As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 date?

VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
So I know that PAX East 2015 is still 2 weeks away, but I was wondering when PAX East 2016 will be. I want to book a hotel closer to the convention center for next year, since this year I booked when passes went on sale, and the hotel I booked was 2 miles away.

Thanks

Wishes he could change his username

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    If you use the pax hotel system, you'll likely have a far better chance at booking a close hotel at a more reasonable price.

That said, East 2016 appears to be April 22-24, 2016.

http://massconvention.com/events/2016/04

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I found it interesting that the attendance for other event was listed and the biggest one for the year was 18000. Something tells me PAX is a little larger then 18000

• VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Okay thanks

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    That will be warmer weather at least. On the size of PAX, I don't know why they never post even a rough estimate of attendees. I heard it was around 75K or more.

PAX stopped publicly reporting numbers a few years ago.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    That's because the official numbers would look something like this

Tickets Sold: Nowhere Near Enough for those that want to go
    Attendance To Damn Many for those that actually go

• bz_sleeperbz_sleeper Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    If you use the pax hotel system, you'll likely have a far better chance at booking a close hotel at a more reasonable price.

That said, East 2016 appears to be April 22-24, 2016.

http://massconvention.com/events/2016/04

April 22-24 is fantastic. Nice weather. Taxes filed. Baseball season on. The week leading up is also vacation week, and Monday is Patriots Day/Marathon Monday. Lots to do in Boston that week and cap it off with PAX. Lookin' good.

• SneetherSneether Registered User regular
    I am going to East 2016,East 2017,East 2018,and Prime 2018, I have a lot planned in the next 5 years

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    So I know that PAX East 2015 is still 2 weeks away, but I was wondering when PAX East 2016 will be. I want to book a hotel closer to the convention center for next year, since this year I booked when passes went on sale, and the hotel I booked was 2 miles away.

Thanks

There are supposed to be two new hotels completed right next to the convention center by the end of the year so hopefully that will help out with the demand (if only a little bit) next year.

This space for rent
  • VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Thank god it's at the end of April. Should be much better weather and a much easier time for airports

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    That's because the official numbers would look something like this

Tickets Sold: Nowhere Near Enough for those that want to go
    Attendance To Damn Many for those that actually go

This is the truth. Also because various media outlets were trying to turn the numbers into a pissing match between Prime, East and other cons.

JfqWFk8.png
    I know this is WAAAAAY off but the BECE website has 2017 dates up (i'm sure this isn't official though http://signatureboston.com/events/event-calendar.aspx

march 10-12, 2017

This space for rent
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    if its on there it is prob offical

• Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    When will we get a thread ?

TbjrD9q.png
    A thread for what?

zerzhul wrote: »
    A thread for what?

Pre-FAQ thread

TbjrD9q.png
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    I know this is WAAAAAY off but the BECE website has 2017 dates up (i'm sure this isn't official though http://signatureboston.com/events/event-calendar.aspx

march 10-12, 2017
    We haven't see a South date trend yet, but if it's in the same general late-January time frame then early 2017 will be another very busy PAX season.

Lazorz on
  • stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Noticed this today while looking at hotel rooms for something else. The Element and Aloft hotels right near the BCEC are currently scheduled to open before PAX East next year:

Element: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4143
    Aloft: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4142

You know I have PPD when I am already thinking about 2016

TbjrD9q.png
    Noticed this today while looking at hotel rooms for something else. The Element and Aloft hotels right near the BCEC are currently scheduled to open before PAX East next year:

Element: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4143
    Aloft: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4142

They look nice. However, I'm worried about those hotels being rather pricey.

This space for rent
    I have booked a aloft hotel before in dallas for this coming year for wrestlemania it is about 300.00 a night that is before on peak discounts so I would assume in the 200 range after discounts for aloft. Can not say for the element

Gonna be the longest 340 Days of my life, just gotta keep gaming along I guess

TbjrD9q.png
  • CgoslineCgosline Registered User new member
    I was curious if there were places like Holiday INn Express's etc.. We don't need to stay in the general area. I plan on renting a car.

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Josh5890 wrote: »

They look nice. However, I'm worried about those hotels being rather pricey.

Onpeak does a decent job of getting discounts. Seaport is usually a $250-300 a night hotel and they get it down quite a bit.

Cgosline wrote: »
    I was curious if there were places like Holiday INn Express's etc.. We don't need to stay in the general area. I plan on renting a car.

There's a few cheaper options far out from the BCEC. Keep in mind your parking costs (paying to park at the BCEC and paying to park at the hotel if it has a fee) can often make up for the savings.

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I think we paid just over $200 a night (plus parking), last year.

pilferk on
    If you can not get one of the big 3 (maybe more if the other hotels are open by then) I would highly suggest the omni parker have stayed there the last 2 years is fairly reasonable and only a lil over a mile away from the venue

• flaznarflaznar Registered User regular
    Gabe announced on the blog that the South tickets will likely be on sale Sept 16, 2015 with the show dates of Jan 29, 30 and 31. Relevant to our East ticket sale guessing interests.

Link here

I don't think the south sale dates will have anything to do with east sales. I would guess east sales will happen somewhere in the near vicinity of when they did last year.

So around November?

That's my guess

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Is there any possibility that the show has been changed? I noticed it's not on the calendar anymore.

yeah i dont see it at all on the website for the next two years that is strange. Did it get canceled?

well I twitted them guess we will see what they say

Oh thats weird

We already booked hotels so I hope that is not the case

edited August 2015
    rascrush wrote: »
    yeah i dont see it at all on the website for the next two years that is strange. Did it get canceled?
    Why does everyone always assume canceled? They have a contract through 2024, PAX did not get canceled. It's possible those dates were not final. I assume nothing is final until it is announced by pax, but so far things have been accurate as far as that calendar goes.

zerzhul on
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Perhaps they requested Mass Convention to leave it off their schedules for some reason. But I see the show dates are free and not being taken up by another event at that time. If another event was going to be in the BCEC on those days then I'd contact Robert with concern. LOL It was scheduled for April 22-23-24 of 2016 and I assume it still is.

Yeah, Im not worried

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh, me neither. Didn't they announce the 10 year contract with the BCEC around the second or third year of East? I'm no contract expert, but I would expect that signing a deal for that long in advanced would have some kind of wording that would make it costly to get out of. I am, however, worried what will happen after the 10 years. It seems that that they've had a good relationship with the BCEC so far, but the dates that East gets are so varied (sometimes more than a month). This coupled with the way the weather in New England can be and the fact that Boston seems to now want nothing to do with developing more of the area or expand the BCEC at all really worries me. I would hope that East could expand to 4 days like Prime to relieve some of the ticket pressure and maybe rework the schedules for Aus and South so that everything is more evenly spaced out. For now, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    It's also very possible they're mulling over the 4 day option and don't want to put inaccurate data up there.

personally I hope they dont do 4 days just wondering if they do how does it work is it thur start sun end or fri start mon end

This discussion has been closed.