As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prime 2015 [hotel] partners and other hotel discussion

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2015 in PAX West
http://pax2015hotels.com

If you have OnPeak issues, their support email is pax@onpeak.co (yes, not .com)

zerzhul on

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I seriously cannot believe I got the Sheraton. Considering how impossible it is to get into the Westin in Boston during PAX, I thought I was out of luck for sure. Thanks for smiling on me PAXen gods :)

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got Sheraton. Still on queue for tix :/

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The sheraton is *huge*

While proximity is comparable to the westin, capacity is not. Also there's lotso fo ther close hotels.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Got passes, but it seems my hotel reservation process got borked.

Edit:
    Whew, it went through

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I got in right away and all the hotels were still available. That NEVER happens! I think no one was stalking the site cause it was late on a Thursday. I never would have known if not for my monitoring.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The sheraton is *huge*

While proximity is comparable to the westin, capacity is not. Also there's lotso fo ther close hotels.

I figured that was what was up with my impeccable timing. Well, at least I won't have to get up 2 hours early to get to PAX on time like East! I'll have to scope out the hotels to see if I can get a better sense of their pro/cons while I'm there. I was just jazzed to get to be in the hotel with all the board games and nerds hanging out XD

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Is anyone having a lot of trouble with the hotel site? It's been saying It's my turn in line for a good 5 minutes but I can't actually get directed to the registration site

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    yeah I got through at the start and got kicked out when trying to confirm booking - stuck now at end of queue and twice have clicked on the pop-up button to take me to the website

• Foo_DogFoo_Dog Registered User regular
    been at the same place in line for the past 20 mins, hopefully it will sort itself out

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    and now it just told me I'd left the queue and I had to queue again >.<

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    monday sold out on sheraton is bugging me oh well. how's paramount or roosevelt?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Foo_DogFoo_Dog Registered User regular
    and just like that... floodgates opened :-)

• jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    No Sheraton for me this year. Oh well at least I got the Roosevelt!

• kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    are they cancellable?

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    The paramount is damn good, I stayed there in 2010.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    it keep kiking me out when i get to hotel and its my turn. has happen twice

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Damn, I missed the sheraton as well, but got the the hyatt.. Hoping spots open up for mon/tue later at sheraton=(
    kaZombie wrote: »
    are they cancellable?

Yes, you can cancel tickets. I've been able to in the past anyway! It's how tickets can come up again later before the show.
    Also, it doesn't charge you until you actually get to the hotel I believe. It did not charge my card today.

Potatoeman on
    yah it was like ITS YOUR TURN

and then it paused the queue

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I know two folks in Seattle I am going to try to stay with, but will probably try to reserve a room just in case. Glad to know they can be canceled (at least until 30 days prior, I assume).

* been at the "It is your turn. Waiting room is paused and should resume shortly" screen for a bit now!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Hotel site crashed on me just i was filling out all my info for my room. Cant get back in now. Sucks

(Update 1) LOL, finally got back in, my reservation is gone, lost my room, and no rooms available for Saturday night. Ughh

(Update 2) Got a room, not the one I had originally, but it will do. See you all at PAX.

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Anyone else frozen on the OnPeak page? They said someone booked all of the available rooms while I was finishing reserving my room at the Hyatt. Now it's just stuck loading.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Aaaand it just kicked me out to re-queue...

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    monday sold out on sheraton is bugging me oh well. how's paramount or roosevelt?
    I took too long thinking about it and got kicked out. first attempt: 119 ahead my place in line. This attempt: 958 ahead in line. Hmm guess no hotel for me

jCyyTSo.png
  • AyonvoxAyonvox Registered User regular
    It was at "Its your turn!" then told me I left the queue. Now Ive been stuck on 107 ahead of you for 15 minutes -_-

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Folks who didn't get what they want, here's good news: hotel availability changes a lot, especially once the reservations get transferred. If you didn't get your dream hotel, get something else you can live with, and login to OnPeak once in a while to see if any new rooms have opened up in a better hotel. Last year I missed out, but later got a MUCH better hotel (Homewood Suites, which I just reordered for this year).

Dreamwriter on
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I have been in the hotel page three times, hit an 'IT' error and can't do anything. -_-

yupp kicked me out too :c

It put me back to 1202 -_-

• ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Did anyone see any smoking/non-smoking options for rooms? I believe they were there last year, but I fail to see an option this year. Is it just going to be random?

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Edit: Moved, now that there's a thread for hotel sharing.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • sonicgarbagesonicgarbage Registered User regular
    Can anyone confirm the cancellation policy for hotels? Specifically, whether or not there is any sort of cancellation fee or lost deposit. I booked a room at the Mayflower Park Hotel. Only after booking it did I realize that I wouldn't necessarily need it.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Folks who didn't get what they want, here's good news: hotel availability changes a lot, especially once the reservations get transferred. If you didn't get your dream hotel, get something else you can live with, and login to OnPeak once in a while to see if any new rooms have opened up in a better hotel. Last year I missed out, but later got a MUCH better hotel (Homewood Suites, which I just reordered for this year).

Thanks for this. Pretty much using this advice since I kept having problems with OnPeak today.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Aaaannnndddd shit.... the filter at work blocked the onpeak site so no hotel booking today..... dammit

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Can anyone confirm the cancellation policy for hotels? Specifically, whether or not there is any sort of cancellation fee or lost deposit. I booked a room at the Mayflower Park Hotel. Only after booking it did I realize that I wouldn't necessarily need it.
    *Typically* it's around 72 hours advanced notice for cancellations. I would double-check with your reservation details, it should have them listed.

• JessperJessper Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Aaaannnndddd shit.... the filter at work blocked the onpeak site so no hotel booking today..... dammit

Blocked for me too, I used my phone and boy was that a bad experience. I would recommend a full desktop browser if people are still trying this...

Got through and made a reservation at the Mayflower. Hoping I don't have to use it but still better safe than sorry.

• couchapotamuscouchapotamus Registered User regular
    Man the OnPeak site was buggy, repeatedly got an ajax error that blanked out the page and made me sit staring at it for a couple minutes before it would load and error out again.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Yeah, you don't have to worry about cancellation policies until a few days before the reservation. While everything is still in onPeak, you are free to make cancellations, changes, whatever. And making those changes/cancellations helps other people get the rooms they want, so the earlier you do it the better.

• Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I am booked for the Saturday night at the Sheraton, but now the wife is saying maybe we should stay the Sunday night as well.

What are the chances of me being able to get that additional night booked? When are where should I be following up?

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
    the chances are pretty good if you check the hotel site daily between now and pax