As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"Bad" food thread. Komm Süsser Tod

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Union Station in DC is in a dire situation when it comes to food options. So far I've just been hitting Potbellys because I don't quite hate myself enough to eat at Subway/mcdonalds and the less chainy options are a bit pricier than I want from a lunch

food trucks have to park 10 minutes away when my lunches are only 30 minutes doesn't help either

VRXwDW7.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There's a difference between "I work for [CompanyCo] and oppose gay rights" and "I own/control [CompanyCo] and oppose gay rights". CFA is the latter.

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Wendy's trumps all the mass produced fast food chains from decades back.

Their nugs are mm mm goooood

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wendy's does have the best nugs.

Now I want to go get Wendy's.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't care what people do with their own money, in that it's not usually going to impact who I choose to do business with. But the donations on part of CFA weren't limited to individual employees, even executives. The donations were made by the corporate entity itself, not by any one individual.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wendy's is the best in the dirt-cheap bracket, I suppose.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    My stomach does not consider politics when it wants nugs.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    double post.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The one time I was within Mouthshot of a Wendys it was closed. Phooey.

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    I thought CFA dude was dead and that sort of policy went with him?

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    The one time I was within Mouthshot of a Wendys it was closed. Phooey.

Phrasing!

steam_sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This is probably my favorite local fast food burger joint:

http://youtu.be/O1hzFGOkBnk

Please focus on the food and ignore the Guy Fieri. Doesn't even touch on their delicious belgian fries (fried twice!) or their multiple different flavors of freshly made ketchup.

Place is amazing.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am eating a quiznos sandwich right now.

I am still fucking haunted by the time Tonkka talked about a mythical Quiznos but with nachos instead of sandwiches

I literally day dream about opening a fast food custom nachos restaurant

I would like to live this dream as well

2x39jD4.jpg
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    We used to have like a local chain , like not sure if actual chain beyond here, but they had 3 locations for the longest time.

Burger Baron

They were so good, and the last one closed a few years ago and I miss them

There are a LOT of Burger Barons in Edmonton.

4-5, as far as I know.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I am still fucking haunted by the time Tonkka talked about a mythical Quiznos but with nachos instead of sandwiches

like IMAGINE IT

they dump chips into an oven tray of the size of your choosing, you choose any kind of premium options - pulled pork, shredded beef, ground taco meat, Carne asada, grilled chicken, little chunks of fish, maybe even shrimp, or you can skip all that shit and just get the basics

Choose if you want onion, jalapenos, green peppers, corn, olives, choose what kind of cheese you want and then they drop that shit onto a quiznos conveyor belt oven and it comes out 30 seconds later bubbly and hot. Choose from like 7 different salsas, sour cream is free obvs, Guac is a buck

I WANT TO EAT THERE EVERY DAY

#pipe on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    On Saturday I had a mac and cheese burger

As in, a burger with mac and cheese on it

I did not know such a thing was possible

I also had a camel burger yesterday, as a continuation of Rhesus Eats the Animal Kingdon. It was OK, but kinda dry (which makes sense because the fat is almost all in the hump)

You must have missed my previous Woody's Burger post which includes such toppings as turkey, ham, M&C, BBQ pork (or chicken) and peanut butter.

newSig.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

like IMAGINE IT

they dump chips into an oven tray of the size of your choosing, you choose any kind of premium options - pulled pork, shredded beef, ground taco meat, Carne asada, grilled chicken, little chunks of fish, maybe even shrimp, or you can skip all that shit and just get the basics

Choose if you want onion, jalapenos, green peppers, corn, olives, choose what kind of cheese you want and then they drop that shit onto a quiznos conveyor belt oven and it comes out 30 seconds later bubbly and hot. Choose from like 7 different salsas, sour cream is free obvs, Guac is a buck

I am dumfounded that this dosen't exist.

• OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular

like IMAGINE IT

I am dumfounded that this dosen't exist.

The mexican place in my work's cafeteria does something like this. Just had it for lunch actually. They use the liquid cheese and don't toast it or anything, but it's still pretty tasty.

When it comes to burgers, I'd put Fudruckers or Red Robin at my top, but I do like Five Guys more than In-n-Out. Granted, I may have just had them on an off night, but I wasn't impressed.

Xbox Live: Oricalm
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Recently tried Mugshot burgers.

Completely blows away fast food burgers, slow food burgers, and easily ranks up against high end burger joints. Too bad the closest one is hundreds of miles away from where I live. Meat was perfectly grilled with delicious charred flavor bits. The condiments compliments how good the meat is instead of masking how bland the burger is without 90 kinds of sauces with a fucking cob salad on top of it. If you have a chance, go check this place out!

menufoodimage.png

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There's a Mugshots right by my place
    It's... okay, I guess

They just built a Fuddrucker's up the highway though and that is my jam

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Fuddrucker's is good if I want a butter burger.

I swear, the one time I went to one the bun was just dripping with butter. All I tasted was butter; and by butter I mean margarine.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Fuddruckers closed down all of its Utah locations, and I miss it terribly. The nearest one is in Las Vegas... and that's almost incentive enough for me to vacation there, even though I'm totally disinterested in gambling.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Steak n Shake.

Frisco Melt isn't technically a burger but technically fuck you it's da boom

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I don't care how far spread over our area it is, I love me some Portillos. Pretty good beef sandwich and dogs, and nice fries.

And then if you want your daily calories you just order a chocolate cake shake.

Steak and shake has pretty good shoestring fries.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I had spicy udon noodles from Four Belly last night and it was so delicious.

I heaved that shit into my face at a breakneck pace.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Steak n Shake here got better, but it's still not great. I miss the hell out of fuddrucker's but I ain't trying to eat 1lb burgers anymore.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @The Hanged Man there's plenty of not gambling to do in Vegas! Hiking in Red Rock, going to the Pinball Museum (playable), the Atomic Testing Museum, not to mention all the shows!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

No more star trek experience though.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Steak n Shake is garbage that I can't deny

I am always in the mood for it

I went and saw Penn and Teller when we went to Vegas.

I didn't have my glasses though so I could not actually see much

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I used to work at Freebirds! Then they closed the restaurant!

Because of you?

It had to flllyyyyy higggghhhh freeeeeeebiiiiird! WENANNAA NAAA NAA NANA NA NA NA NA!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Because of you?

It had to flllyyyyy higggghhhh freeeeeeebiiiiird! WENANNAA NAAA NAA NANA NA NA NA NA!

C'mon, only 10 more minutes of that! YOU CAN DO IT!

kyrcl.png
    Steak and Shake hires all of the weirdest looking people. I think it is a requirement in their hiring handbook.

Speaking of weird looking waitstaff, I miss going to strange little truckstops and getting burgers and omelettes and things. And your waitress would come up and still be smoking.

I should go on a road trip.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Steak n Shake is garbage that I can't deny

I am always in the mood for it

bacon, egg, and cheeseburger!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Because of you?

NANANANANANANANAN! WEEENENEE NAA NEE NA NEWENEW NEW NEW NEW DEEENNEEE DEEEN DEEN DAA

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    no offense to the light skinned peeps here

but whenever i step into a chick fil a, the first thing i notice is just how white everyone is, like super white, like they all stepped out of a 1950s family sitcom

it really is unsettling

balerbower on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    'sokay, we know.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Because of you?

NANANANANANANANAN! WEEENENEE NAA NEE NA NEWENEW NEW NEW NEW DEEENNEEE DEEEN DEEN DAA

lighter_at_concert.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    no offense to the light skinned peeps here

but whenever i step into a chick fil a, the first thing i notice is just how white everyone is, like super white, like they all stepped out of a 1950s family sitcom

it really is unsettling

Are you sure that isn't just a regional thing? The Chik Fil A in the mall near me is chock full of black people and it's a pretty mixed race mall.

This discussion has been closed.