As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Crota's Beginning: Fundamentally Unlike Disneyland.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Bungie wrote:
    Weapons
    Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition

I'm hoping this is the one where the Mythoclast turns into a normal Fusion Rifle with charge time etc. that was annyoing as fuck in IB and usually last a full match.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yay Truth!

That wraps up my Xbox One collection o' Exotics!
    (Right in time for HoW I suppose....)

Thanks Xur! You've been looking out for me recently. I can only imagine it's time to sell Sunbreakers again.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    A little disappointed the crucible changes doesn't take effect until tuesday.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Xur's visit is going to be a lot more exciting next week when he'll (hopefully) have new exotics to sell.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Twitter reports are saying that...

Petra's back in the Tower.

Queen's Wrath all up in there, apparently.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I need that other pink shader!!!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    A little disappointed the crucible changes doesn't take effect until tuesday.

I'll believe that when I see it, for example - how many times were we told that the new maps would be included in Iron Banner now? I think its 6, they are still not in.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Didn't even notice but there is hot-fix notes for 1.2.0.1 (dropping 5/19) also in the update post:

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---05152015/en/News/News?aid=12887
    Destiny Hot Fix - 05/19/2015
    1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.

PVP
    General
    Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
    Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
    Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
    Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 100%
    Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
    Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
    Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)

Iron Banner
    Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
    Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
    Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
    Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
    Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Tower
    The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)
    Daily Heroics will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
    Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1

User Interface
    The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD

Technical
    Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
    Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
    This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

Interesting Iron Banner changes:

Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
    Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly (I'm happy about this one, as a newly married man "I need all three Helms!" is apparently not an acceptable excuse for ignoring your new wife for 5 days.)

Dajoran on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    @Dajoran got today's patch notes in text form, but he left out all of the HoW stuff that will go live on the 19th (he may have run out of characters).

Full notes are here: LINK

Stuff coming on the 19th:
    The following is a preview of changes that will take effect on May 19th, 2015 on or soon after 10AM PST with the manual activation of House of Wolves.

Destiny Hot Fix - 05/19/2015
    1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.

PVP
    General

Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
    Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
    Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
    Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 100%
    Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
    Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
    Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)

Iron Banner

Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
    Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
    Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
    Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Tower

The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)
    Daily Heroics will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
    Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1

User Interface

The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD

Technical

Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
    Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
    This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2015
    It also means that if you have 3 competitive characters, you can max out your equipment in 1 Iron Banner more easily.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Question about exotic bounties: If I finish Bad Juju now, will I get the upgraded version or the base? And should I wait to finish it until Tuesday?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Question about exotic bounties: If I finish Bad Juju now, will I get the upgraded version or the base? And should I wait to finish it until Tuesday?

You'll get a 331 Bad Juju that requires leveling (if that's what you mean).

I get the feeling 365 gear will always require Etheric Light, so you might as well finish it.

• Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    You'll most likely receive the Dark Below base damage stat if you finish the bounty now - not sure what damage Exotics would begin from come Tuesday, but I'd assume it would be the 331 base, like the other items we've been seeing.

But, I think if you finish it now and work on fully upgrading it between now and Tuesday, when HoW drops you'll be able to ascend it to the new max if you have an exotic shard (someone can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dajoran on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    hnngh goddamn it servers come back up already - edit - and there it is, 970mb.

Nosf on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So these House of Wolves bounty targets are no joke. Me and two other level 32's couldn't put out enough damage to kill the one at Forgotten Shore.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

You'll get a 331 Bad Juju that requires leveling (if that's what you mean).

I get the feeling 365 gear will always require Etheric Light, so you might as well finish it.

That's what I was hoping for, the 331 version. Right now I have a "pre-Dark Below" Red Death, which would require a shard to upgrade to 331, which I don't want to spend. I'd rather finish Juju and get that.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Aww yeah, you can use the Scorch Cannon in the Queen's Bounty mission.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Marikir wrote: »
    Twitter reports are saying that...

Petra's back in the Tower.

Queen's Wrath all up in there, apparently.

Wait what? Really?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    -Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
    -Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
    -Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Awesome. This should help with Etheric Light too. Quickly getting to Rank 3 on all characters shouldn't be bad at all.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Can anybody explain how exactly the gear scaling/normalization works in Crucible matches? Is my legendary auto-rifle going to do more damage than my rare auto-rifle? What about my "vanilla" level rare pulse rifle compared to an Expansion 1 pulse rifle? What if one is fully upgraded but the other isn't?

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Definitely bring a good arc shotgun if you have one for the Queen's Wrath bounties. These patrol captains are no joke.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Can anybody explain how exactly the gear scaling/normalization works in Crucible matches? Is my legendary auto-rifle going to do more damage than my rare auto-rifle? What about my "vanilla" level rare pulse rifle compared to an Expansion 1 pulse rifle? What if one is fully upgraded but the other isn't?

Ignore the Attack rating. All that matters are the white bars (impact, range, stability, etc. and the unlockable perks). Everyone has the same heath/shields so your defense value doesn't matter either. In your class skill selection the armor, recovery, agility do matter.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Lots of nice changes in those patches; no more shards for Legendaries, more Iron Baby Bounties...

But are we still tied to crucible marks to purchase faction gear?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, it's apparently something like a teaser or preview weekend for House of Wolves.

The Fallen have invaded and the Queen's Emissary has come to the tower to call forth Guardians willing to answer the Queen's Call to Hunt.

My Warlock, in the Queen's Colors, will be busy this weekend.

• Options
    RethiusRethius Registered User regular
    Bought An Insurmountable Skullfort today, which is my first exotic. Really excited about the looks but I read some reviews after the fact and I slightly regret it.

Also picked up Don't Touch Me through an exotic engram, which is delicious.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Rethius wrote: »
    Bought An Insurmountable Skullfort today, which is my first exotic. Really excited about the looks but I read some reviews after the fact and I slightly regret it.

The skullfort looks awesome, which is the most important attribute.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Hopefully you bought the Skullfort after the patch, as it apparently went from a mediocre roll (100 DIS) to the max roll (125 DIS).

But yeah, having Transfusion always on isn't great, but it does indeed look cool.

• Options
    RethiusRethius Registered User regular
    Hopefully you bought the Skullfort after the patch, as it apparently went from a mediocre roll (100 DIS) to the max roll (125 DIS).

But yeah, having Transfusion always on isn't great, but it does indeed look cool.

noooooooooooooooooo :(

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

congrats on don't touch me now you can solo the first part of the crota raid on your hunter

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

The skullfort looks awesome, which is the most important attribute.

this is like those glowing dance boots for the hunter

utterly useless and beautiful

• Options
    Sorry, Chanus, but Radiant Dance Machines look dumb as all hell. They just do not seem to fit the Hunter aesthetic.

Whereas No Backup Plans are all kinds of boss in their holographic goodness. And the visual even seems to match the special ability.

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    "Chanus wrote: »
    this is like those glowing dance boots for the hunter

utterly useless and beautiful

I love skullfort during the Crota fight. So, I would say niche useful and beautiful.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    Sorry, Chanus, but Radiant Dance Machines look dumb as all hell. They just do not seem to fit the Hunter aesthetic.

Whereas No Backup Plans are all kinds of boss in their holographic goodness. And the visual even seems to match the special ability.

i don't entirely disagree

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    If you're not level 32, is there any chance to successfully complete the new Queen's hunt/wrath/whatever it's called stuff? I'm just a lowly 29.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

No Backup Plans always looked too skinny to me. Like they suction your arms so tight that a Titan looks like a baby Hunter.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    If you're not level 32, is there any chance to successfully complete the new Queen's hunt/wrath/whatever it's called stuff? I'm just a lowly 29.

You have my Gjhallahorn!!!
    Provided that you are on Ps4

• Options
    i'd be up for trying to get through some queen stuff on ps4 tonight or tomorrow during the day

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

Right now, yeah, it's a public event and there are A LOT of people doing them.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Arc shields?

Screw Gjallarhorn, get out your Thunderlords, Guardians.

This discussion has been closed.