As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I want an Undead G-Man and Knuckles O'Shaughnessy mini series

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Fraction's Iron Man run was great, yeah

I dunno where Fraction and I kind of diverged in terms of taste. I re-read his IIF recently to see if I was viewing it through rose tinted glasses and no, no it's still just fucking excellent. His X-men I enjoyed, his Iron Man I really enjoyed. What happened to us, Matt?

Was it me? Did I become older and crustier and more miserable in my taste (signs point to yes haha)
    No I am actually with you on this one

Marvel Now is really where we parted ways I think

Well no I love Sex Criminals but his FF/F4 didn't do much for me outside of a fee aspects and his 2 published issues of Inhumans were kinda mediocre and I haven't liked any of his other Image stuff

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I want an Undead G-Man and Knuckles O'Shaughnessy mini series
    They're actually showing up in Inhumans: Attilan Rising, of all places

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    You better not be pulling my leg!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Fraction's Iron Man run was great, yeah

I dunno where Fraction and I kind of diverged in terms of taste. I re-read his IIF recently to see if I was viewing it through rose tinted glasses and no, no it's still just fucking excellent. His X-men I enjoyed, his Iron Man I really enjoyed. What happened to us, Matt?

Was it me? Did I become older and crustier and more miserable in my taste (signs point to yes haha)
    No I am actually with you on this one

Marvel Now is really where we parted ways I think

Well no I love Sex Criminals but his FF/F4 didn't do much for me outside of a fee aspects and his 2 published issues of Inhumans were kinda mediocre and I haven't liked any of his other Image stuff

Sex Criminals and I don't get on at all, and I don't mind that some of his writing has gone really quite off the wall in style (you might call it Morrisonian, but I don't think Fraction has the same sense of symbolism in comics which runs all the way through Morrison's work), but I'm just not a fan of what he does any more. He's too cool and trendy for me. Like, I can appreciate the idea and the artwork of Ody-C, but I'm a big fan of the original lliad and I've seen a few sci-fi interpretations over time, and his just aint all that.

• Options
    You better not be pulling my leg!
    Promise!
    INHATTILAN2015001001_col.jpg?1427812397

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Just watched the Supergirl trailers.

Looks pretty okay.

That they're listing the executive producer/s involved is always cause for a little concern, but whatever.

Uh, why?

How is "This superhero show is brought to you by the people that made these other superhero shows you like!" a cause for concern?

That makes more sense when listing off directors.

Listing off Executive Producers means they were kinda worried about a work getting your attention.

This sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWpCJruFlw

As mentioned, the title of producer isn't quite the same in television as it is in film. The top producer on a show is going to be running the entire season. They're often involved with the writing and will decide the general tone and direction for the show. And for Supergirl this is something very much worth mentioning.

Andrew Kreisberg has a strong background in comics and is almost definitely the reason why the Flash both exists and is as good as it is. Ever since he's said that nothing is off the table as too silly or too out there for his shows I've trusted him to put out a good product.

That said, the other Flash producer attached to Supergirl is Greg Berlanti. His greatest success before the Arrowverse stuff was Dawson's Creek. His only super hero outing without the other producers was the Green Lantern movie. Overall he strikes me as a perfectly decent writer/producer but more geared towards traditional TV drama which has honestly been one of my biggest complaints with Flash and Arrow.

The third person attached is Allison Adler whose biggest scripts seem to have been Chuck, Glee, and The New Normal. But I don't really have much of an opinion on any of those.

That said it will eventually come down to how well they work together and what they decide on for the story and script.

• Options
    The real question is: If you were a Spirit of Vengeance what be your look, your weapon, and your vehicle?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Garbage, cosmic scythe, dumpster

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Has there ever been a comic where Thor has teamed up with a Viking SoV? I think that'd be awesome.

Flaming 2h chained axe, berserker vestments, and riding an Undead Ram.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The real question is: If you were a Spirit of Vengeance what be your look, your weapon, and your vehicle?

There are loads I could name and love, but honestly I've always been a big fan of the cowboy riding a snorting, demonic steed, flaming colt blasting hellfire at the damned souls he hunts across the cursed prairie!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Just watched the Supergirl trailers.

Looks pretty okay.

That they're listing the executive producer/s involved is always cause for a little concern, but whatever.

Uh, why?

How is "This superhero show is brought to you by the people that made these other superhero shows you like!" a cause for concern?

That makes more sense when listing off directors.

Listing off Executive Producers means they were kinda worried about a work getting your attention.

This sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWpCJruFlw

For movies, maybe. But for TV, producers have much more impact (I'm assuming). It's not really any different than Marvel using "From the studio that brought you Avengers and Iron Man" or some shit on their movies.

it's not so much that they have an impact as they are the only constant force throughout the series. usually the producers listed are the damn showrunners, which, i feel is self-explanatory. a season of television will have multiple writers and directors that come and go, but the producers are usually around from day one. they are the ones most responsible for how a show turns out.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular

Pirate, cutlass, Flying Dutchman

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Vin Diesel, wrench, 1970 Dodge Charger R/T

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Vin Diesel, wrench, 1970 Dodge Charger R/T

GR-1-FelipeSmith-OfficialImage-b557d.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BMSM_Cv23_R1.jpg?1431788169
    I'm pretty excited for Jim Gordon Batman but jesus they had to make him look as dumb as possible huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Those are some cool robot bunny ears.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Why is Jim Gordon 35 in that picture

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Requesting that Gary Oldman portray Commissioner Gordon in every single screen appearance of the character until his death and that he adopts the above aesthetic

The kids

Will love it

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Why is Jim Gordon 35 in that picture

Red heads usually look a lot younger than they are! Trust me!

Also he shaved his mustache

• Options
    Batman and third member of Daft Punk? Big year for Gordon!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This robot thing is so fucking dumb

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm conflicted. Batlabor still looks great, but the hair and lack of mustache are the worst.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited for Jim Gordon Batman but jesus they had to make him look as dumb as possible huh

It seems like they did it for a reason, given how much dialogue in the FCBD issue was about his haircut.

I just can't really think of what that reason could be

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Hard to believe that the company that brought us Identity Crisis and Flashpoint would make such a creative misstep with their properties.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    I take far more issue with Superman's haircut and stubble than I do Gordon's look

• Options
    Hard to believe that the company that brought us Identity Crisis and Flashpoint would make such a creative misstep with their properties.
    I think Jim Gordon being a fun weird mecha Batman for a while is pretty rad sounding myself

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh shit, Jim Gordon was Guy Gardner's secret identity all along?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    How's this?

n5x0z2i1e7j5.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Better, actually

The mustache is vital

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I was going to put one on the robot bunny too but I decided against it.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    No seriously isn't he like 60 and stone grey at this point

I haven't read an issue of Batman with Gordon in it in a thousand years

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I would like to hear more about what was said re: that haircut, what is that haircuts origin story

Does it speak

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    No seriously isn't he like 60 and stone grey at this point

I haven't read an issue of Batman with Gordon in it in a thousand years
    Reboot dude

Everyone got younger

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Pretty excited for robo-Arthur The Sidekick!

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Wow I guess we all look the same, huh, Fearghaill??

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Wow I guess we all look the same, huh, Fearghaill??

uh, yes?

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I would like to hear more about what was said re: that haircut, what is that haircuts origin story

Does it speak

Another cop (I think Maggie Sawyer?) was like "what's with the dumb fuckin haircut, Jim?" and he was like "I'm a marine. It's a high and tight" and she was like "dude that's not what a high and tight looks like"

then the haircuts parents were killed in an alley by Joe Chill

This discussion has been closed.