As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    it's kind of funny how the two women in the MCU Avengers both have colours in their codenames

also gendered nouns starting with W (widow and witch, both used to identify women)

this was not meant to be a complaint of any kind, just a funny observation that just popped into my head

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    meanwhile, Hulk, Captain, Hawkeye, Vision, Quicksilver, and technically Thor are all gender-neutral names/titles

Iron Man is the only gendered codename in the male side of the equation

minor AoU spoiler
    Falcon and War Machine/Iron Patriot are also gender-neutral

Vivixenne on
    that all seriously just occurred to me as I was typing those posts out

how funny

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There is a Fight Club sequel comic starting at the end of this month and boy oh boy do I not want to read that

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I want to know how that would even work but I also don't want to know.

edited May 2015
    Fight Club was better when idiots weren't trying suuuuuper hard to prove that they know what the movie/book is actually about and were in fact content with just discussing what it could be about.

A sequel seems needless to me and I have sense that it will be enjoyed almost exclusively by the aforementioned idiots.

Vivixenne on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Finished my rewatch of Winter Soldier

I liked it much more than when I saw it intheaters, the action especially. I still think Ultron has better action, but it is definitely in the number two spot. I must've been in a not great place that day.

I don't really feel compelled to move it up my list. In all reality, were I easily able to change my rankings in the form, it would be 6 now instead of 8. But it seems like a pain to change, so eh.

There's no regret for spending 20$ on it though.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I just watched tonight's Agents of SHIELD
    Awesome, Theta project was restoring the helicarrier! It just makes me wish that Coulson had popped up in the movie though, to be honest

No, I don't care how clumsy that would've been, cuz it would have been way more rad

Less awesome is that Jiang might be the stupidest person who ever lived

Like, just think that through for a few seconds, will ya

Sure, the Index as you've heard it described is bad

But you know what's worse

SHIELD having all of their worst fears confirmed and deciding that Inhumans are too dangerous to live and burning everything you love around you

Etchwarts on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I'm far from the biggest DC fangirl that ever lived, but I just re-watched that video about Man of Steel where they restore the colours back into it, and it references the shitty Green Lantern movie that came out.

It makes me wonder who on earth thought it was the bright colours that made that movie fail and not the fact that it was just a shitty adaptation based on a misunderstanding of who/what Green Lantern is.

Let me introduce you to David Goyer.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Future Marvel Speculation
    If the existence of two gauntlets means that there's going to be some kind of gauntlet duel, then I'd guess that the person with the second gauntlet would be Starlord.

Starlord gets defeated the first time he faces off against Thanos. Then he goes back to earth, hears "Billie Jean", learns to moonwalk and how to harness the power of the single gloved hand, allowing him to win the second confrontation against Thanos.

KingofMadCows on
    edited May 2015
    @Raijin Quickfoot

based on the rankings of people who have rankings similar to yours for all films sans Ultron

I'm predicting that you will rank Ultron at #5, possibly #4 if you are in a super good mood on the day

I am 100% happy for you to dodge this prediction deliberately

PS. butt

Vivixenne on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Vision was boring!

It was a good movie though. Not sure if I liked it more than the first, but definitely worth the price of admission.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey
    are the Guardians going to show up in Infinity War?

there is about a 100% chance they'll show up in either part one or part two

I'd wager most characters they've introduced find their way in there at some point

AoU spoilers
    I'm hoping pretty hard that Wanda gets her hands on a gem at some point and brings my boy Pietro back
    I hope this doesn't happen
    and I love Pietro

Dude should stay dead

These movies need to have some kind of stakes and every major non-villain death has been either reversed or revealed to be a lie
    I think the problem isn't that resurrection inherently devalues their death, it's that the method of resurrection is treated as having little to no cost. Like I know some people dislike Wanda for House of M, but that was some serious shit to bring some people back and had long term consequences. Compare it to the end of Godbomb where they make a joke about that being the ninth time Thor had died that he could remember, and his death is quite literally hand waved away by King Thor.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Vision was boring!

It was a good movie though. Not sure if I liked it more than the first, but definitely worth the price of admission.
    You're boring

CYpGAPn.png
    kotxcev2fnxg.jpg
    Tony's Civil War armor

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm digging it but I also feel like we've seen that armour somewhere before?

Veldrin wrote: »
    I'm digging it but I also feel like we've seen that armour somewhere before?
    It looks like it is based on the Bleeding Edge armor
    4283404-invincible_iron_man_vol_1_25_textless_variant.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    What's a bleeding edge?

Okay Flash usually your effects are great but holy shit that RPG hitting the Jeep in this episode looked terrible

CYpGAPn.png
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Awesome, Theta project was restoring the helicarrier! It just makes me wish that Coulson had popped up in the movie though, to be honest

No, I don't care how clumsy that would've been, cuz it would have been way more rad

SHIELD having all of their worst fears confirmed and deciding that Inhumans are too dangerous to live and burning everything you love around you
    She had everyone move out before the meeting, and they've been living without anyone else's knowledge of their existence since pre-history.

They're also a really solid threat if they want to be. I think that if they want to beat SHIELD, they will, and if they want to hide from SHIELD they will.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I hope that armour doesn't bring that trend of putting glowy circles on everything into the MCU. It is ok for Iron Man as his repulsor tech looks like that but please not on more costumes.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm a little bit late to the party, but yes, everyone should give Marvel Heroes a try

I just played some of it using a build for Captain America that was bad and I knew it was bad, but the beauty of it is that it didn't matter, because as long as you're not doing like, the super hard raids, the game can be as easy or as difficult as you want

So if I just want to build a Captain America build around being able to run and jump over obstacles on my quest to throw my bouncing shield in everyone's face, so be it

This episode of Flash is basically Iris flipping the bird to the rest of the cast for 40 minutes and I am loving it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    What's a bleeding edge?

liquid metal armor stored inside Tony's bones. It's awesome.

The best part is that when Tony armors up it looks like a magical girl transformation.

edited May 2015
    I am genuinely amazed that Flash is managing to not only pull off Gorilla Grodd but make him super creepy

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hey nerds

So who the heck do we think Martin Freeman will be playing?

Mad Jim Jaspers, I bet

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

She had everyone move out before the meeting, and they've been living without anyone else's knowledge of their existence since pre-history.

They're also a really solid threat if they want to be. I think that if they want to beat SHIELD, they will, and if they want to hide from SHIELD they will.

Jiaying needs to watch some Game of Thrones.
    So she could have planned a much more effective sneak attack. Earn SHIELD's trust, get some of her people into SHIELD facilities, then attack from the inside and wipe them all out.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    AoS
    So what was Jiaying's plan if it'd been Coulson instead? Was she still going to mist him? Would Skye really believe Coulson would've done something to provoke that? I'd think not.

I'm not sure how much I care for this twist. Gonzalez wasn't a huge asshole! Cal and Jiaying concocted an alternate plan offscreen! Raina was right about everything! It's sort of... eh.

ASimPerson on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I loved Vision

I'm not familiar at all with the character and I always thought his design was kinda dumb and I thought he was gonna look bad and out of place in this universe but man

Paul Bettany fucking killed it

I also love that he was a voice actor for four movies and finally got to get his

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Just got back from Age of Ultron, too pumped to even give a proper comment on it.

But one thing I loved before the movie even started.

Batman vs Superman trailer, full theatre, ended with stone silence, was quiet for entire thing ( as quiet as it can be anyway with BWAAAMP coming over the speakers)

Antman trailer, had the theatre laughing their asses off and had a few cheers ( besides mine) when it ended.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    At the AoU premiere when the BvS trailer came on, after it was over, a man audibly yelled "FUCK DC!" and got a few scattered "woos!" and claps from the audience

I mean, it was a Marvel movie on premiere night so I guess that sorta thing might be expected but I still got a chuckle out of it

Compare it to three years ago when I went to the premiere showing of The Avengers and a trailer for The Dark Knight Rises came on, and when it was over a guy in the back was like "EVERYONE GO SEE THAT ONE TOO"

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Marvel Heroes is having a buy-one-get-one sale for heroes and costumes

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So, I'm reading this Super-Villain Team-Up collection they put out a few weeks ago and man, it should really be called "Super-Villain's flip-flop being pissed off at each other"

Like, so far the book has been

"We should team-up!"
    "Bah, I'll never team up with you!"
    "You'll curse the day you refused to team-up with me!"
    "Wait, I got a great idea, we should team-up!"
    "Bah, I'll never team-up with you!"
    "Then I'll force you to team-up with me!"
    "Wait, what if we teamed-up?"
    "Bah, I'll never team-up with you!"

Turambar wrote: »
    Marvel Heroes is having a buy-one-get-one sale for heroes and costumes

Nooooooooooo my wiiiiiiillpoweeeeer

Secretly glad that Marvel Heroes is not on consoles because I would spend much money

edited May 2015
    welp

installing

damn you, superheroes thread

Vivixenne on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ending of this week's AoS
    I actually like the twist with Jiaying. The assumption was she was a good and benevolent leader based on the times we've seen her, but there were always cracks on the surface indicating otherwise.

Also, for them to be hidden since pre-history would've been pretty improbable if she never got her hands dirty. She even mentions things like people cataloging them happening before; I'm going out on a limb and guess that we're not just talking about Whitehall either. You could probably place Inhuman persecution into any historical moment like the Salem Witch Trials and it wouldn't seem too far fetched. Someone has weird powers or looks like a porcupine? Clearly a witch! Burn them!

She even keeps her fellow Inhumans in-line, with a happy smile but an iron fist. Terrigen mists aren't as limited a quantity if they can reuse reformed crystals, but she only lets a limited number undergo terrigenesis which makes it easier to keep everyone under her guidance.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this, I dunno.

I'm fending off Marvel Heroes temptation with Future Fight, which is actually a pretty dang solid little mobile game

it's F2P and has the baggage that comes with it but is my favorite of all of the Marvel mobile stuff so far

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.