As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] My love don't cost a thing, but WOW game tokens cost 20K Gold.

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Welp, one of our raiders got hit by the ban wave.

On the one hand, why the fuck would you bot (he did it for levelling at the start of the expansion).

On the other hand, he was one of our better raiders in terms of knowing how to play his classes.

As I said to a friend of mine complaining in vent earlier today that got banned for awhile, "Why the fuck would you bot, this game isn't even that hard. That's what you get for being dumb."

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I can get behind this incentive:
    Draenor Dungeons

While this Bonus Event is active, defeating enemies in any Draenor dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate faction. Completing two Mythic-difficulty Warlords dungeons as a part of a quest during the event awards a Heroic Hellfire Citadel Raid cache.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Daaaamn.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I assume that event will only happen every couple months if there's 7+ different ones, but it's still pretty neat

w/r/t the banwave, you would think that the number of people who use stuff like fishing/honor buddy would cause blizzard to re-evaluate game systems. I'm not crying any tears for people who bot, but still.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    There will always be people who bot regardless of how easy the game is.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Heroic.

Eh.

Yes, I'm jaded. This doesn't offer me much incentive outside of the first ~2 weeks of the new tier. We've proven we can complete Heroic content when we have a stable raid roster. I haven't spent more than 3 roll tokens in a week since Highmaul. And right now I'm only burning 1-2 (which are replaced by follower mission and War Mill)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I assume that event will only happen every couple months if there's 7+ different ones, but it's still pretty neat

w/r/t the banwave, you would think that the number of people who use stuff like fishing/honor buddy would cause blizzard to re-evaluate game systems. I'm not crying any tears for people who bot, but still.

Waitasec, I thought Fishing Buddy is a legitimate addon? I've been using it for a very long time. And it's definitely not a bot.

Or there's a botting program for fishing with the same name?

• Options
    Actual post: Another night of Heroic Blackhand attempts with middling results. We didn't make progress toward cleaner Phase 2 until our RL stopped tanking, got on his mage, and lead people around. So it wasn't even progress from better/cleaner play.

We did clean up the strat a bit, so that helps.

As a melee, I only saw two things that need work: less derps running over mines (me included), and fewer people getting caught by Impales (me included). Regarding impales, there seemed to be a small AOE around the boss when he performed the throw, last night. If I was right up next to him, I would get gibbed even if I was opposite the arrow markers. I'm going to have to throw the logs into WCL and look at replays to see what was actually happening, but that's how it looked.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Actual post: Another night of Heroic Blackhand attempts with middling results. We didn't make progress toward cleaner Phase 2 until our RL stopped tanking, got on his mage, and lead people around. So it wasn't even progress from better/cleaner play.

We did clean up the strat a bit, so that helps.

As a melee, I only saw two things that need work: less derps running over mines (me included), and fewer people getting caught by Impales (me included). Regarding impales, there seemed to be a small AOE around the boss when he performed the throw, last night. If I was right up next to him, I would get gibbed even if I was opposite the arrow markers. I'm going to have to throw the logs into WCL and look at replays to see what was actually happening, but that's how it looked.
    Yeah there's something weird with impales... On one of the last pulls before I switched to tanking, I got wrecked by an impale in P1. I really don't know why that happened; I assumed I was hit by a smash because I was thrown into the outer wall, but the recap definitely said Impale did it. I'll have to check the replay.

I also need get better about moving the boss when he tosses the mines. I don't think I really got the hang of it until the end of the night, so hopefully next time will be better.

I am glad he switched to the mage. He's definitely right about staring at balls/walls as a tank.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Fishing desperately needs something. To people who bot fishing: I don't agree with what you're doing, but I understand.

Thankfully I have managed to get all of the 'catch 100 enormous x' on my 700 fisherman so if anyone needs an easy boost in skill I can just have them do the shack dailies and funnel the fish from my main.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Starting my Disc priest. I'm hoping that by the time I have the time to get him to 100, 6.2 will be out, because I think I'm pretty much done with Garrisonville. I just can't be bothered to login to maintain it these days on my other guys.

• Options
    I have a DK with a L3 garrison and every time I think about the effort to set it up properly with regards to treasure hunter followers and whatnot, I find something else to do.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I'm at the point where if I get any more alts up and running with a level 3 garrison, I will only recruit treasure hunters and only run gold missions, if that

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    That's pretty much where I am crimsoncoyote. I have 4 100s with lvl 3 garrisons. Other than my main I only recruit treasure hunters. My main doesn't really need any more followers (she's around 60 of them) so she only gets treasure hunters also. I think I average 4-5k a day in passive gold between salvage and garrison missions.

I've more gold this expansion than ever before. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    My biggest gripe is I have to quest/unlock Harrison Jones on all my alts; which is more than a bit of a pain. Leveling followers takes too long without his help.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I've had 2 quests left to do on Harrison for like 4 weeks now on my alt, it's just always repeated quests. Bullshit.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I think I've been missing the Beast Within one on one of my alts for weeks now. I somehow got it on one alt but must have forgotten the other one. I've noticed Rukhmar tends to spawn a lot though lately.

• Options
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    They're either threatening violence or threatening suicide.

Blizzard has randomly banned people for Tmorph for as long as it's been around.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that petition brightened my afternoon

'the pvp community that did not use their fingers to play'

ahahaha

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Haha what? Maybe this guy should spend some of the time Blizzard just gave him on his grammar :P

Also, love that this is a White House petition. As though Obama will hear his plight and get Blizzard to unban him.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So now that testing's started on T18 set bonuses, I'm not sure how to evaluate the Boomkin set, although it's trending towards cautious optimism?

Our 2-set is doing around 10-12% of our total damage since we're getting results of summoning upwards of 6 faerie dragons at a time, and because of that our 4-set has ludicrously high (90%+) uptime.

Characters
  • Options
    Oh dear sweet christ, the Resto Druid T18 2-set doesn't consume Lifebloom when it blooms. And its heal is affected by Glyph of Blooming.

Characters
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Where are the tier bonuses outlined? I did a quick search on wowhead and mmo-champ didn't see it anywhere

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Where are the tier bonuses outlined? I did a quick search on wowhead and mmo-champ didn't see it anywhere

http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemsets?filter=minle=695;maxle=695

Those should be all of them.

Characters
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So I read the earnings call report on MMO Champ and came across this:
    Group dungeons are one of the greatest strengths in the MMO genre and it is a shame that there hasn't been more of a reason to do them recently.

And I'm just having trouble understanding that. You people make the game! All the changes happen by your whims! You can't say 'oh man these things are awesome, it sure does stink that we can't come up with a reason to do more of them!' You just fucking did.

• Options
    the only thing they need to do to make dungeons more relevant and worth doing is stop with the insane ilevel inflation of raids

you do not need an extra 15 ilevels from every difficulty

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I wish they'd return to making the dungeon loot actually visually appealing again rather than recolors of BoE blues or the ridiculous shared loot pool of identical-per-armor-type gear in this expansion. Red Sword of Courage, The Sun Eater, Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver, Felstriker, Royal Crest of Lordaeron, Dungeon Sets, the list goes on and on. Give people reasons to run the dungeons more than once. Particularly in a post-Transmog WoW, aesthetics are a huge factor for many players.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Dhalphir wrote: »

You do, if you want every piece of gear to feel like an upgrade (skinner box, yo) and you want the ~1 piece of gear a week from the garrison to replace scheduled nerfs as the method by which normal and heroic raiders are prevented from getting stuck on a boss for more than a month, growing frustrated, and quitting. It only takes a couple frustrated quitters to set the average guild back substantially, but players balk at the idea of bosses getting easier more than they balk at the idea of themselves getting gradually more powerful.

And hell, dungeons would still become obsolete in a tier unless they also reduced the ilvl jump between tiers. Which would then put people in the frustrating spot of "my BIS drops from the old raid so now we have to do two raids every week". If they didn't, you'd have the other problem of "Everybody has to do normal AND LFR difficulty until you've replaced all gear from the previous tier". (Although come to think of it, the legendary questline basically does this already if you got a late start. No wonder it frustrates me.)

And even if they did both of those things, 630 gear would still be mostly irrelevant at this point. The only way to make dungeons offer relevant rewards is to offer a fraction of a piece of raid gear (e.g. valor points or a chance at a really good piece off the last boss), and the only way to make dungeons offer a relevant challenge is to make scale them up (new difficulties for existing dungeons, or new dungeons) or to make players scale down (a la challenge modes).

Edit: Yeah, making dungeons drop things that aren't stat upgrades is another option. Strange as it was, I loved Wildstar's "This boss drops a nice coffee table" thing it had going.

InfamyDeferred on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    If I went back in time, I'd have to murder myself before I said it, but I kind of miss valor points/badges. 5 mans are my favorite part of MMOing.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    8-10 players is my favorite. I like having a second tank, it makes tanking more interesting.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    If I went back in time, I'd have to murder myself before I said it, but I kind of miss valor points/badges. 5 mans are my favorite part of MMOing.
    8-10 players is my favorite. I like having a second tank, it makes tanking more interesting.

I agree with both these statements equally. Sometimes it's fun to coordinate with another tank.* Othertimes, I want to see what I can do flying solo tank.

As long as said other tank is on voicechat and has a working mic. Playing with a tank that I can't talk with, except via text, wears me down after a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really like the idea of scaling dungeons; the problem with it as currently implemented is that the structure of challenge modes (pretty hard/class dependent, time trial) makes them kind of pub-unfriendly. I definitely think you could have 5 mans that scaled your gear to LFR-level, dropped LFR-level gear, and had a once a day goodie bag with a normal raid ilvl piece. Tuning them somewhere between current heroics and CMs shouldn't be too difficult.

it sounds like that might be what mythic dungeons are? I forget all the details

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    HonorBuddy calls it quits in light of the recent banwave.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    A problem with difficult 5 mans is that there is a wide power disparity between classes for 5 mans. I remember swapping our CM tank from a druid to a DK and how much easily everything suddenly became. Classes are balanced for raids and making challenging 5 man content will tend to expose those imbalances.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    HonorBuddy calls it quits in light of the recent banwave.

*airhorns*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

You do, if you want every piece of gear to feel like an upgrade (skinner box, yo) and you want the ~1 piece of gear a week from the garrison to replace scheduled nerfs as the method by which normal and heroic raiders are prevented from getting stuck on a boss for more than a month, growing frustrated, and quitting. It only takes a couple frustrated quitters to set the average guild back substantially, but players balk at the idea of bosses getting easier more than they balk at the idea of themselves getting gradually more powerful.

And hell, dungeons would still become obsolete in a tier unless they also reduced the ilvl jump between tiers. Which would then put people in the frustrating spot of "my BIS drops from the old raid so now we have to do two raids every week". If they didn't, you'd have the other problem of "Everybody has to do normal AND LFR difficulty until you've replaced all gear from the previous tier". (Although come to think of it, the legendary questline basically does this already if you got a late start. No wonder it frustrates me.)

And even if they did both of those things, 630 gear would still be mostly irrelevant at this point. The only way to make dungeons offer relevant rewards is to offer a fraction of a piece of raid gear (e.g. valor points or a chance at a really good piece off the last boss), and the only way to make dungeons offer a relevant challenge is to make scale them up (new difficulties for existing dungeons, or new dungeons) or to make players scale down (a la challenge modes).

Edit: Yeah, making dungeons drop things that aren't stat upgrades is another option. Strange as it was, I loved Wildstar's "This boss drops a nice coffee table" thing it had going.

Well, the ilevel difference between the lowest tier of gear in WotLK and the absolute highest, JUST COUNTING RAID GEAR, was 84.

ilevel200 from Naxx 10man, ilevel 284 from Heroic Lich King 25man.

Heroic dungeons dropped badges that helped you get raid gear, but the heroics were not completely trivial because you didn't outgear them as far.

The difference was even more pronounced in The Burning Crusade, where there were only about 30 ilevels between Karazhan and Sunwell loot.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well, granted the difference between 200 and 284 is a lot more significant than the difference between say, 600 and 684.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Well, granted the difference between 200 and 284 is a lot more significant than the difference between say, 600 and 684.

...no it isn't? Exponential stat increases work the same way as they always have.

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.