As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Bad" food thread. Komm Süsser Tod

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I hate Celantro cause it tastes like soap to me. But put avacado on any and everything I ever will eat please.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I used to walk past a Carls Jr on my way to work

occasionally I'd stop there for breakfast and their sourdough breakfast sandwich is still the best fast food breakfast I've ever eaten

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Speaking of McDoubles from earlier, I remember I was so pissed when the $1 McDouble reduced from having 2 patties and 2 pieces of cheese to 2 patties and 1 piece of cheese, and then they re-introduced the Double Cheeseburger to the menu at $1.29 which was the 2 patties and 2 pieces of cheese.

Now I think a McDouble is $1.29 and a Double Cheeseburger is $2. Fucking travesty.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Like, let's get real here.

There have been days where I have eaten two double cheesburgers a quarter pounder with cheese and large fries as a single meal, because I am an awful shitperson, it wasn't hard, so I can't really imagine 10 regular cheeseburgers being significantly harder if I had the entire day to work on them.

There was a time when I was a landscaper that my average lunch was a double bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's with a large Frosty, large fries, chili, and a baked potato, washed down with a large Coke.

Of course, that was when I was either walking 5+ miles a day with a weed eater in my hands or a leaf blower on my back, so I needed every calorie I could get.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    I hate Celantro cause it tastes like soap to me. But put avacado on any and everything I ever will eat please.

Funny thing about that: I have the exact same issue. People treat me like I'm an idiot when I physically react to tasting cilantro...it's like I get slapped in the face as soon as I taste it. Apparently it's a genetics thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html?_r=0

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Tried to go to McDonald's today for some of their chicken selects. Didn't have any. Why you do this?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Chicken Selects came back for a limited time only.

I know how ya feel man. I know how ya feel.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    cr0w wrote: »

Funny thing about that: I have the exact same issue. People treat me like I'm an idiot when I physically react to tasting cilantro...it's like I get slapped in the face as soon as I taste it. Apparently it's a genetics thing.

While the specific gene has been identified which makes cilantro taste super bitter, I am pretty firm in my belief that people just taste things differently.

You can train yourself to define, understand and appreciate flavours like food critics do, but even they will have things they "just don't like"

I don't like black pepper. I have an immediate, visceral reaction to it. It is overpowering and rank to me and if I can taste black pepper at all, it will be the only thing I can taste, and I will send something back because of it.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    68oz Growler of homemade Root Beer from a local place.

10384132_10205714865243764_1452756035866252592_n.jpg?oh=4f103d10e56642686e816b0ae0da4616&oe=56081DC3

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I got chicken selects ONE time when I went to McDonalds, because this was during that Monopoly sticker month and for some reason, two stickers were being offered on the Selects, but not a 10 pack of nuggets.

One would think, being breaded chicken, the strips would taste like nuggets. Nope! They taste surprisingly different, and not in a good way.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I can understand not listing the low margin meals on the drive thru menu, but I don't understand not offering them at all.

I actually like the crispy chicken and bacon ranch wrap, and if I couldn't get it in the drive through I would probably just refuse to order anything and go somewhere else.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Bah. Stupid phone won't let me upload this pic.

Bags of chocolate covered pecans and cashews called "Canadian Bear Droppings" and "Canadian Moose Droppings"

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they're not saying you can't order something at the drive-thru, they're just simplifying the menus to the most commonly-ordered items because people are fucking god damned idiots and if you give them too many things to read at once they're going to hold up the line because, "OH HOLD ON A SECOND GUYS I'VE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 5 MINUTES AND JUST STARTED TO THINK ABOUT WHAT I WANT LOL"

Or am I reading it wrong?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

While the specific gene has been identified which makes cilantro taste super bitter, I am pretty firm in my belief that people just taste things differently.

You can train yourself to define, understand and appreciate flavours like food critics do, but even they will have things they "just don't like"

I don't like black pepper. I have an immediate, visceral reaction to it. It is overpowering and rank to me and if I can taste black pepper at all, it will be the only thing I can taste, and I will send something back because of it.

You must not eat out a whole lot, because that is in every dish ever.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

10384132_10205714865243764_1452756035866252592_n.jpg?oh=4f103d10e56642686e816b0ae0da4616&oe=56081DC3

I want to go to there

a friend of mine has a growler from a place that does craft brewed alcoholic ginger beer and I want to go to there too

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Root Beer >>>>>> Beer

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Who wants a heartwarming moment in this thread?

Me! Me! I do!

SEE IT: Kentucky fast food worker secretly filmed helping customer with disabilities
    A Kentucky fast food employee served up a side of kindness when he hand-fed a customer with physical disabilities.

Qdoba Mexican Grill employee Ridge Quarles was secretly filmed feeding the customer at the Louisville eatery after she asked for help, Wave3 reported Monday.

Quarles said the woman was a regular customer but he never learned her name.

"She didn't get out of her house very often, but whenever she did, she always told me, 'Ridge, this is my most favorite place to eat," Quarles told Wave3.

The woman usually arrived by bus and got stuck waiting in the parking lot until someone could let her in, said Quarles, who worked at Qdoba for five years.

A few weeks ago, Quarles said he helped the woman with her usual lunch order — a taco salad with hot sauce and cheese — and wanted to make sure she had everything she needed.

"She turned around and was like, 'Sir, if you don't mind could you help me eat?'" Quarles said.

Quarles put on gloves and began spooning the salad into her mouth.

Another customer, David Jones, said he started filming so he could show his friends "there's still some good people in the world.”

Quarles said he barely thought about the act.

"She needs help and if I wasn't going to do it, no one was," he said.

He's since been praised by media around the country, including Today.com and NBC News.

Quarles left Qdoba in April to become a client coordinator at a web design company, according to his Facebook.

But his former manager said his actions were part of the restaurant's philosophy.

"It's just not about making people's food," Qdoba manager Jim Schroeder said. "It's about what kind of positive impact can I have on somebody else's day."

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Root Beer >>>>>> Beer

This is like saying steak is better than pulled pork

They share superficial similarities, in that they are both meats/liquids, but they are trying to do two different things

They're not really a 1:1 comparison sort of deal

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I want to go to there

a friend of mine has a growler from a place that does craft brewed alcoholic ginger beer and I want to go to there too

Come on over! I'll take you to Soup Spoon as well for the bread pudding. It's like French toast and cinnabon had a baby.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

people look at me wierd when i mention the celantro thing. I suddenly know what it feels like with your black pepper thing cause i cannot imagine that.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

if I can taste black pepper at all, it will be the only thing I can taste

• Options

what is it that we're doing here?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    A few years ago my Mom's idiot boyfriend filled the pepper grinder with cloves, without ever realizing it. I went over to their place for a barbecue one weekend, took one bite of the burger he made for me on the grill and thought I was going to die.

Nothing tasted right for a week.

• Options
    I'm just saying that you'll be hard pressed to find most anything at a restaurant that doesn't include black pepper.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    A few years ago my Mom's idiot boyfriend filled the pepper grinder with cloves, without ever realizing it. I went over to their place for a barbecue one weekend, took one bite of the burger he made for me on the grill and thought I was going to die.

CLOVE GRINDER! That sounds awesome.

• Options

Persecuting the guy who doesnt like black pepper.
    "I'll allow it!"

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

That...sounds deliberate?

Like unless the guy is anosmic I don't see any way that could be an accident.

• Options
    A major component of clove taste is imparted by the chemical eugenol,[3] and the quantity of the spice required is typically small. It pairs well with cinnamon, allspice, vanilla, red wine and basil, as well as onion, citrus peel, star anise, or peppercorns.

From the wiki. Maybe he did it on purpose? Some people love the things.

• Options

Persecuting the guy who doesnt like black pepper.
    "I'll allow it!"

It's not persecution. It's just a fact jack. That shiz is in nearly everything at most restaurants.

• Options
    Maybe, I dunno. Knowing my Mom, I doubt it.

All I know is I thought it was gross as hell.

• Options
    I'm just saying that you'll be hard pressed to find most anything at a restaurant that doesn't include black pepper.

and I'm saying I don't mind if it's there

I mind if I can taste it

there are all kinds of things in foods that I can't taste

I wouldn't sit down and eat a bowl of flour but I love bread.

you see what I'm doing here?

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Sandwiches from a place called California Sandwiches. Is that a "style" that I've just never heard about? Is there a way to make a sandwich California style?

Hey, I was born in California, and I had no idea California had a particular sandwich style.

From what I gather around here (Kansas), a "California style" sandwich means it has avocado on it. Except at Freddy's, where "California style" means "almost In-N-Out, but not quite".

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options

and I'm saying I don't mind if it's there

I mind if I can taste it

there are all kinds of things in foods that I can't taste

I wouldn't sit down and eat a bowl of flour but I love bread.

you see what I'm doing here?

Alright, I can dig what you're shoveling.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    is there an "Oregon Style"

• Options
    I appreciate the places out here in California that offer you east coast style sandwiches, with copious amounts of oil and vinegar. Mayo is fine and all, but I don't like it on everything, and avocado is a scourge on humanity and must be destroyed.

• Options

Locally-grown, microbrewery sandwiches riding on bicycles with hipster glasses as a garnish

• Options

It's those inside out burgers. I've only see that there.

• Options
    Found a place in Pearland Goddamn Texas that serves legitimate Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches. Dipped.

Someone help me, I may never return.

• Options
    I appreciate the places out here in California that offer you east coast style sandwiches, with copious amounts of oil and vinegar. Mayo is fine and all, but I don't like it on everything, and avocado is a scourge on humanity and must be destroyed.

Alright Magneto. You are now my arch-enemy.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh shitty food thread
    What do you say
    About the crappy thing
    i should eat today?

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.