As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Soiree

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Soiree

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SlinkerSlinker Comic/animator wannabe www.joakimj.seRegistered User regular
    Is this the introduction for the new awesome plank merchandise soon available on the store?

Great comic. Been reading regularly for some time now. :)

• ObsidiasObsidias Registered User new member
    It's wood! It's wood! It's better than bad, IT'S GOOD!

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Gotta love Brian's ecstatic look. That kid knows how to keep his cool.

• PurdueBradPurdueBrad Human DenverRegistered User regular
    I love the Ren and Stimpy-esque 2nd to last panel.

• BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    I'm telling you, Molebert is hoping to convert someone to Notchism so he'll finally have a fellow enthusiast around.

• d20 despotd20 despot Registered User new member
    My favourite part is the question mark in "Happy Birthday?"

• marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing the pouring rain put out the fire Malachi started in the last comic.

• Brass55Brass55 Registered User regular
    I like the little party flowers in Seventeen's hair

• JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    This comic is awesome. It was so depressing, but now it's so heartwarming and hilarious. Also, hello kitty.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Hey guess what?

Yup, I have a new favourite character :P Molebert FTW. I am now an official notch convert... My computer desk is kinda messed up, but it was fun!

• Eric the PrezEric the Prez Registered User regular
    Nooooo kitty, get out of the rain

• JayeEmmJayeEmm New HampShireRegistered User regular
    I just binge-read this from the beginning for the first time - and now I'm sad there are no more yet. Funny and sad and lovely - and everything's better with the addition of a secret cat. Brava!

• Shark.FighterShark.Fighter Registered User regular
    @katiejrice i just wanted to say, the wife and i watched you on strip-search, and were happy to see you win it. i'm usually nit-picky about the art when reading comics, but i keep finding your comic/artwork is both impressive and inspiring, and helps keep me at it. i have become a major weedonwantcha fan! so, i say to you, bravo!

• generaputinholegeneraputinhole Registered User regular
    Did Seventeen just sign her name as Ten?

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Birthday comic on my birthday! Coincidence? I think... yes.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Did Seventeen just sign her name as Ten?

I think it's just an "X" because she can't actually spell her name, not a Roman numeral.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Yeah, I read it as Seventeen probably doesn't know how to spell. I got that Brian did the signs and words on the cards, while Seventeen did the picture.

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    So is Malachi thirteen now, or was he eleven when he got to the camp and became twelve?
    In the comic's tradition of really disturbing implications, why does Seventeen not know how to spell her name? Has she been here that long? Does it have to do with why she was dropped off - she has a learning disability, or maybe just dyslexia, and her parents were disappointed in her?
    Actually (and I know this is probably completely wrong) I wonder if that's where her name came from - maybe her real name is Stephanie, but she spells it along the lines of "Sephatine"

• NuurgleNuurgle Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    I love that Brian is smiling on the card, but Malachi is a little sad-face boy, even on his own birthday card.

• SlumberySlumbery Registered User new member
    edited March 2014
    Now, this is some interesting weather. Pouring rain, but the stars are still perfectly visible, so no clouds. Almost like a big invisible fire extinguisher was switched on just right above the camp. :)

Slumbery on
  • KakulukiaKakulukia Registered User regular
    Does the new kid have a name? He's adorbs.

• AskmeaboutLOOMAskmeaboutLOOM There Can Be Only One. Oklahoma Oklahoma Oklahoma...city, county, state.Registered User regular
    They might not be stars; those dots could just as well be hail falling along with the rain, thus making it a far more miserable sight from which to escape into the cabin.

• SlumberySlumbery Registered User new member
    Well, this comic does not try to be photo-realistic obviously, so I don't say your interpretation is impossible, but still, those dots do not look like hail at all. First, they are not in the same depth/distance as the rain, they are in the background. Second, they are exactly the same as in the episode before this and there was no rain then. They are stars.

One could argue, there could be still clear sky at one side when the cloud just arrived, but the pictures pretty much cover all main directions (watch the windows and the characters' position compared to them) and all are the same.

However given the style of this comic, this is possibly intentional.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the starry sky was just a mistake.

It will be fixed when the comic is re-released as a Special Edition 20 years from now.

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    What do you do with a piece of un-notched wood that you can't do with notched wood?

• BlurplepieBlurplepie Registered User new member
    You know, I just LOVE how seventeen sees magic in like, EVERYTHING. I mean, I just cannot think of what kind of... THING wouldn't want such a cute little ball of adorable to raise as their own.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Kakulukia wrote: »
    Does the new kid have a name? He's adorbs.

I don't think Katie has told us his name yet, but we in the comments have begun affectionately referring to him as Molbert per someone's suggestion in his first appearance a few comics back.
    What do you do with a piece of un-notched wood that you can't do with notched wood?

What any true notch enthusiast would do, put notches in it.

• stickwriterstickwriter Registered User regular
    I think it'd be great if Seventeen's signature was XVII. It's not that she never learned how to write, but it's that she never learned how to write roman numerals.

• ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Mmm... so delicious wood.

Nothing can't stop the rise of new civilization now.

• k4tn1pk4tn1p Registered User new member
    PLANK!