As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Since the show is all Time Travel shenanigans, I wonder if Rip plucked her out of the timeline right before or right after she was killed. Maybe using future tech to take her dead body and save her. That would explain the White Canary persona.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Interesting.
    And probably more 'don't tell my dad' nonsense.

Think of his heart! If Sara was alive it would kill him!

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I have a feeling the Flash finale might be doing some timeline alterations. Could be she comes from that alternate future.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Yup we can be pretty sure what barry intends in the finale is going to have some repercussions and he already altered time once so its easy enough to hand wave sara not actually dying.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Considering Sara is (currently) dead, and over on Arrow's finale
    Ray was seemingly killed in an explosion

it seems as if Rip Hunter is grabbing people from the moment before their death, probably then returning them to that point when whatever mission (or tv series) is over. It's a thing that happens in comics, both Barry Allen and Booster Gold have used it to great effect.

sig.gif
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    That Supergirl preview is all the worst parts of Smallville, Degrassi, and 7th Heaven stirred into an awful stew and then boiled in a broth of failed dreams. I watched that, I could see the death of human art and the crumbling dust of my own soul.

I did not care for it.

I liked it.

I mean, I won't argue that the tone jumps around, but it is basically the pilot trailer (trying to explain everything about the show) to the pilot episode (trying to explain everything about the show).

It also made me feel a lot better with Melissa Benoist as Kara.

steam_sig.png
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    The one thing I noticed in the trailer is that she is fighting a guy wielding a sweet axe.
    Fearsome Five as the season villain?

• shosarshosar Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    There's a new trailer out for Supergirl, and this one is a little less of a "for the advertisers" affair. And it includes a Wells-ish "I believe in you" microphone scene. https://youtu.be/CThmpQJ6NMY

shosar on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    At work so I can't actually watch this for another 30 or so but here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Legends of Tomorrow looks super fun, fantastic trailer too. That second Supergirl promo is indeed much better.

D083uBC.jpg
    Ok, so that trailer pretty much confirms a few things:
    Sarah comes back via The Lazarus Pit and Ray survives via shrinking

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited May 2015
    I'm excited for
    Vandal Savage

shosar on
    Me too...
    The last time they did Vandal Savage was on Smallville, and that was for one episode. I'm quite excited to see him used as the primary villain for this series. I wonder who they'll get to play him.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God damn it CW stop having all the things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I think the giant robot foot just screams, "Your move, Marvel."

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    OMG OMG!

Legends of Tomorrow!

I am squealing with joy right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
    shosar wrote: »
    Marvel doesn't have a spectacle show, they should fix that.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Is it me or did they write the Supergirl role for Ellie Kemper?

edited May 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »

Agents of SHIELD does that in season 2. The finale was bat-shit insane.

edit: Season 1's latter half was insane with absurd concepts and special effects as well.

Harry Dresden on
    So it looks like this isn't really a trailer from the pilot, as the pilot hasn't been shot yet, instead it looks like they just filmed a few scenes for the express purpose of creating this. It looks like the only new stuff is the rooftop talk, the fight against the evil army, the hawkgirl CGI and
    Sara's rebirth and the final Atom talk
    which could explain why we aren't seeing the whole team, as this was probably just a matter of grabbing whoever was available.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'm so happy that
    Ray can shrink. It's about damn time, they've been leading up to it for so long now.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.

edit: Season 1's latter half was insane with absurd concepts and special effects as well.
    I love the shit out of AoS, but it's character driven instead of spectacle driven. There are some good effects, but a show like Flash (and apparently Legends of Tomorrow) is heavily driven by superpowered shenanigans and special effects.

I love the shit out of AoS, but it's character driven instead of spectacle driven. There are some good effects, but a show like Flash (and apparently Legends of Tomorrow) is heavily driven by superpowered shenanigans and special effects.

Have to agree here. Shield pulls off some pretty amazing visuals for tv, but it is very much a character driven show.

While the Arrowverse shows also focus on the characters, they are very much still driven by crazy visuals and effects.

Both are amazing in their own way, and I'm glad they each take a different route. I'm not sure which way Supergirl will take yet, but I'm thinking it'll lean toward the visual spectacle too.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, is there any news regarding the Legends of Tomorrow show and what it will mean for the current Arrow and Flash shows?
    I'd imagine it's a lot of work for the actors and writers just doing one show with occasional character cross overs, trying to do two shows with occasional cross overs to the other shows sounds like it'd be a real pain.

see317 wrote: »
    So, is there any news regarding the Legends of Tomorrow show and what it will mean for the current Arrow and Flash shows?
    I'd imagine it's a lot of work for the actors and writers just doing one show with occasional character cross overs, trying to do two shows with occasional cross overs to the other shows sounds like it'd be a real pain.

The only characters with regular work on their shows are Arrow and Flash, and I think they'll be re-occurring.

• SuneaterSuneater Registered User regular
    Did Legends of Tomorrow trailer footage come from Flash finale?

3DS FC# 3480-2551-0694
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I think some of it might be. Or they may be airing that teaser at the end of the episode.

I also like to point out that Borrowman once again has a role of someone with eternal life which sounds super hilarious to me.

D083uBC.jpg
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Considering how the Legends of Tomorrow uses mostly test footage, the special effects aren't too bad.

Although, they really need to redesign or spend more money on Ray's suit. I know they don't want to cover up Brandon Routh's handsome face but that helmet just looks silly. And yeah, they can't make it too bulky and they don't have Stan Winston Studios working for them but they need to do something to make the suit look more advanced and less cobbled together.

Give him a break, it's his first suit. Be glad it's not's pots and pans Mark I.

D083uBC.jpg
    Ravelle wrote: »
    I also like to point out that Borrowman once again has a role of someone with eternal life which sounds super hilarious to me.

What?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

What?

Arrow spoilers
    Malcolm is the new Ra's

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Wait a second...

2:10 in...

Could it be...?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Wait a second...

2:10 in...

Could it be...?

Totally is.

What?

Arrow spoilers
    Malcolm is the new Ra's

Ah, I hadn't watched the new Arrow yet. Interesting...

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Ok, so that trailer pretty much confirms a few things:
    Sarah comes back via The Lazarus Pit and Ray survives via shrinking

Also that we live in an alternative reality where something like this can happen

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

....Role?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg

Also.... Rory is there, too. Basically, arrow is canon in the dr who universe

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Don't forget River Song!