As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2015 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• Options
    carlfreemancarlfreeman Registered User new member
    So like many people today I bought tickets but after the fact I noticed I messed up a single letter in my email address and credit card information. I emailed pax_questions about my problem, but I'm not sure that's the right place. If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yes, pax_questions@paxsite.com is the right place to go :D

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited May 2015
    Scunosi wrote: »
    That's a bummer. Is there a point of contact for things we want to see from professionals in the future (like a certain company or group) that we aren't actually involved with? Or do companies just have to come to you and ask to be a part of the show?

Your point of contact would be the company or people that you want to do the panel, convince them that there is demand for a panel by them. We don't organize panels ourselves (baring the few we put on) but rely on the community to come up with the content. Its part of what makes PAX great is that its full of the great panels you want to see, instead of what we think you want to see.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Hello all. First of all, if I am posting this in the wrong section Sorry. Also if this isn't allowed sorry again. Anyways, I was just wondering what to do if I miss out on PAX prime tickets. Are there any seasoned PAXers out there that would recommend doing something in improving the chance of getting tickets(yes, I know they are sold out). I'm already checking reddit for tickets, but is there anything else? Thanks so much in advance. Apparently sleeping in doesn't help your chances of getting tickets when they are released.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Hello all. First of all, if I am posting this in the wrong section Sorry. Also if this isn't allowed sorry again. Anyways, I was just wondering what to do if I miss out on PAX prime tickets. Are there any seasoned PAXers out there that would recommend doing something in improving the chance of getting tickets(yes, I know they are sold out). I'm already checking reddit for tickets, but is there anything else? Thanks so much in advance. Apparently sleeping in doesn't help your chances of getting tickets when they are released.
    If you live in Seattle, there are often people selling their surplus badges for better than scalper prices (if not at cost) before the PAX opens.

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    So I saw the new FAQ that says they're doing away with the queue room and the expo hall will allow both points of entry at 10am. When can we enter the building to line up for the merch?

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »

I would recommend waiting until it is closer to the date. Lots of tickets go on sale right now, but they usually go down in price closer to.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    zeale wrote: »
    So I saw the new FAQ that says they're doing away with the queue room and the expo hall will allow both points of entry at 10am. When can we enter the building to line up for the merch?
    That is a terrific question that I am sure will be answered closer to the show :)

• Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    So for pax noobs like me who missed out yet again, what are the odds of getting passes outside the convention center on the days of for prices that aren't exorbitantly high? My brother and I have missed out on Prime twice in a row and I really don't want to make it a third this year :(

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    If you do try such a thing, make sure the seller accompanies you to Will-Call to verify it isn't counterfeit

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Can anyone comment on how easy it is to get from Fremont to the downtown convention area via public transportation/uber? I've got a friend who lives in Fremont, and since he's going to be out of town during pax, I'm considering asking him if I can use his spot. I'd obviously be saving a bunch of cash by not staying at a hotel, but if getting there and back is too much of a hassle I'll reconsider.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Can anyone comment on how easy it is to get from Fremont to the downtown convention area via public transportation/uber? I've got a friend who lives in Fremont, and since he's going to be out of town during pax, I'm considering asking him if I can use his spot. I'd obviously be saving a bunch of cash by not staying at a hotel, but if getting there and back is too much of a hassle I'll reconsider.

According to Google Maps, pretty easy. But if your friend does not live near the station, it would obviously be harder. Having a hotel close to the convention center is fantastic. The ability to quickly go to your room and dump swag/use the bathroom/change clothes is not to be underestimated. But saving >$800 is nothing dumb either.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    He's just a few blocks from that stop, so that looks like it would be pretty easy to work out. Thanks for that map; going to have to look at bus schedules. Definitely see both sides. I generally spend as little time as possible in my hotel room when I'm traveling, but I'm thinking this sounds like the kind of event where having a nearby place to crash is probably a good thing.

• Options
    davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    Getting to downtown from Fremont isn't too bad by bus. YoungFrey is correct that a close in hotel would be much more convenient but if I had to choose between $200/night convenience and Fremont, I would choose Fremont. A bus ride from central Fremont entails either the 26 or 28 bus. From there, either bus travels the same route downtown. Assuming the draw bridge isn't up and traffic doesn't totally stink then the trip is 15 minutes or so. From there you would walk to the convention center and that's about 7-10 blocks depending on what stop you get off. I also recommend buying an ORCA card. Here is the Seattle area metro website. http://metro.kingcounty.gov

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • Options
    He's just a few blocks from that stop, so that looks like it would be pretty easy to work out. Thanks for that map; going to have to look at bus schedules. Definitely see both sides. I generally spend as little time as possible in my hotel room when I'm traveling, but I'm thinking this sounds like the kind of event where having a nearby place to crash is probably a good thing.

I usually stay out at The Moore, which saves me >$100/night. But the year I was in the Sheraton was amazingly convenient and decadent.

• Options
    MarokazamMarokazam Registered User regular
    Is there an approximate date of when the Room Share thread will go up?

• Options
    davobah wrote: »
    Getting to downtown from Fremont isn't too bad by bus. YoungFrey is correct that a close in hotel would be much more convenient but if I had to choose between $200/night convenience and Fremont, I would choose Fremont. A bus ride from central Fremont entails either the 26 or 28 bus. From there, either bus travels the same route downtown. Assuming the draw bridge isn't up and traffic doesn't totally stink then the trip is 15 minutes or so. From there you would walk to the convention center and that's about 7-10 blocks depending on what stop you get off. I also recommend buying an ORCA card. Here is the Seattle area metro website. http://metro.kingcounty.gov

Thanks for the info! I made a reservation at the mayflower, just to make sure I have a backup plan, but I think I'm going to try to use my friend's spot.

• Options
    Marokazam wrote: »
    Is there an approximate date of when the Room Share thread will go up?
    Knew I was forgetting something important. Doing that now.

• Options
    That One ChickThat One Chick Registered User new member
    Hey there, so I bought PAX tickets. Got a confirmation code, all of the information is correct. But I never got an email. I am a streamer, and have already told my viewers that I will be there. Is the fact I didnt get an email a problem? Or will the tickets just be sent. Seems a bit odd to me. I also have a back problem, so sitting in line is going to be very difficult for me. How do I get a medical badge? I didnt realize there was even medical badges untill I started going through the forums.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Hey there, so I bought PAX tickets. Got a confirmation code, all of the information is correct. But I never got an email. I am a streamer, and have already told my viewers that I will be there. Is the fact I didnt get an email a problem? Or will the tickets just be sent. Seems a bit odd to me. I also have a back problem, so sitting in line is going to be very difficult for me. How do I get a medical badge? I didnt realize there was even medical badges untill I started going through the forums.

E-mail pax_questions@paxsite.com with your purchase information. They should be able to help you sort through everything.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    How much was shipping for badges? I could've sworn it was $6 for USPS Priority and it was the only option, but the charged just cleared my credit card and it wasn't added in to the total. Did I misread that while rushing for badges? Or is that going to be a problem later on?

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    jukkakhan wrote: »
    How much was shipping for badges? I could've sworn it was $6 for USPS Priority and it was the only option, but the charged just cleared my credit card and it wasn't added in to the total. Did I misread that while rushing for badges? Or is that going to be a problem later on?
    When I was ordering my badges I saw that both Priority and Standard were $0, so I chose Priority. I'm pretty sure it was a bug but I guess they aren't charging for it.

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    I wanted to ask what success people have had with shipping to Canada. I have never had my badges shipped out as they state it ships out two weeks prior to the event which seems to be cutting it a little too close for my liking...

Thoughts?

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    pogoplay wrote: »
    I wanted to ask what success people have had with shipping to Canada. I have never had my badges shipped out as they state it ships out two weeks prior to the event which seems to be cutting it a little too close for my liking...

Thoughts?

Prior to this year I have always had my tickets shipped. Never had a problem because INTL tickets seem to go out in the first or second wave. Even for PAX South this year when the tickets were a little closer to my travel date than usual they still got here about a week before the crunch time (ie: two days before my travel).

You will get a shipping email once they're mailed, and generally after that email they're at your door/in your mailbox three days later. It's generally super reliable :)

CodextehFish on
    Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    BYOC tickets...I didn't check the box to be on the notification blast for BYOC tickets, is there anyway to still be notified?

We had a great time at our first BYOC @ East, and would really like to do it at Prime.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    BYOC tickets...I didn't check the box to be on the notification blast for BYOC tickets, is there anyway to still be notified?

We had a great time at our first BYOC @ East, and would really like to do it at Prime.

You can go to the showclix site herE: https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login.

You'll be able to log in, find the tickets and modify the two ticker options (Omegathon and BYOC) to your heart's content.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular

Last year they tweeted when BYOC registration went live:

39nppqni0n6j.png

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options

When emailing pax_questions@paxsite.com with your purchase information about your passes, ask them about a medical badge. If you can't make arrangements ahead of time, talk to an Enforcer when you are there. They were able to get a set for me and my hubby two years ago when I was having issues after breaking my ankle in April. I wasn't sure if I was really going to need one, but realized I did after the first Q&A. They were a great help!

• Options
    pogoplay wrote: »

Thoughts?

We always had them delivered and got them on time. (We are in Edmonton, AB) We usually have to leave at least 3 days before so we can drop our kids off with the grandparents before heading down too. They usually try to get the international passes out in the first couple of runs so everyone has a chance to get them before they need to travel. Worst case, it is my understanding that you can email pax_questions@paxsite.com if you have not received them before you travel and make arrangements for a Will-Call, but they usually try to avoid that.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    You can go to the showclix site herE: https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login.

You'll be able to log in, find the tickets and modify the two ticker options (Omegathon and BYOC) to your heart's content.
    Thanks, will do.

And, I'll keep an eye out for the tweet!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    jcphnejcphne Registered User regular
    I didn't get a badge and it is sold out when I looked. Dang it !

• Options
    jcphne wrote: »
    I didn't get a badge and it is sold out when I looked. Dang it !

Tickets typically go on sale in April or May. Set up twitter alerts for the PAX twitter account and/or get a browser add-on that tells you when the registration page gets modified. Be warned, the browser mod will give you a bunch of false starts in the weeks before it goes live.

• Options
    cmgncmgn Registered User new member
    If I buy a ticket or badge online do I just use it to get in or what?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The badge is all you need.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    cmgn wrote: »
    If I buy a ticket or badge online do I just use it to get in or what?
    I'd recommend bringing along the email confirmation and the paperwork that comes with it. I've never lost a badge, but I'd guess you won't get anywhere if you can't show you ever had one. You won't need it to get in the doors, but I always bring it to Seattle.

• Options
    az2mt2003az2mt2003 Registered User new member
    I am not sure if this has been brought up on the forums yet, but I am wondering if there is any place that I could store my luggage while I am at PAX? I am traveling to PAX and plan on attending Sunday, however I must check out of my hotel on Sunday, and I don't think that carrying my luggage around all day is practical. Anybody have any suggestions? I guess I could always reserve another hotel room but that seems like a waste of room and money...

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    az2mt2003 wrote: »
    I am not sure if this has been brought up on the forums yet, but I am wondering if there is any place that I could store my luggage while I am at PAX? I am traveling to PAX and plan on attending Sunday, however I must check out of my hotel on Sunday, and I don't think that carrying my luggage around all day is practical. Anybody have any suggestions? I guess I could always reserve another hotel room but that seems like a waste of room and money...

Most hotels will hold bags after you check out. Call up your hotel and ask them. In years past, there has been a coat check, but I don't think prime has had one these last few years.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    peetsnack wrote: »
    az2mt2003 wrote: »

Most hotels will hold bags after you check out. Call up your hotel and ask them. In years past, there has been a coat check, but I don't think prime has had one these last few years.

I really think every hotel does this. I end up doing it every PAX. Maybe if you are staying at a hostel won't but I'd be shocked if any of the PAX-affiliated hotels don't (and never stay there).

• Options
    Yeah, afaik the convention center will not be operating a bag/coat check. This could, as always, change, but it would be much easier to contact your hotel for this purpose. Most hotels will do that (I don't think I've encountered any that won't).

• Options
    cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    This is gonna be my first year bringing a toddler, my son who will be 2 on PAX.
    Any tips or advice for fellow PAX parents would be appreciated. MODS, is it ok to create a separate thread if needed?

This discussion has been closed.