As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cinco de Mayo!

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The best part about Landshark is that its made by Jimmy Buffett and is therefore @SCREECH OF THE FARG s favorite beer

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

But Corona tastes like the urine of satan after he's been eating asparagus.

http://youtu.be/KjN2BFf-AXs

Start at 2:45

rhylith on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Corona is the worst beer.

Actually, Heineken is the worst beer. Corona is second worst.

Neither of those are even close to the worst:

caguamas_6pack_wbottle.jpg

but its got a turtle on it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

I posted this in the beer thread yesterday.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pacifico and Sol are both decent options

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Corona is the beer you drink while on the beach after you already drank the good beer and all that is left are the six pack that one guy who showed up late brought and then never touched in favor of your more flavorful brews. And by then you don't mind, because you are likely sunburned, parched, and more than a little tipsy.

Yeah, the only time I can stomach Corona is when I'm already drunk and there are no other options.

Then I will begrudgingly drink it. But I'll hate myself while I do it.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I posted this in the beer thread yesterday.

Ggggggggghosted

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    There's the Beechwood Ages Peach Pumpkin Ale that was made in response to Budweiser's Superbowl commercial.

If you look at the label, you'll notice the Griffins are riding the Clydesdales

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I love my best friend to death, but when I tell him I'm at the super market and if I should pick him up anything, with a world of beer and craft beer at his finger tips, he almost always tells me to get him a six pack of corona.

On second thought this may just be a devious plan on his part to ensure that no one takes his beers from the fridge.

Wyatt Cenac is great

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    yall is

beer snobs

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Nah, it's just the blandest, and most boring beer imaginable. It's not bad tasting. Bad tasting is acceptable as it means they were trying and missed.

Corona does the highest of sins. It's not bad, it is dull.

Beer snob sneers never made sense to me. For one or two dollars more per six pack than the mass-market brews you can go from crap to pretty damn great. Wine classism is definitely a thing given that you often need to spend like 10-30 bucks to get to top-shelf quality, but beer is crazy cheep to get really good beer.

We're talking like 10-45 cents a bottle more for most microbrews, with the very best being only a dollar or so more per bottle.

It's the easiest thing in the world to upgrade on.

edited May 2015
    Enc wrote: »
    Beer snob sneers never made sense to me. For one or two dollars more per six pack than the mass-market brews you can go from crap to pretty damn great. Wine classism is definitely a thing given that you often need to spend like 10-30 bucks to get to top-shelf quality, but beer is crazy cheep to get really good beer.

We're talking like 10-45 cents a bottle more for most microbrews, with the very best being only a dollar or so more per bottle.

It's the easiest thing in the world to upgrade on.

What you seem to be not grasping is just because you (and I) consider it an upgrade doesn't mean everyone considers it an upgrade.

My friend honestly feels that Corona is one of the tastier, refreshing beers out there. He enjoys other beers, but they aren't upgrades from Coronas for him.

Inquisitor on
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    But...but how??

Is it sort of like when you've eaten twinkies your whole life you're incapable of appreciating an eclair?

minirhyder on
    It's sort of like different people have different tongues and enjoy different things.

A truly shocking revelation, I know!

minirhyder wrote: »
    But...but how??

Is it sort of like when you've eaten twinkies your whole life you're incapable of appreciating an eclair?

you know that taste is subjective right

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Do people really need to justify what they like to eat and drink?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Do people really need to justify what they like to eat and drink?

Of course, its the internet.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    dos equis is the only beer I enjoy. everything else I tolerate or dislike

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Yeah, I can understand having a preference for a cheaper item, but 9 times out of 10 the beer snob comments are from folk who haven't tried different beers, especially beers in the same type category as the kind they like, and just deride higher quality production as snobbish. Especially when it comes to talking about the mass-market beers that the companies like Anheiseur Busch themselves admit are created on the cheap and care very little about the flavor of the finished product over producing massive quantities of it using as little ingredients as possible.

It's more like saying people who eat beef are snobs because you have a preference for spam. Categorically, everything about the production and design of spam is inferior on a qualitative sense, and while some folk may absolutely love spam (and that's ok) being angry at people who point out spam is random meatfood product is wonky at best. So too with beers.

Like I make drinks that I think are absolutely vile and disgusting for people all the live long day.

I don't labor under the assumption that they somehow think it is vile too and force themselves to enjoy it, or if magically if they drank what I like that they would think it's delicious.

What I think this vile, they think is tasty. It's rather simple.

Yeah, I can understand having a preference for a cheaper item, but 9 times out of 10 the beer snob comments are from folk who haven't tried different beers, especially beers in the same type category as the kind they like, and just deride higher quality production as snobbish. Especially when it comes to talking about the mass-market beers that the companies like Anheiseur Busch themselves admit are created on the cheap and care very little about the flavor of the finished product over producing massive quantities of it using as little ingredients as possible.

It's more like saying people who eat beef are snobs because you have a preference for spam. Categorically, everything about the production and design of spam is inferior on a qualitative sense, and while some folk may absolutely love spam (and that's ok) being angry at people who point out spam is random meatfood product is wonky at best. So too with beers.

Yeah I can't imagine why you telling people "Oh sure, feel free to enjoy X, but you're wrong for enjoying it" would rub anyone the wrong way at all.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I know someone that genuinely enjoys Malort and drinks it everyday.

at that point my world view on alcohol was shattered and I stopped trying to figure out why people drink what they drink.

Right and wrong have nothing to do with it. The mass-market beers are poorly made using as many cut corners as possible to produce something that is vaguely like conventional beer. They do this because they can get away with it, and because they have enough money to market enough to have their customers feel like they are getting quality product when they are not. That isn't right or wrong, it's business. That doesn't change the fact that it's inferior quality beer. The US is pretty singular in this cituation given the way prohibition totally wrecked our beer producing industry for nearly a century and only in the last 20 years or so (due to lifting of numerous restrictions on small breweries) are we seeing what traditional beer products should look like (on a global sense) reemerging.

If I replaced 50% of the flour in my bread with sawdust, it would be inferior bread. It's not a matter morality, but one of definition.

Right and wrong have nothing to do with it. The mass-market beers are poorly made using as many cut corners as possible to produce something that is vaguely like conventional beer. They do this because they can get away with it, and because they have enough money to market enough to have their customers feel like they are getting quality product when they are not. That isn't right or wrong, it's business. That doesn't change the fact that it's inferior quality beer. The US is pretty singular in this cituation given the way prohibition totally wrecked our beer producing industry for nearly a century and only in the last 20 years or so (due to lifting of numerous restrictions on small breweries) are we seeing what traditional beer products should look like (on a global sense) reemerging.

If I replaced 50% of the flour in my bread with sawdust, it would be inferior bread. It's not a matter morality, but one of definition.

No

There is no objective measure of the quality of a food or drink when it comes to taste

None

it is literally, entirely, 100% subjective

you can't say "this beer does not use the ingredients these other beers use, so it is worse"

Based on what

that the commonly accepted "good" beers use different ingredients

who gives a shit

if people like pbr the most then its the best beer for them

your criteria make no sense

The FDA would disagree.

The FDA would disagree.

The FDA does not regulate taste in any way, so no, they wouldn't

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Also people can like things for many reasons, including associations with past experiences, etc.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A holiday for drinking? I thought St. Patty's Day was in March?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    A holiday for drinking? I thought St. Patty's Day was in March?

how Anglo-centric of you

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Like I make drinks that I think are absolutely vile and disgusting for people all the live long day.

I don't labor under the assumption that they somehow think it is vile too and force themselves to enjoy it, or if magically if they drank what I like that they would think it's delicious.

What I think this vile, they think is tasty. It's rather simple.

But @Inquisitor, aren't the drinks you make being made for people who are being interrogated?

Purge the unclean!

kyrcl.png
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    buncha smooth talkers trying to neg my beer in here?? fucked up

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Corona (and Corona Lite) are acceptable when you drown out their flavor with a lime slice. Landshark tastes exactly the same to me, which makes sense since that's exactly what they were aiming for.