare death in the face I know my sins will take me to hell :whistle:

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    So, as many of you might have noticed, there haven't been any new battles posted since the third set of matches went up. There's a very good reason for that: participation in this tournament has been very low. There aren't a lot of posts in the thread, and the voting via google docs hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. There are probably a lot of reasons for it, but the bottom line is that this tournament would eat up a lot of space in this forum, and participation wasn't high enough to justify burying every other thread. And honestly, when about a week passed and nobody questioned what was going on with the whole thing, the writing was on the wall.

So, as of now, the tournament is effectively canceled.

If anyone's interested, I'll post the themes for the rest of the first round matches, as well as the stuff I had started to sketch out for the next couple of rounds. And I'd like to say thanks to the people that did participate, because I really do appreciate it.

As far as the future of special things like this in Graphic Violence, I wouldn't anticipate any tournaments in the future, unless someone else comes in with a good pitch for one. If anyone ever wants to run a comics based event in the future, feel free to shoot me a PM. We've done some in the past, and even though this particular event didn't work, I'm going to keep the door open for other ideas in the future.

Anyways, I'll let @Son of Beyonder take us out:

• Options
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Awww maaann.

I want to thank you @The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs for all the hard work you put into it.

I can t really complain.

I would have loved to participate but with my schedual at the moment i wasnt able to do anything until the close of the initial battles and voting.

But thats not your fault, and i obviously am just one person.

But i greatly enjoyed all the entries that did make it in. So thanks to those all that were able to submit something!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I think this was a wildly ambitious project Geebs and I salute you for undertaking it. I'm sad it didn't get the participation that it deserved. (personally, I got sidetracked by running a game and i was having a hard time thinking of good fights for the later prompts. superhero pro wrestling was pretty ace though)

Don't let this discourage you from trying out things to spice up GV in the future!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Well, it's too bad. Did seem like the effort was... well, I wasn't up to entering most of the rounds, and I tend to think I have more energy than the average for this kinda stupid thing. I would have liked to see Hawkguy and Loki as business rivals, but these things happen. Fun while it lasted.

...On the other hand, all No Prizes are now massively increased in value.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    :cool:

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I would have entered, but I had exactly zero to say in a lot of these setups. Characters I knew were in settings I didn't and settings I knew had characters I didn't really know enough or feel passionate about.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I had steam for two ok entries but at the end of the day I feel I can't write for shit.

Thanks for running everything geebs, we all love you

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    I was eagerly anticipating the next round but didn't have the creative chops to contribute. You're great, Geebs!

Just wanted to say that @Blankzilla 's wrestling fic was glorious

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I would have entered, but I had exactly zero to say in a lot of these setups. Characters I knew were in settings I didn't and settings I knew had characters I didn't really know enough or feel passionate about.

Agreed, sad as it is I would have been a lot more involved in just a straight up versus fight tournament. I came in to look at round one with the intention of posting, but I don't know or care about pro wrestling so I checked straight back out. I really enjoyed the best of polls though, I've read a couple of new things because of them and everything has been great so far.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs thank you for attempting this. I had no idea it even started. I feel like a bit of a rube. Everything looks damn cool too.

steam_sig.png