As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey. How's your day going?

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Today is pretty excellent - I found out my offer to fill in for someone in a slightly higher role during her maternity was accepted so I'll get a chance to show that I'm capable of bigger role.

This week is stressful though - tomorrow we get more information on if we might qualify for a mortgage and if my niece will be living with us full time.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    You could rock a peacoat, Swords.

tbh this is the only endorsement i need

awww :D

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    today i took my little brother to school and then got starbucks for my mom and now i'm trying to figure out what productive things i can do that don't require all that much effort

have any of you ever had the breakfast sandwiches from starbucks because they are so surprisingly good

They are good!

One time I ordered their egg and veggie sandwich, but they didn't have it

So they gave me an egg and cheese sandwich with a coupon for a free drink

It was nice!

I had some kind of breakfast sandwhich from Dunkin Doughnuts the other day and was shocked that it was actually not bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm sitting in class waiting to give a presentation on why King Leopold II was a piece of shit.

Also sometimes I wish I could record this class because any level of social ability apparently gets lost in upper division PoliSci classes.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I didn't have breakfast today, I usually only do brunch at best, and that's only when I have time. Traffic was garbage so I was late to work but nobody cares because I manage a very relaxed group of employees.

I'm thinking about lunch! It's Taco Tuesday so that's probably going to happen, but who knows?

Rainfall wrote: »
    I didn't have breakfast today, I usually only do brunch at best, and that's only when I have time. Traffic was garbage so I was late to work but nobody cares because I manage a very relaxed group of employees.

I'm thinking about lunch! It's Taco Tuesday so that's probably going to happen, but who knows?

Taco Tuesday is the most cherished of holidays and you must honor it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Looking over the code I'm going to have to complete for someone who just quit because they kind of caused a big problem for a client...

This function here? The one that's supposed to process files? Yeah, it just loops a directory and deletes everything (and this wasn't even what he did that caused a problem...)

We'll get back there someday.
    GSM wrote: »
    Looking over the code I'm going to have to complete for someone who just quit because they kind of caused a big problem for a client...

This function here? The one that's supposed to process files? Yeah, it just loops a directory and deletes everything (and this wasn't even what he did that caused a problem...)

I am not a code wizard but that doesn't seem right

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I'm a code wizard, and that looks fucked up

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I'm a code wizard, and that looks fucked up

excuse me I have to go monetize some wizard shit

Yeah, plus I'm really feeling some mexifries. Hurrah for tacos!

What are mexi-fries

what is a peacoat

I forgot to mention the subtitle of this thread is: Explain what object are to a chinchilla

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

What are mexi-fries

what is a peacoat

I forgot to mention the subtitle of this thread is: Explain what object are to a chinchilla

41jI9TMWeRL._SX280_SY418_SH35_-634847971759802670-150.jpg

Ahoy!

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Todaya been better then yesterday.

I have to remember to pick something for my mother and I have to buy hair elastics. I keep putting off cutting my hair but I can rock a ponytail now which is cool i guess.

Sup with yall

icGJy2C.png

Oh yeah swordfights you could pull that off sure

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    My sister in law just called because she had a funny message on her answering machine. Apparently my wife, when wiring the money for our summer vacation (which we will take with her sister, hence the call to her and not us) made a very small mistake.

And they wondered why we went them 7000€ instead of 700.

Grobian wrote: »
    My sister in law just called because she had a funny message on her answering machine. Apparently my wife, when wiring the money for our summer vacation (which we will take with her sister, hence the call to her and not us) made a very small mistake.

woah!

At least it was to a relative!

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

What are mexi-fries

what is a peacoat

Ahoy!

That's mexi-fries, @Chincymcchilla

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Peacoats are sexy.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Peacoats are sexy.

It is known.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I am about to take a final.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Doing fairly well over here. I've had one day off in the last 3 weeks, but most of my working days are 4-5 hours long for which I still get my full salary. And my plan for rotating weekend & holiday coverage has been tentatively accepted. So while I'm still busy today and I have to do some writing up for this new scheduling plan, I should start getting weekends again.
    Plus, my girlfriend likes me, and though we didn't stay together last night, she sent me some sweet texts as she was going to bed.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    trying to find a non-creepy non-suggestive way to say that liiya is the type of person it'd be cool to attract so that's a strong vote of confidence

not succeeding, so just posting this instead

lfYVHTd.png
    There was like a period two years ago when peacoats where all I saw people wearing

That is my peacoat story

icGJy2C.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    that definitely happened, it was not just a you phenomenon!

it was all up in the fashion thread too

now the hype has died down and it is my time to shine

lfYVHTd.png
    Aw Swords - you have made my day!!

DaMoonRulz wrote: »

What are mexi-fries

what is a peacoat

Ahoy!

That's mexi-fries, @Chincymcchilla

It looks delicious!

I am about to take a final.

Good luck!

That sounds about right given my fashion awareness. Or lack of

Also good to see ya swords hope youve been doing good!!

icGJy2C.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

woah!

No, it was to the owners of the apartment we're renting. They just called my sister in law because they only have her number.

That sounds about right given my fashion awareness. Or lack of

Also good to see ya swords hope youve been doing good!!
    At least you knew what they were?

right now i'm on the positive side of okay but soon i hope to be doing full-fledged good

i hope the same for you!

lfYVHTd.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Day's going pretty well! Didn't sleep all that great due to the humidity, but other than that everything seems to be coming up Didgeridoo. Weather's beautiful, co-workers are nice, etc

I've got to stop refreshing the state job postings though, I'm driving myself a little nuts. Sent out something like 20 resumes in the last few weeks? I'm hoping to land something year-round over the summer, since my current job is 10 months on, 2 (summer) months off. It'd be convenient for interviews, anyhow

woah!

No, it was to the owners of the apartment we're renting. They just called my sister in law because they only have her number.

Oh dear

well I hope they returned the money!

Peacoats are absolutely fantastic and everyone should have one.

What are mexi-fries

tacotime-mexi-fries-620x348.jpg
    Basically tater tots, but better.

Well

I do love tots

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh I'm probably getting a root canal this week?? They're supposed to call me today to tell me what time.

Well

I do love tots

It's hard not to! They're usually served with some variety of hot enchilada sauce and they are pretty damn good. They're entirely the reason that Taco Bell finds it so hard to get a foothold up here in the alberta north. Everyone loves they mexifries.

Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Day's going pretty well! Didn't sleep all that great due to the humidity, but other than that everything seems to be coming up Didgeridoo. Weather's beautiful, co-workers are nice, etc

I've got to stop refreshing the state job postings though, I'm driving myself a little nuts. Sent out something like 20 resumes in the last few weeks? I'm hoping to land something year-round over the summer, since my current job is 10 months on, 2 (summer) months off. It'd be convenient for interviews, anyhow

Good luck

You can't job search all day, you'll drive yourself crazy. make sure to take nice breaks.
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh I'm probably getting a root canal this week?? They're supposed to call me today to tell me what time.

:/ well the good news is they don't hurt as much as fiction and media like to pretend

the bad news is they still hurt pretty bad

good luck dude

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to decide if I want to call off work, but I kinda need the money to pay for my root canal!

This discussion has been closed.