As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2015 is HERE! Forumer photo 10 30PM Saturday Grand Hyatt Lobby

rhylithrhylith Death RabbitsHoustonRegistered User regular
edited August 2015 in Social Entropy++
SE++ PHOTO SATURDAY 10:30 PM GRAND HYATT LOBBY

It's that time again!

vsomBmE.jpg

Yes that's right it's yet another PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX in beautiful rainy Seattle, WA at the Washington State Convention Center Aug 28-31!

These are the cool people who are going:
rhylith
Sal
Radius
RMED
Veretas
KetBra
Zerzhul
The Hanged Man
Baidol
The Geek
Rankenphile
robotbee
Matev
Slacker71
MikeLL
godmode
ceres
makershot
iloveslimes
DrZiplock

And these also cool people will be in town for hangouts:
Usagi
Smart Hero
Cello
Tonkka
Weaver
Hacksaw
Aphostile
Zonugal
chromdom

Join the groupme! Details in spoiler
Ok gals and guys, I'm turning the GroupMe back on. It's a great app for group chats that we have used the last few years to keep in contact amongst ourselves during the con. It's a free app for any smartphone. Sign up and then use this link to join the group if you're not already in.

It is suggested that you make your screen name in this format so people can identify you by either your real or forum name: Grant (The Geek)

https://groupme.com/join_group/5077204/WQufWi

What other cool things are there to do?

THE ANNUAL ROANOKE SE++ CAR BOMB DRUNKSTRAVAGANZA (WITH BONUS USAGI BIRTHDAY!)
reader001.jpg
Ever wanted to drink way too much and eat delicious nachos and not have fried food or karaoke? Now's your chance!
Thursday the 27th
Roanoke Park Place
2409 10th Ave E
from 7 pm to oh god what time is it where am I?

KARAOKE AT ROCKBOX!
Sunday the 30th
Rock Box
1603 Nagle Pl
Seattle, WA 98122
8:30pm-10:30pm (first 15 people MAX), 10:30pm-2:00am (big room, 30+)

SEE SPOILER BELOW FROM THE GEEK FOR MORE INFO
Karaoke is the night of Sunday the 30th at the Rockbox up the hill. Transportation is your responsibility.

Nevs has reserved two smallish rooms between 8:30 to 10:30, which can fit 15 people between the two of them, MAX. If you get there and the rooms are full, TOUGH SHIT, THEMS THE BREAKS.

However, he has also reserved the big party room from 10:30 to 2:00 which is good for 30+, so if you miss the first small rooms, come by later and join the big group.

You can order drinks in the rooms.

This is basically the same setup that we had last year.

But what will be different from last year is we won't have a few people dominating the mic. There is no KJ, so we control the input ourselves, and it can get out of hand. So here are the ground rules:
You can put in 1 (one) song at a time. You can put in another song after you step off the stage from your song. NO SOONER.
ASK before jumping on the second mic to join someone else's song. There will be NO guilting of anyone who wants to do their song alone.
You will NOT delete any songs on the list.
You will NOT rearrange the order of the songs on the list.

If at any time it becomes apparent that people are not following these simple rules, Nevs or I will then control the input device and nobody else can put stuff in. You will go through us. We will be the ones responsible because Nevs is the one paying for and arranging it, and I will likely be the only sober person there all night.

And speaking of Neville paying for and arranging it, PLEASE be a good lady or chap and kick in a few bucks to him if you can. Or buy him a drink. Or express your most sincere gratitude that he's doing this again for us scoundrels. He has not asked for this. But I am telling you anyway.

DINNER at ROCK BOTTOM (People may be dressed fancy!!?!?!?)
Reservation was made for 12 people at 6:00 pm. Contact @cello for more info!
Saturday the 29th @ 6:00 pm
Rainier Square, 1333 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101

Other things usually happen but I haven't heard anything yet! Misc. shenanigans? Let me know I'll add it here!

bombardier on

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Sitting in the queue

Good ol' queue

xet8c.gif

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Same.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Figures, just spent all my monies on a new apartment and don't get paid again till next week. Welp, will still have fun hanging out with everyone!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Good luck you guys

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    got in the queue about a minute ago

If I get some passes cool if not whatever

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh awesome!

I'm broke!

Fuck!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    I got in queue about 2-3 minutes after the tweet. Had to run to my computer from a coworker's office.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I got in under a minute after the announcement. Still in queue

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    No weekend passes? Alright

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »
    No weekend passes? Alright

So you're through the queue?

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I think there just aren't weekend passes this year.

And thanks, Rhylith!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Made it through the queue and bought passes! Good luck, guys!

xet8c.gif

Radius wrote: »
    I think there just aren't weekend passes this year.

And thanks, Rhylith!

No problem!

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    by the time I got through the queue, which I joined within 17 seconds of the tweet, only single day passes were left

the PAX ordering system has a long history of saving me hundreds of dollars by making sure I do not attend

Jasconius on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    FYI, if you're in town for PAX and want to see My Brother, My Brother and Me live, tickets are still on sale.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?pid=8012939&orgid=30247

8406wWN.png
    Yup I'm through!

This will be my first pax in like... 6 years?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    There's no 4-Day passes for sale this time according to zerzhul, so you have to buy individual days anyways

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I have been badged.

In fact, I have been badged twice.

[IMG][/img]
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I think I'm just gonna get 3 days or something this year. Maybe 2.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    woo, pax!

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i think i'm gonna have to shoot for next year. a huge chunk of friends decided this year to get married. much travel, very flying! no PAX :[

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    From http://prime.paxsite.com/news/pax-prime-changes-in-the-works
    Another PAX Prime is on the horizon! Can you feel it? That special ache in your teeth? And everything smells like copper? I might be having a stroke.

But hey, we’re shaking up a few things in order to min-max your enjoyment-per-second at the event.

Change #1. No more Queue Hall. The biggest complaint we get is the Expo Hall being overcrowded. With that in mind we’re going to take the space that was the Queue Hall and spread it evenly throughout the halls to widen the aisles. This means the same amount of exhibitors with hopefully more elbow room.

So… where do you line up to get in the convention center? That’s a great question! We’ll have two primary “entrances” running simultaneously in the morning – One will be the Convention Center (head to the main entrance on Pike and building staff will direct you where to go), and the other will be at the Annex. BOTH will be let into the show at 10 AM sharp, so you can go to either location in the morning.

Change #2. No stopping in mid-aisle to take photos - particularly of cosplay. If you want to take cosplay pics, that’s cool, we just ask you do it off the Expo Floor. Pictures within a booth, provided it’s been approved by the exhibitor, are fine. We’re trying to make sure people don’t randomly stop and cause traffic problems.

Change #3: Lastly we will be doing away with 4-Day badges. When looking over the data, we saw that people were buying 4-Day badges and not using them for the full four days. By switching everything over to single days, we can help ensure that every sold badge actually gets used. Since the show isn’t falling on Labor Day, it would have made the “not using the Monday part of their 4-Day badge” situation even more pronounced.

Hopefully with all these changes, we’ll be able to provide an especially enjoyable environment for everyone and make sure the maximum number of people can take part in the festivities.

After all, it’s only 112 days away!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    UPDATE: ROOM IS TAKEN FROM THE AFTERNOON OF THURSDAY AUGUST 27th TO THE MORNING OF TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 1st. If you still need a room on the nights of 8/26 and 9/1, I can still help you out, but the actual PAX block itself is booked.
    (Spoilered for archival purposes, just in case the current reservation falls through and I want to re-post this rapidly) I don't know if there usually winds up being another thread for hotel arrangements or what, so I'll post this here.

I'VE GOT A RESERVATION AT THE PANAMA HOTEL AT $99/NIGHT, which is around 50% of the prices I'm seeing for the sponsored hotels.

I booked it from Wednesday August 26th to checkout the morning of Wednesday September 2nd. My flight gets in around noon on the 26th, so I wouldn't count on checking in before 2-3PM. And I'll be checking out around 9-10AM on the 2nd. If anyone's thinking about splitting a room, keep me in mind. Even if you're not planning to be in town for the full span that I am, anything I can do to slash my own costs even further is nice.

There are two beds, and one of them is all mine, so I'd probably split the cost 50/50, but we can talk it out if even $49/night is too much for your budget (or if you're a crazy person who would generously like to pick up more than half the bill?). And then if you wanted to split the other bed with another person, that is your business to negotiate, including prices. I think the hotel will charge me more if I try to put more people in there though, so obviously clear any additional guests with me first.

Pros
    - 1.2 miles on foot from the convention center. (Google Maps)
    - I don't think you're going to beat that price anywhere near Downtown Seattle.
    - Reviews I'm seeing indicate that the Hotel WiFi isn't bad at all. Probably because it's a smaller location and has fewer guests competing for the signal.
    - 20 minutes drive from SeaTac, and only a block from the International District stop on the light rail, straight from the airport.
    - Continental Breakfast
    - "Panama Hotel Tea and Coffee House", which is a restaurant and bar.

Cons
    - 1.2 miles on foot to the convention center. I certainly don't mind walking, but you might, especially if you're going to be staying out for late events like the concerts.
    - Some of the reviews describe the neighborhood as kind of sketchy, but those reviews have a very "sheltered suburban middle-class white person" feel to them, so I'm not too sure how much faith to put in them.
    - Some of the reviews also complain about noise. Personally, when I get back to my room after a day of PAX, I'm typically exhausted enough to sleep through anything short of aerial bombardment.
    - In my experience, "Historic Hotel" is a code word for kind of dodgy oldschool beds.
    - Parking is $15 a day, and not actually run by the hotel. Based on what I've seen of the city, I wouldn't bet on spots being available consistently.
    - SHARED BATHROOMS. Each floor has a men's and women's bathroom. There's a sink and mirror inside the rooms, though. And they provide bathrobes so nobody has to see your gnarly pajamas in the hall.
    - I am a big weird stranger on the internet, and you have only my word that I'm not going to lick your eyelids while you sleep.
    - No TVs in rooms.

EDIT: New Con/Pro, depending on your perspective on ectoplasmic phenomenon of even-more-dubious-than-usual certainty: APPARENTLY IT'S HAUNTED? THAT'S COOL, RIGHT?!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Through the queue and badges purchased.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    PASSES GET

BLM - ACAB
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Saturday sold out

8406wWN.png
    Saturday and Sunday gone, because nothing good can last. wow.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    As much fun as last year was I gotta give this one a miss, as I will be moving to a new city like three weeks before the convention

Got em!

got in about about a minute after saturday and sunday sold out, which were all I really wanted anyways. Ah well.

wait, kept refreshing, and now I have two sets, thank you various people around the world for messing up.

Now waiting on hotel queue.

BLM - ACAB
  • robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    Passes: acquired.

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Got badges for me and my bf. PAX bound baby!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    So, who's looking to split a room at this shindig?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    HOTEL GET

BLM - ACAB
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Baidol wrote: »
    So, who's looking to split a room at this shindig?

I still haven't had any inquiries - scroll up for my ad.

(EDIT: Room's mostly taken. I still have spots on 8/26 and 9/1, but the whole middle part of the booking is claimed.)

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I got all four days!

Looks like just some Monday passes left now.

BLM - ACAB
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Oh great, the badges had to go up the day I had jury duty and thus couldn't react to the ticket announcement. I just checked and all tickets are sold out.