As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prime 2015 Registration Beckons

12345679»

• LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    Birrhan wrote: »
    Zorbane wrote: »

You were supposed to first email pax_questions@paxsite.com, and they would then give you contact instructions afterward.

I never got a reply, should I be worried?

Neither did I. So I have the same question, ha.

I'm in the same boat and I'm thinking I won't get the the email because it took me to long to fell out the order process.

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I got lucky. My first order only allowed me to pick 2 of each day. Then I went back into the queue and was able to make it into the system again to order a second set, 2 of each day, so four badges for each day, which is the limit. Second order didn't get charged for shipping like the first one did for some reason, which is an oddity according to the official_pax twitter as I should have.

But so far, both orders are intact on the showclix site. I'm wondering what fuzzy animals I will need to have ready for sacrifice to make sure everything arrives on time as I've got at least two different sets of people depending on the second order making it intact and on-time.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    You could always try sending them another message.

• sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    K I'm not expecting much since it seems like my "bug" was really weird with not letting me get a monday when i only wanted 1 single set, but I email pax_questions@paxsite.com right? and can they actually do anything at this point or would i just be SoL? IDC either way TBH because I'm pretty sure I could find a Monday myself during the week, but if they're actually helping people and I can get some help I'm not gonna just pass that up

• LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I contacted pax_questions about my orders last week and sent them another one this morning - they responded within a few minutes. I got in when there was a bug in the system too.

If you haven't heard from them, I suggest sending them another e-mail. I had about 3 back and forth e-mails within a 10 minute period.

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Lindabear wrote: »
    I contacted pax_questions about my orders last week and sent them another one this morning - they responded within a few minutes. I got in when there was a bug in the system too.

If you haven't heard from them, I suggest sending them another e-mail. I had about 3 back and forth e-mails within a 10 minute period.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    You could always try sending them another message.

This is good advice. I've already sent 2 emails. Once more I guess then?

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I have to admit, I'm really pleased with how little debate/arguments there are this year over the badges and 'better' ways to sell them.

That being said, this was linked in the IRC and I really think it should be in the FAQ, if it's not already. Some really good info in there as well:

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/how-penny-arcade-manages-pax-ticket-sales-and-why-your-crazy-idea-to-fix-them-wont-work/

(For example, I had no idea that PAX staff could blacklist someone from ordering tickets)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    Yeah I think that the same argument can only be re-hashed so many ways with the same participants. It's nice to have one more thing to point to where Robert has explained these same things though :)

I'd think the lack of argument would be thanks to then keeping the same vendor for awhile. I remember there being a lot of argument when they went to these guys in '12 or '13. but since people have calmed down and realized that this is the best method we're gonna get until khoo changes his mind again and our arguing isn't going to sway him.

• YakivegasYakivegas Registered User regular
    Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but on their "Changes in the Works" page, they state "When looking over the data, we saw that people were buying 4-Day badges and not using them for the full four days." How do they know if someone used a 4 day badge or 4 one-day badges?

All bleeding stops...eventually.
    Yakivegas wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but on their "Changes in the Works" page, they state "When looking over the data, we saw that people were buying 4-Day badges and not using them for the full four days." How do they know if someone used a 4 day badge or 4 one-day badges?

I would imagine turnstiles or security with those little clickers. If they knew there were 30k 4'days and 20k Monday badges but only 25k people got counted that means only 5k of the four days were used on Monday

• VeeSeeVeeSee Pirate Ninja Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    For those who were affected by the order limit bug and were able to order two additional sets via phone AND have had their CC posted for the additional amount:

1) Did you receive an confirmation/invoice via e-mail? The representative on the phone said an confirmation/invoice would be sent via email. Have not received it. It has been nearly 36 hours.
    2) Is the order showing up on your Showclix account? Will it show up on Showclix at all?

Just want to make sure things are kosher so I don't have to deal with headaches down the line....

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    First, if you've not heard back on help getting additional badges email again ASAP. The deadline is Friday to have it done.

Second, yes I did get an email receipt. If you didn't, call again for sure.

Other than that the process was painless. I'm not sure she was even verifying that I got in while the bug was still going (I'm fairly sure it was fixed by then), but she definitely verified that I had all four days available when I purchased (presumably she'd not have let me buy Saturday otherwise). Now my whole crew is all badged up!

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    My confirmation email was delayed several hours but I did get it.

• jdwjdw Registered User regular
    What turnstiles? Never saw anyone with clickers either.

sanovah wrote: »

I would imagine turnstiles or security with those little clickers. If they knew there were 30k 4'days and 20k Monday badges but only 25k people got counted that means only 5k of the four days were used on Monday

TylKYeQ.png
    jdw wrote: »
    What turnstiles? Never saw anyone with clickers either.

sanovah wrote: »

Pretty sure I always saw/see one of the WSCC employees with a clicker right after the first set of escalators before you get into the hall when they check for badges. I'll have to pay attention this year.

Yeah, there aren't literal turnstiles, but there are various people (enforcers/greencoats) with clickers at the different entrances at different times of day. They're pretty discreet about it though.

• skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    I really hope I hear back soon, I've sent three emails already and that seems excessive to me. I don't want to send another so I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep the dream alive. Wish me luck getting those last two sets of passes. <3

*~o(^.^)o~*
  • ZorbaneZorbane Registered User regular
    skitterbug wrote: »
    I really hope I hear back soon, I've sent three emails already and that seems excessive to me. I don't want to send another so I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep the dream alive. Wish me luck getting those last two sets of passes. <3

I sent an email this morning too (just the second overall), hope I get a reply as well =(

• LairdLaird Registered User regular
    Sent a 3rd email, hope to finally get a reply.

• ShiinaBatShiinaBat Registered User regular
    VeeSee wrote: »
    For those who were affected by the order limit bug and were able to order two additional sets via phone AND have had their CC posted for the additional amount:

1) Did you receive an confirmation/invoice via e-mail? The representative on the phone said an confirmation/invoice would be sent via email. Have not received it. It has been nearly 36 hours.
    2) Is the order showing up on your Showclix account? Will it show up on Showclix at all?

Just want to make sure things are kosher so I don't have to deal with headaches down the line....

I can't speak for this particular instance, but I can see tickets that I bought for East and Prime all the way back to 2012 on my account. I'd imagine you'd be able to see this new order as well. It may be worth contacting them to ensure everything is ok.

zqKoGoV.png
  • OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    So I got a reply from PAX and was told to contact a specific person in the email. I have called the person on Tuesday and Wednesday will still no response back. I am getting a little worried but going to call her again today.

• LairdLaird Registered User regular
    Orezbus wrote: »
    So I got a reply from PAX and was told to contact a specific person in the email. I have called the person on Tuesday and Wednesday will still no response back. I am getting a little worried but going to call her again today.

I also received said email, I was just going to ask "for those whom were contacted back after leaving the VM what happens and how long till you were contacted?" please and thank you for infoz.

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I called and left a voicemail late Monday, got a callback late Wednesday (like 8pm eastern). When she called it was just a matter of verifying what I wanted to buy, verifying my address and such (she had it from the previous order), and providing a credit card.

• OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Laird wrote: »
    I also received said email, I was just going to ask "for those whom were contacted back after leaving the VM what happens and how long till you were contacted?" please and thank you for infoz.

I sent an email to them and they said that we will receive a call back before the deadline. I also provided them my contact details via email. Just waiting at this time.

• skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    Got my email, waiting till I'm off work to call. Fingers crossed. ^-^

*~o(^.^)o~*
  • BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Orezbus wrote: »

As did I. Still waiting for the return call, but I imagine they're swamped, so I'm not worried.

I'm really really happy there looks like there's a system in place to handle this. Thanks to everyone on the back end handling all these requests!

• BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Woo got my return call! Left a message on Monday and a followup on Wednesday (since I forgot to include my callback number the first time)

• arconicarconic Registered User regular
    never got the 2nd email for the 3rd set i ordered but can clearly see both orders on my showclix account.

• Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular
    I just got the email yesterday morning saying to leave a voicemail by today to buy tickets. I left a voicemail within a minute of getting the email. My window was listed until 3PM Eastern today. Does anyone know if that window means to have left the voicemail or to buy tickets as of 3PM today. Just waiting on my call back now and hoping.

• Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular
    Badash112 wrote: »
    I just got the email yesterday morning saying to leave a voicemail by today to buy tickets. I left a voicemail within a minute of getting the email. My window was listed until 3PM Eastern today. Does anyone know if that window means to have left the voicemail or to buy tickets as of 3PM today. Just waiting on my call back now and hoping.

Woohoo was sold my missing tickets just a few minutes before Reed closed up for the day. Shoutout to Pax Folks for all their assistance.

edited July 2015
    If someone other than Alienatedgoose wants to make a separate thread for badge anticipation, please do. Merging their thread into here was probably not the best choice, but they decided to be a silly goose when asking me about it, so they are not getting another crack at it.

zerzhul on
This discussion has been closed.