As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey. How's your day going?

ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
Hey guys, lets rap for a bit

casual-dog.jpg

How is your day going?

Did you sleep well?

sleep-deprived1.jpg

Did you have a nice breakfast?

Eating-drinking-Driving.jpg

Work going ok?

78631096.jpg?w=650&h=406&keep_ratio=1&webp=1

Tell me about your day!

243712661913a6e65863dc9c3d67ff31.jpg

This is a thread for getting stuff off your chest, gripes, anecdotes, stories, or happy news that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Whether you're here to brag or complain, the chinchilla will listen.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm doing pretty well.

I found a bunch of chocolate coins in my rain jacket. What was most interesting is that they were british pound coins, not canadian dollars. Which means they've been in that pocket since December when I was in England, and when I last wore that jacket.

I'm certain they're still safe to eat; I'm also quite certain through eating them that they're delicious.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    For me, I was in a car accident last week and had repairs done, but the car had been overheating so I had to take it in this morning.

Turned out it was just a radiator fan fuse that was shot, and everythings cool now!

Plus I'm puppysitting this puppy this week:
    1513727_10101091432322799_2387999104064379336_n.jpg?oh=75b9eaf2b1cbbb537648a80b339fea4e&oe=55C611D5

Which means a lot of walking which is helping me get off my butt, so thats good

how bout you guys?

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    A car crash?? Are you okay Chincy??

Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm doing pretty well.

I found a bunch of chocolate coins in my rain jacket. What was most interesting is that they were british pound coins, not canadian dollars. Which means they've been in that pocket since December when I was in England, and when I last wore that jacket.

I'm certain they're still safe to eat; I'm also quite certain through eating them that they're delicious.

This is maybe the best surprise pocket contents story I have ever heard

20 bucks is fine

chocolate coins is better

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am doing alright. Waiting for class to start. Later today I'm buying new shoes, which will be nice because that means I can finally start the couch to 5k program!

Also I've started saving up for one of those fancy new New Nintendo 3DS XLs. I already have an XL but it's used and kinda grimy looking, so I figure I'll get the new one and possibly order a new shell for the old one and replace it so I can give it to Anya when she's old enough to start playing videogames.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was going to say 'middling' but I just remembered half a packet of chili cassava crisps I have leftover from lunch so, pretty well actually.

Liiya wrote: »

Totally fine!

I was making a phone call in stop and go traffic to my grandpa in the hospital (who is also fine now!) and I looked down and when I looked back up I hit the lady in front of me

Everybody was ok, just damage to my car.

The lady showed up to my court date and asked them to drop the charges, though she DID write me a letter about the importance of the young people paying more attention when they drive.

It was weird but kinda cute.

Totally fine!

I was making a phone call in stop and go traffic to my grandpa in the hospital (who is also fine now!) and I looked down and when I looked back up I hit the lady in front of me

The lady showed up to my court date and asked them to drop the charges, though she DID write me a letter about the importance of the young people paying more attention when they drive.

Well! I am glad you are okay and it was just a bit of damage! Good of her to drop that charges.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It hurts to put on pants and shoes now. Even sitting can be painful. Soon my spine will go under the knife and I may never walk again.

Boyfriend may lose his job next Monday because of Corporate Restructuring.

DAMN YOU LIFE

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I hate my work schedule. It's erratic at best, often times having back to back 14-16 hour days with barely 8 hours in between, which usually means about 5 hours of sleep. It's caused health issues, which I'm just now trying to rectify with diet and exercise, and it's really thrown off my work/life balance. I barely see @sheri anymore, aside from one day a week where I'm usually so wiped out that I don't want to do anything. We never have evenings together, and even moreso, lots of times I find myself getting home late and waking her up. It's a huge pain and it doesn't really seem like there's an end in my current job.

Totally fine!

Well! I am glad you are okay and it was just a bit of damage! Good of her to drop that charges.

She was a very nice lady and I am glad she was not hurt

I have resolved to be better about my phone usage

It was super surreal to have her read this thing about the young people and their phones in front of the judge but it makes a good story and she was cool about it.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    It hurts to put on pants and shoes now. Even sitting can be painful. Soon my spine will go under the knife and I may never walk again.

Boyfriend may lose his job next Monday because of Corporate Restructuring.

DAMN YOU LIFE

I'm sorry to hear that MP!

I hope that your surgery goes well and your boyfriend keeps his job.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    We've successfully appealed a daft planning condition on our new grain store today, so things are good.

• number13number13 Registered User regular
    Not bad. I cleaned the kitchen last night and put everything in its place, and when I woke up this morning the kitchen tongs were sitting out on the counter. I thought that was weird, but

Well, my wife is 5'2 and she couldn't reach the cereal, so she had to improvise. So, I woke up to possibly the most adorable situation ever. Plus, we have the day off together which doesn't happen all too often so... pretty good!

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I hate my work schedule. It's erratic at best, often times having back to back 14-16 hour days with barely 8 hours in between, which usually means about 5 hours of sleep. It's caused health issues, which I'm just now trying to rectify with diet and exercise, and it's really thrown off my work/life balance. I barely see sheri anymore, aside from one day a week where I'm usually so wiped out that I don't want to do anything. We never have evenings together, and even moreso, lots of times I find myself getting home late and waking her up. It's a huge pain and it doesn't really seem like there's an end in my current job.

:bro:

that's some lame shit javen

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Javen wrote: »
    I hate my work schedule. It's erratic at best, often times having back to back 14-16 hour days with barely 8 hours in between, which usually means about 5 hours of sleep. It's caused health issues, which I'm just now trying to rectify with diet and exercise, and it's really thrown off my work/life balance. I barely see @sheri anymore, aside from one day a week where I'm usually so wiped out that I don't want to do anything. We never have evenings together, and even moreso, lots of times I find myself getting home late and waking her up. It's a huge pain and it doesn't really seem like there's an end in my current job.

I'm sorry about that Javen!

I know a lot of people here have worked schedules that killed their personal lives and it can be really soul crushing.

I hope it won't be forever and that you figure out something that will work better for you and Sheri.

I am in a pickle. I am working with two other landarch students/friends, a bunch of architects, to design a peace garden for a local chapel that may well actually get made. The landarch are supposed to lead the design as it is literally a landscape architecture project, so we have been figuring out our idea all day and have a pretty solid concept. The architects to do research and models, but turns out they have also decided to do a design and tomorrow we must vote and I'm... what? It would be like me designing a building, they've not asked us anything about it despite the Reverend specifying she wants if plant focused and they are not landscape architects.

I am pretty competitive to start with, but I know I will be pretty insulted if their design wins, and they outnumber us. Because they've already suggested pretty unfeasible ideas and I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing and yeah.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Panic attack last night meant I didn't sleep for shit and I felt like shit until...I got swore at by a guy repeatedly because he was grumpy because our dialer call woke him up them he called me a "stupid motherfucker" and hung up.

That made my day and I'm still laughing about it.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm poopin and it's pretty nice

JtgVX0H.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I am doing relatively well. A little bored at work, not sleeping super well, dealing with the aftermath of family drama but healing from it.
    On the other side, it's warm out finally, which does wonders for my mood. I am loving the sun and the heat after the brutal New England winter we had.

AND

....my boyfriend and I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a dog this year. :) something I've wanted for ages.

I am doing relatively well. A little bored at work, not sleeping super well, dealing with the aftermath of family drama but healing from it.
    On the other side, it's warm out finally, which does wonders for my mood. I am loving the sun and the heat after the brutal New England winter we had.

AND

....my boyfriend and I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a dog this year. :) something I've wanted for ages.

Have you guys figured out what kind of puppy you're getting?

I am in a pickle. I am working with two other landarch students/friends, a bunch of architects, to design a peace garden for a local chapel that may well actually get made. The landarch are supposed to lead the design as it is literally a landscape architecture project, so we have been figuring out our idea all day and have a pretty solid concept. The architects to do research and models, but turns out they have also decided to do a design and tomorrow we must vote and I'm... what? It would be like me designing a building, they've not asked us anything about it despite the Reverend specifying she wants if plant focused and they are not landscape architects.

I am pretty competitive to start with, but I know I will be pretty insulted if their design wins, and they outnumber us. Because they've already suggested pretty unfeasible ideas and I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing and yeah.

I hope yours wins Liiya!

That's really cool

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I went to the library yesterday and now I have books

Today is pretty good, I think

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm doing ok today I guess.

Didn't sleep too well so I'm exhausted.

Have to give a training presentation today on some software so I'm a little nervous. I've already done it once at one of our other offices and it went well, but there's a management guy and someone waaaaay more experienced than I am with the software attending this one so I have to fight off those brain spiders.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I spent eight hours drunk and hanging out with this puppy yesterday. I'm a little hungover.

11206849_10206792611036833_8639093142041747268_o.jpg

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    good god damn baroque you look fuckin' great

also sweet dog

lfYVHTd.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Is Chincy the new Kuribo's Shoe?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm doing pretty well.

This is maybe the best surprise pocket contents story I have ever heard

20 bucks is fine

chocolate coins is better

FMLVfFJ.jpg

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    today i took my little brother to school and then got starbucks for my mom and now i'm trying to figure out what productive things i can do that don't require all that much effort

have any of you ever had the breakfast sandwiches from starbucks because they are so surprisingly good

lfYVHTd.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    good god damn baroque you look fuckin' great

also sweet dog

Thanks, man! I've dropped a bunch of weight because I gave up soda, finally decided to do something different with my hair, my barber spent an hour on my beard yesterday, etc.

Takin' care of myself.

2dtr87s.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Man I find candy in my jacket all the time.

What do you guys keep in your jackets.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Man I find candy in my jacket all the time.

What do you guys keep in your jackets.

Receipts, mostly

i did hear a song whilst driving that made my heart hurt pretty bad (thinkin bout you by frank ocean) but i'm coolin'

also this is what i look like now i have a hard time not going back and comparing old pictures of me to new pictures of me
    4 years ago

u9unJJz.png

Month and a half ago

4Db4fQ8.jpg

i'm not exactly where I want to be, my clothes cover up the problem areas (stomach, ass, pelvis) but i plan on fixing that over the summer

tbh my favorite part of weighing less other than not having crippling anxiety is i get to wear nice clothes! all kinds of shit i always wanted to wear and now i can

i can't tell if i could rock a peacoat but i've always wanted one

lfYVHTd.png
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Unhappy Things - There is a very noisy water pipe in the ceiling over my bedroom that runs from around midnight to 4AM, for no observable reason, and I am a very light sleeper. I've asked my landlord about it, and he's just as baffled as I am. Also a spider fell on me in the shower today, and in my flailing panic I upended the entire shampoo bottle down the drain.

Happy Things - They finally put blinds up on the windows of my office, so I can nap on my couch here during lunch if necessary, and don't spend the first hour of every shift squinting at the sunrise any more. Also, my PAX Prime tickets, hotel and airplane are sorted out, my vacation time is blocked off with work far enough in advance that no one is going to try to challenge it, and I've got someone splitting the hotel 5 of the7 nights I'll be in town. And if I'm cautious with my budget, I'll be able to finally ditch my ancient garbage brick phone before August. But I'm probably going to bug the hell out of everyone around me until then geeking out about the trip.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    yeah man, get that peacoat. Peacoats rule.

2dtr87s.png
    I spent eight hours drunk and hanging out with this puppy yesterday. I'm a little hungover.

11206849_10206792611036833_8639093142041747268_o.jpg

Baroque you have a very cute dog

I am glad you had a nice day!

You could rock a peacoat, Swords.

Is Chincy the new Kuribo's Shoe?

I don't know what this means in this context!

Is it good!?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    today i took my little brother to school and then got starbucks for my mom and now i'm trying to figure out what productive things i can do that don't require all that much effort

have any of you ever had the breakfast sandwiches from starbucks because they are so surprisingly good

They are good!

One time I ordered their egg and veggie sandwich, but they didn't have it

So they gave me an egg and cheese sandwich with a coupon for a free drink

It was nice!

You could rock a peacoat, Swords.

tbh this is the only endorsement i need

lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.